• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku vs Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of his items are way above wall level, which is what lava is apparently, and you're discussing an incredibly unlikely scenario. Like what are the odds that Goku and Link would just be fighting near a volcano.

I'm familiar with what lava is one. There's a whole thread about its AP. You do realize that tanking the SUN'S heat is tier 8, right? Two, flying to a volcano is something that Goku would never do and would probably get him killed in the process as Link would be able to stab, Dins Fire, or reality him to next week in the meantime. Three, with all due respect, check his profile to see why his items are that strong. Why are Goku's ki blasts that strong. I could just check the profile to find out

I have and nothing stats Link's items durability and no Goku only needs to grab his hands to stop all that or use the Kaioken and break them then he would stand no chance. Goku only needs to use the Solar Flare to stun him then grab his hands.

A). This volcano thing will do jack towards Link since the guy has been in volcanoes before and has done quite fine (Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess). Also, can't Link manipulate fire? (i might be unsure on this one)

B). Again, Mirror Shield. Plus, Link doesn't need to get close to him if he's leaving himself open. He can just snipe the guy with a Light Arrow or freeze time with the Phantom Hourglass.

Uh...........Link has ear rings that prevent himself from volcano heat.....Skyward Sword has this. Even then, none of his items melted when he went into the Goron Mines or Eldin's Volcano.

I have the distinct feeling that this guys is trolling because of the neverending mispellings and arguing in circles over basic things.

Zeldasmash said:
Uh...........Link has earings that prevent himself from volcano heat.....Skyward Sword has this. Even then, none of his items melted when he went into the Goron Mines or Eldin's Volcano.
His items not melting is the same PIS as him geting hit by fire breath and his clothes not burning in Ocarina of Time his clothes where made of the same as everyone else's in his village cloth or leaves I don't remember which one.

Assuming Link doesn't just Mirror Shield the light away or use an AOE attack like Din's Fire. And again, even if it would work, which it wouldn't, Goku would never think of doing that. You were better off thinking Goku would throw him into space. Goku's not going to grab the hands of a guy with a sword and shield in his hands. Not because it's not in character, but because he'd likely lose his own hands in the process.

The planet level ranking comes from Link not accidentally destroying the items with his planet level force. Possibly. Also Kaioken is countered with Link having items that do the same thing.

All right. Equalization cannot be unconditionally effective. You have beings whose speed are omnipresent or irrelvant by default, and are beyond the concept of all limited speed and distance.

Another thing is that Goku vs Link. Because speed is equal, neither should be able to outspeed the other.

Dekoshu said:
All right. Equalization cannot be unconditionally effective. You have beings whose speed are omnipresent or irrelvant by default, and are beyond the concept of all limited speed and distance.

Another thing is that Goku vs Link. Because speed is equal, neither should be able to outspeed the other.
You're completely right. Neither should be able to out speed the other.

The real cal howard said:
Assuming Link doesn't just mirror shield the light away or use an AOE attack like Dins Fire. And again, even if it would work, which it wouldn't, Goku would never think of doing that. You were better off thinking Goku would throw him into space. Goku's not going to grab the hands of a guy with a sword and shield in his hands. Not because it's not in character, but because he'd likely lose his own hands in the process.
The planet level ranking comes from Link not accidentally destroying the items with his planet level force. Possibly. Also Kaioken is countered with Link having items that do the same thing.
no that is not how light works it gose in all dreshens if he was looking at goku it would hit him

The real cal howard said:
Dekoshu said:

You're completely right. Neither should be able to out speed the other.
yes that dose not mean he cant stun him

So are people just ignoring his ability to time top and slow down time for others? As long as speed is equalized Goku can't take this.

Hiyami said:
So are people just ignoring his ability to time top and slow down time for others? As long as speed is equalized Goku can't take this.

With speed equalized it would mean Link would slow down too.

Darkmon cns said:
Hiyami said:
with speed eqwlised it would mena link would slow down too
It also means Goku wouldn't be able to catch him instantly. So time gets slowed and stopped leaving Goku defenseless and therefore losing this fight.

Hiyami said:
I've actually brought this up, but this fella refuses to accept it and using his own flawed logic to give this fight to Goku.

Zeldasmash said:
Hiyami said:
I've actually brought this up, but this fella refuses to accept it and using his own flawed logic to give this fight to Goku.
That's all his logic is, flawed.

Zeldasmash said:
Hiyami said:
what that he need too fine it in his bag yes he dose goku would not just be siting there leting him

Hiyami said:
Zeldasmash said:
Hiyami said:
how?

Darkmon cns said:
Hiyami said:
Zeldasmash said:
Hiyami said:
how?
DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT TIME STOP MEANS?, Time is completely stopped for Goku. That's the end. He can't move he can't even blink. You can't just saw "Well goku will not just sit there and let him" Theres nothing Goku can do about it. If he had the speed to blitz him maybe, but in this match up speed is equalized.

what that he need too fine it in his bag yes he does Goku would not just be siting there letting him.
</div>

Thing is, knowing Goku, and most shounen, he probably would let him use the ocarina lol.

