• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being real this looks like either a one sided stomp with no in-between.

The old Goku vs Superman was Goku had vastly higher ap, but Superman had dura neg so i dont think it being a 20x gap matters

Would clark really use that in character? Like Supes would only really prioritize to minimize collateral damage and stuff but Goku in character would just leave the city anyway for the fight so he really wouldn't prioritize that kind of stuff.

Would clark really use that in character? Like Supes would only really prioritize to minimize collateral damage and stuff but Goku in character would just leave the city anyway for the fight so he really wouldn't prioritize that kind of stuff.
Sba assumptions would prolly allow him to use heat vision on Goku, since it would end it the fight faster and cause as little collateral damage ass possible if he aims it at just Goku

Sba assumptions would prolly allow him to use heat vision on Goku, since it would end it the fight faster and cause as little collateral damage ass possible if he aims it at just Goku
I mean him using heat vision in the fine but I doubt he'd use it in the dura neg way in character. Like Goku actively wanting to take the fight outside of city boarders to prevent civilians casualties might convince Clark to not to. Like if Clark sees this as a competition to test each other strengths rather than an actual superhero fight he wouldn't really opt to use such abilities, like both because he'd probably think it would be disrespectful while wanting to win fair in square.

I mean him using heat vision in the fine but I doubt he'd use it in the dura neg way in character. Like Goku actively wanting to take the fight outside of city boarders to prevent civilians casualties might convince Clark to not to. Like if Clark sees this as a competition to test each other strengths rather than an actual superhero fight he wouldn't really opt to use such abilities, like both because he'd probably think it would be disrespectful while wanting to win fair in square.
since this is SBA Kal will be willing to use Heat vision/Goku will one shot

wait post crisis dosent have dura neg?
meh just swap it with Rebirth Superman, or go back with 2-C and bloodlust Goku

SBA is "In character, but will attempt to win the battle"
"Each character will view their opponents as enemies, who they have to assume wish to cause them severe harm such that losing could have any range of dire consequences. The characters will assume their opponents have not been forced into battle. They are assumed to have decided from free will to fight and are not excused by a just cause, difficult times or otherwise exonerating circumstances. Furthermore, the situation is assumed one where the opponents are not protected by social norms or consequences, such as being a civilian protected by law."

They're still In-Character, Goku holds back against lads who attacked him for no reason in GT and Superman probably would rather not kill Goku
Also can change SBA by just specifying new conditions

this is not how SBA works at all
"Each character will view their opponents as enemies, who they have to assume wish to cause them severe harm such that losing could have any range of dire consequences. The characters will assume their opponents have not been forced into battle. They are assumed to have decided from free will to fight and are not excused by a just cause, difficult times or otherwise exonerating circumstances. Furthermore, the situation is assumed one where the opponents are not protected by social norms or consequences, such as being a civilian protected by law."
they will think each other as enemies that need to be taken care of, that if they dont everything is over, Goku is gonna see Superman like Frieza and Superman is gonna see Goku like darkseid with these assumptions via sba

they will think each other as enemies that need to be taken care of, that if they dont everything is over, Goku is gonna see Superman like Frieza and Superman is gonna see Goku like darkseid with these assumptions via sba
SBA only says they see the opponent as someone who might gravely harm them and only them if they lose. Unless specified by OP they won't see the opponent as some world ending threat.

“such that losing could have any range of dire consequences.” that doesn’t sound like it’s limited to just them getting harmed. Though I’m just commenting to say I’ve always despised that section of SBA with a burning passion and hope that one day it can finally be removed (the whole thing, is what I mean). It’s so goofy and over the top and throws a ton of characters into out of character positions for little reason. Can’t believe it was made because of invisible man vs a dating sim character. And it also lead to the opponent’s automatically knowing where the other one starts for some reason.

I'm pretty sure the "any range" is supposed to be "they might get killed", not "the entire planet will be destroyed", that's really silly.

But yeah, it's sorta weird. I'm at least glad it doesn't arbitrarily add "willing to kill" anymore.

It used to have that too, dang, I can’t believe it somehow used to be worse despite how badly written of a SBA it is.

It says any range, not just to yourself though. If it meant to yourself (the character following it) it would say so.

It used to have that too, dang, I can’t believe it somehow used to be worse despite how badly written of a SBA it is.

It says any range, not just to yourself though. If it meant to yourself (the character following it) it would say so.
By that logic a match between two 10-As would have them both think they're fighting for the fate of the universe

By that logic a match between two 10-As would have them both think they're fighting for the fate of the universe
Yeah, they think so, why is that strange. They don’t need to be actually doing so, they are already being forced to assume crazy stuff anyways. Like other person isn’t being protected by social or criminal norms.

someone post a funny mk vs dc gif of supes smashing some dudes spine apart and go "supes if SBA" so we can all chuckle at it and have a good time
How do you post videos again, I don’t have the mk vs dc one, but I did quickly make one with the injustice super.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back