• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
This is Saiyan Saga Goku and Android Saga Yamcha being used, both in-character and the fight takes place in the Budokai tournament arena. Both sides have canonical knowledge of each other, or at least Goku has knowledge of Yamcha up to the end of the Saiyan Saga.

Goku :

Yamcha :

Incon :

From what I'm reading here the basis for Yamcha's tiering is just putting him at the level of Saiyan Saga Goku based off Gero and 19's assessment. It's not clear if they mean with Kaio-Ken amps but they probably just mean Goku alone. In which case Goku and Yamcha are on par in base form but Goku can multiply with Kaio-Ken, is more skilled and has more techniques.

I'm giving it to Goku.

I'm thinking Yamcha takes this.

1. I'm not sure that Gero knew how Kaio-Ken worked, so that factors in to his estimation
2. Yamcha's got more experience, but that doesn't mean much, I guess.
3. Kaio-Ken is gonna tax Goku's body heavily

And, finally, the most important point:

4. Gero believed Yamcha was Goku basically 4 years AFTER the Saiyan Saga. And Gero had Goku's DNA, he knows how he works, and he knows how he acts. He thought that Yamcha was a version of Goku who had done normal Goku amounts of training over the course of several years.

Yamcha loses by default
gokuskully.png

1 shitty statement from Gero means nothing when you have no feats to back it up

We wouldn't need to be having this discussion if King Kai actually taught his techniques to more than one guy.

Goku has just been better than him all around and then having similar power means little.
In- between the Saiyan and Android saga Yamcha has just had some training under King Kai, but that shouldn't be enough for him to compensate with Goku, and since his return to life nothing indicates he has improved in any significant way.

So, out of stats, skill, experience and techniques, Goku should take it.

We wouldn't need to be having this discussion if King Kai actually taught his techniques to more than one guy.
Realistically, even if a hypothetical Yamcha had Kaioken and both him and Goku are exact same in stats both in base and KK amps, Goku would outlast because Saiyan biology makes him extremely durable and because of RPL. Even while weakened, Goku was still able to pull off KK amps to escape from great ape vegeta and make a spirit bomb after. You could just give yamcha the benefit of the doubt and say King kai told him how the kaioken works but Yamcha would really have no way of countering it due to both the power and speed amps it gives unless you have Yamcha create a spirit ball and have it chase Goku around for cheap shots like frieza did with his death saucer but Goku can just counter with afterimage. Like you could give Yamcha knowledge of using solar flare or destructo disc since he probably trained with Krillin and tien on king kai but Goku seen those techniques before and knows how to deal with them.

Like everything yamcha could hypothetically know or can use gets hard countered by Goku because he has the same knowledge and seen those techniques.

I will say Goku will let yamcha power up and Yamcha can take advantage of Goku being a battle junkie and dropping his guard to score hits with spirit ball but Goku takes it after a decent fight.

Last edited:
Back