• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
Saiyan saga Goku

Sanses speed is equalized with kaio-ken X3.

Both in-character fully, but in a fighting mentality.

"Saiyan saga Goku

Sanses speed is equalized with kaio-ken X3."

Why can't it be Goku starts in base and can go Kaio-ken from there if he wants =/

So from the get-go Goku is dying from Stamina Drain instead of using it strategically like he normally does...?

Doesn't Sans just throw a soul-killing attack and teleport Goku infront of it...? The only reason why UI Goku won is because UI allowed Goku to just dodge it every single time.

Sans, in-character, starts with qouting asgores "beatiful day outside" stuff, uses blue magic to throw the enemy to the ground, has soul destroying bones come out from below them, then throws a wall of attacks and blasts at him.

He only start teleporting later on, and whil he will do it if he sees he needs to, goku can flex all of his energy or aoe him before that.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Sans, in-character, starts with qouting asgores "beatiful day outside" stuff, uses blue magic to throw the enemy to the ground, has soul destroying bones come out from below them, then throws a wall of attacks and blasts at him.

He only start teleporting later on, and whil he will do it if he sees he needs to, goku can flex all of his energy or aoe him before that.
He monologued against Frisk because it was personal. Doesn't have a reason to do that here.

And he wouldn't dodge the energy because?

Sans doesn't remember it being personal, and he would ve less bloodlusted, and more talckative here as goku hasn't killed his brother.

Because he doesn't have much to dodge omnidirectional stuff, and goku's aoe can be far larger than what he can dodge.

So is Goku being willing to fight here mean that he's going to go for the kill?

Just a note that Goku will almost never in-character just kill people (Unless it's UI Goku. You're screwed against UI Goku).

Okay, but just saying that in-character, neither Sans nor Goku would try to kill eachother.

Goku likely wins as his Ki Sensing is unable to sense things that are not alive (Sans is a skeleton. He doesn't have Life Energy). So he throws out a "testing" amount of energy and unless Sans can detect air manipulation, he gets blown open like a pinata. To which Goku would try to revive Sans with the Dragon Balls later since it was an accident.

Akreious said:
Okay, but just saying that in-character, neither Sans nor Goku would try to kill eachother.

Goku likely wins as his Ki Sensing is unable to sense things that are not alive (Sans is a skeleton. He doesn't have Life Energy). So he throws out a "testing" amount of energy and unless Sans can detect air manipulation, he gets blown open like a pinata. To which Goku would try to revive Sans with the Dragon Balls later since it was an accident.
Would Goku throw out building leveling power while testing something?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
In-character but won't hesitate to kill. They employ their normal tactics.
Sans remembered Frisk killed their brother. I'd say that makes it personal.

Employing normal tactics means Sans throws him down and impales him with soul-killing bones.

Yeah. And when you don't do that he is nowhere near as serious.

Or he just flies due to having far better lifting strenght, or destroys the bones, or just jumps towards sans toa attack right away.

That's gotta be at least three times you pull "Sans starts by monologuing" in a Sans match, Ricsi. That was before any fighting was even done. If he knows Goku's gonna attack immediately as soon as the battle starts he won't just stand around and talk while getting subatomized.

But he does not know that? Especially as that would be wrong here? Goku is just as likely to have a small banter at the start of the fight.

"He does not know that"? It's a goddamn fight my dude. It's not a fight where they have context leading up to the fight or anything. They just fight and that's it.

@Dragon If he's actually put in a fight, he would definitively just go for the kill.

He doesn't just kill someone without even talking to them. Sure, frisk is a rather different thing due to their immortality and his promise, but I specified that its in-character exactly for this.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
"He does not know that"? It's a goddamn fight my dude. It's not a fight where they have context leading up to the fight or anything. They just fight and that's it.

@Dragon If he's actually put in a fight, he would definitively just go for the kill.
Exept goku would start by saying something, and I highly doubt sans would ignore that.

Ricsi, as I've already said, this is a fight. Both characters are in a situation where they want to win, not waste time talking. You're honestly the only one I've consistently seen pushing for "But Sans talks before the fight so he loses".

First of all, I have not claimed he loses.

Second of all, I honest to god don't remember one time goku has not talked in a fight, or tried to. Sans will respond, they are not bloodlusted and desparate to win by any means, so they won't have problems wastong thpse few minutes to know who is actually the guy they are fighting.

You don't seem to realize that only like, 15% of all characters on this Wiki would just attack with no leading up dialogue in regular circumstances. But this isn't regular circumstances. These characters are just randomly put together to fight. We've never done this for any characters (excluding characters who would just banter around when fighting) and won't do it for Sans or Goku because you think real hard we should.

Exept those fight actually change their mentalities to some extent, this one specificly does not.

Also, stuff like gloating is brought up as a possible reason to lose all the time.

"In a fighting mentality" is still changing their character slightly. There are absolutely no circumstances where these two characters would just casually start a fight with another. So there are no circumstances leading up to this moment. You're still just putting them in a fight and telling them to kill the other And in these circumstances, neither would just stop and have a chat before fighting. They're just going to go straight to the fighting.

Gloating happens during the fight. The character doesn't just starts going on a tengent instead of fighting due to some random reasons like here.

I also repeat that Sans didn't start talking randomly in the middle of a fight. The fight wasn't even started yet and Sans still drew the first blood in the fight, so it's not like Sans would just politely wait around to be killed. If Goku starts fighting Sans will also just attack.

That is still false. Goku talks all the time while in a fighting mentality, and sans isn't a bloodlusted hound that will attack right away while ignoring that. He can prepare a sneak attack like he does when he attacks you mid-sentence, but not completly ignore it.

Exept the amount of characters who do indeed gloat and stop fighting during it is also high..

He does talk in the middle of the fight tecnically, and being in a fighting mentality doesn't mean the fight starts instantly. Unless you think he wasn't in a fighting mentality while telling frisk to not step forward?

Doesn't mean he will just stand there and waste time talking instead of fighting. This isn't a regular in-verse fight, this is a VS Fight. To be blunt they have no reason to talk to another right now.

They still don't do anything else than fighting when the fight begins. There is also a difference between arrogance and gloating being present to the point of being a weakness and a character simply speaking to his opponent before the fight begins.

He was warning Frisk to not come closer or he'll be forced to fight. When the fight did start he attacked first, he didn't just wait around while Frisk tried to attack him.

Also you've been arguing that Goku just AoE of flexes and kill Sans, despite the fact that you're the OP. I'm not sure what you're even trying to pull.

Exept them being in-character. It is specificly pointed out in the OP that they are, in-fact, in-caracter. The mentality they have during a fight, but still in-caracter.

The fact that you like to talk with, and compliment your oponents doesn't get removed in this fight. The only reason it would be is sba, and I can wholesomly ignore it for all that matters. They both act like they would actually act like.

I didn't do that either. I said he can do that. It's ass Ooc as it gets, but he can. Need I explain the reason for givi g a scenario where they both can win?

Back