This is going no where. Are we going to pointlessly let it flow or does this thread have to be forcefully closed?! We don't have a million years to do this. The back and forth, and yet another infuriating thread, and yet no votes, and whether or not who draws or who loses or wins, there aren't many choices in this match.

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT TIME STOP MEANS?, Time is completely stopped for Goku. That's the end. He can't move he can't even blink. You can't just saw "Well goku will not just sit there and let him" Theres nothing Goku can do about it. If he had the speed to blitz him maybe, but in this match up speed is equalized.

No he just needs to use the Solar Flare stun him and then attack him with Kaioken it would only take one hit he has planet level durability so did Nappa, yet Goku one shot him.

Thing is, knowing Goku, and most shounen, he probably would let him use the ocarina lol. </div>

No, he would not just stand there and let him play a musical instrument.

I think almost everyone can agree that Link wins this match with speed equalized. Can we post this as a victory on his page?

Darkmon cns said:
no he just needs too use the solerflere stun him and then atake him with keoken it would onlt take one hit he has panit level durbulity so did nappa goku one shot him
Correct your spelling, I can't understand what you are trying to say. Link will phase right through anything Goku shoots at him with magic cape not to mention it also makes him invisible, and even then it won't get to that point because time will already be stopped and all Link has to do is play the inverted song of time while it is currently stopped and time will be permenantly slowed down to 1/3rd for Goku, And by then Link wouldn't even need it because there will be nothing Goku can do. Naryus Love + Chateu romani milk Link becomes invincible for 6 days....and with the magic armor....and mirror shield nothing can really touch Link at this level Goku.

Zeldasmash said:
I think almost everyone can agree that Link wins this match with speed equalized. Can we post on his page?

Why can't Goku use the Solar Flare to stun Link do not say Mirror Shield it is going in all directions.

Hiyami said:
Darkmon cns said:
no he just needs too use the solerflere stun him and then atake him with keoken it would onlt take one hit he has panit level durbulity so did nappa goku one shot him
Correct your spelling, I can't understand what you are trying to say. Link will phase right through anything Goku shoots at him with magic cape not to mention it also makes him invisible, and even then it won't get to that point because time will already be stopped and all Link has to do is play the inverted song of time while it is currently stopped and time will be permenantly slowed down to 1/3rd for Goku, And by then Link wouldn't even need it because there will be nothing Goku can do. Naryus Love + Chateu romani milk Link becomes invincible for 6 days....and with the magic armor....and mirror shield nothing can really touch Link at this level Goku.
He still needs too stop and grab all of of that out of his bag the Mirror Shield would not defend against the Solar Flare becuse it is going in all directions and not just at the shield.

I would recommend not putting it on Goku's, to be honest, seeing as it's using a version of him considerably weaker than his prime/current incarnation. It would probably just lead to confusion and upset, and the majority of Goku's numerous stat blocks would wreck any Link.

For the record, I say Link would probably still take this were speed not equalized: remember, Goku, in-character, loves a challenge/fighting foes at their best, he'd almost assuredly let Link complete a song to "power up". Additionally, while Link is honorable, he's also pragmatic and his entire fighting style is based on analyzing/exploiting weaknesses, and if all else fails the Phantom Hourglass would give him sufficient time to complete it before he gets blitzed enough to die. Even assuming that happens, Link will just get up a few seconds later and repeat the process.

ThePerpetual said:
I would recommend not putting it on Goku's, to be honest, seeing as it's using a version of him considerably weaker than his prime/current incarnation. It would probably just lead to confusion and upset, and the majority of Goku's numerous stat blocks would wreck any Link.
For the record, I say Link would probably still take this were speed not equalized: remember, Goku, in-character, loves a challenge/fighting foes at their best, he'd almost assuredly let Link complete a song to "power up". Additionally, while Link is honorable, he's also pragmatic and his entire fighting style is based on analyzing/exploiting weaknesses, and if all else fails the Phantom Hourglass would give him sufficient time to complete it before he gets blitzed enough to die. Even assuming that happens, Link will just get up a few seconds later and repeat the process.
All of this, plus more is why Link wins. Goku is someone who loves fighting everyone at their absolute best but at this point in the series (Saiyan Saga), he just doesn't have an answer to most of Link's hax.

Saiyan Saga Goku speed equalized = Link stomps

Saiyan Saga Goku speed unequalized = Link wins with difficulty.

So you have fighters who have been pragmatic before. So...with ThePerpetual's word and the speed rule, Link wins is what the majority are trying to say.

Zeldasmash said:
ThePerpetual said:
All of this, plus more is why Link wins. Goku is someone who loves fighting everyone at their absolute best but at this point in the series (Saiyan Saga), he just doesn't have an answer to most of Link's hax.
Saiyan Saga Goku speed equalized = Link stomps

Saiyan Saga Goku speed unequalized = Link wins with difficulty.
This this and more this.

Dekoshu said:
So you have fighters who have been pragmatic before. So...with ThePerpetual's word and the speed rule, Link wins is what the majority are trying to say.
Goku doesn't have anything that Link can't counter besides speed but that doesn't matter considering it's equalized here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back