• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goldfish vs Rat

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So yeah, this is gonig to be an interesting one, though I'm probably only saying this because at least things will be a bit fair. We have a goldfish, which is pretty much a carp, against a rat. This is going to be interesting because a rat isn't necessarily disadvantaged by the aquatic environment of a pond. I'll keep it simple.

1. Both are bloodlusted.

2. Speed is equalized.

3. Battle takes place in a pond and a "shore" that's six inches thick. Rat starts at the pond's "shore."

4. Rat carries no diseases.

That aside, who takes this?

595bc88270308b1a215b70c0
Get a better image name!

RatRealLife
Goldfish: 0
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS!!!: 7 (Imaginym, Shrekosaurus Rex, Armorchompy, Robot972, Roachman40, Walker21232123, Jackythejack)

Inconclusive: 0

Having a Hard Time Comprehending This Thread: 1 (Mr. Bambu)

(When I first saw the title, I first assumed Seaking vs Raticate, despite that the former stomps the latter.)

What happens if the rat just exits the pond, goes to the presumably clueless goldfish's side, then claws at it, jumps in, etc,?

The only edge I can think of for the Goldfish has is that it's probably a more skilled swimmer, & might not tire out from being in water after 3 days. But on the other hand, the rat is probably big enough, smart enough, & having of sharp enough teeth & claws that it might be able to just pursue more smartly than the fish evades, & easily kill once it does catch the fish.

Imaginym said:
But on the other hand, the rat is probably big enough..
Ehm, for the record...

Rat: 15 to 28 cm (body length); 140 to 500 g; stats derived from Norway rat.

Goldfish: 15 to 20 cm; 100 to 300 g (sourced from USGS); an individual that was 15 inches (38 cm) long weighed over 2 lbs (0.9 kg).

Depending on the individual, it's possible for a goldfish to outweigh a rat. A rock dove (pigeon) weigh 238-380 grams, so it's a bit debatable as to whether a rat can overpower a large individual goldfish or not unless we're talking about the ones from Nooderoog.

I can't argue against its intelligence, teeth, and claws, though.

I mean the match in general

what

Haha, this should be fun.

Assuming the mass you stated for each animal is accurate...which I was sceptical about but this exists:

Goldfish can get pretty big, apparently
Goldfish can get pretty big, apparently

So fair game, I guess - I don't really care enough to research how big they grow on average thoroughly so I'll take your word for it.

I think the rat should win, the six inch shore isn't much, but it should be enough room for the rat to stay on the shore, and the rat might eventually be able to get it up on land...maybe.

I vote for the rat.

Also Splinter > Magikarp.

What the heck is that goldfish that's an abomination

Anyway, uh, rat fra, though the Goldfish does the Lateral Line organs, which are things that sense movements in the currents. I think all fish have it, which is weird, cause I don't see anything of the sort in the powers section.

Back