• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku vs Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
and too realistically get eney thing out of his back pak he would need too open it and grave it which goku would not let him do.

Another thing about the spirit bomb that I forgot to mention is that the power of Goku's spirit bomb is only limited by the amount of time he takes charging it, so if worse comes to worse, Goku could fly high out of Link's reach and charge the bomb with enough power to easily bypass Link's durability, unless someone can think of a way that Link could reach Goku.

And personally I think that this is a massively unfair match-up, if one character has much more hax than the other, then taking away an advantage that could give one person a victory is wrong

If Goku is charging either the Kamehameha or the Spirit Bomb in the air (or anywhere really), Link can just:

a). Mirror Shield to reflect them back.

b). Magic Armor to protect himself.

c). Abosrb them with Mirror Shield.

d). Use the Phantom Hourglass to freeze time.

e). Go back in time with Ocarina.

f). Use the Magic Cape to make himself intagible.

g). Teleport himself next to Goku and impale him with the Master Sword.

h). Summon the Triforce.

The Triforce isn't as strong as the creators of it, but it can grant any and all wish the holder wants, at least when it comes to the main characters. Link is the main character of Zelda. Put two and two together.

a). Goku has to go through the Master Sheild which is indestructible. Wind Waker Magic Armor is damn near instantaneous and Link won't recieve any damage and immediately proceeds to put on the Magic Cape.

b). Midna can teleport Link to wherever he wants (though it's only through twili portals so i don't know if that applies here).

c). Link has some CQC of his own you know. Twilight Princess kinda proved that. The moment Goku leaves himself open, he can either use Helm Splitter or use Mortal Draw on Goku, which does severe damage if you played Twilight Princess.

No matter how you spin it, Link counters everything Saiyan Saga Goku has at his disposal through hax.

no he needs too get it out of his bag and the sheild may be indestructible ( and i whant evidens for that) but it is not inmoveibull he can grave it and throw it

Darkmon cns said:
no he needs too get it out of his bag and the sheild may be indestructible ( and i whant evidens for that)
Please..............go play a Zelda game. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. What's the point of debating Zelda with someone who has never played any Zelda game from the looks of it?

no use your common sense he geting his stuff out of his inventory so fast is a game mechanic and you ignore the rest of my comment.

Since when does link store everything in a backpack? I usually see art of him with ocarina, bow, shield, sword, bomb satchel. etc all visible on his outfit. Anyway, all he really needs is to have the ghost cape at the ready and he has all the time for prep he needs right there, even discounting the other time manipulation / barrier devices at his disposal.

Trying to claim that link won't be able to pull out any specific item is pointless since with speeds equalized goku can't blitz him or anything like that and he has no other way to close the gap on link if he decides to so much as run backwards while reaching for items, let alone all his other hax that would enable him time to get an item out.

link needs both hand too play it and he dose so with his eyes closeed and it would still be hand too hand cambat distins at that pinet

Link runs and hides and uses items and strategy in literally every boss fight he's ever been in in any game. Goku would definatley be the same level threat in his eyes as at least a generic boss-type enemy, he wouldn't just run in casually swinging his sword at Goku like he was chopping down a random worthless fodder enemy.

Darkmon cns said:
Does Goku look like a boss? No, he looks like a human.
What do you call Ganondorf then? What about Puppet Zelda?

Just face it, buddy. In every department in this fight, Link counters Goku. With speed equalized, Link doesn't need to worry about blitzing which is the main thing Goku has against him. Goku has no answer to the Triforce (Reality Warping or being wished out of existence) or Time Manipulation and even if Goku does kill Link, he can come back to life with the fairies, which bring Link back to life instantaneously. Link can reflect every Ki attack back at Goku with Mirror Shield and if he uses Kamehameha or Spirit Bomb, he's just leaving himself open for a Light Arrow to the face or giving Link time to manipulate/freeze time or use the Triforce, things that Goku has zero answer to.

Speed equalized, Link damn near stomps.

Cropfist said:
Last one doesn't count anymore because of the new speedstomp rule so here we go.

Goku (Saiyan Saga) vs Link (Composite)

All speeds are equalized.
As OP stated, all speeds are equalized, so it doesn't matter, @Wukong.

I also noticed about Link's speed based on "Massively Hypersonic+ (Fought and killed Demise who is immensely superior to Onox) with Sub-Relativistic reactions and combat speed (Can steer and fully control himself even while his speed is enhanced by the Bunny Hood/Pegasus Boots)", compared to Goku's Sub-Relativistic+ in Base form and Relativistic via the Kaioken. Plus, the Kaioken increases his stats in a "heart beat", don't it? Link is "at least Planet level" from his Attack Potency, Striking Strength, and Durability while Goku's are Planet level (supperior to Vegeta via Kaioken x3). Link is good at solving puzzles, but I wonder how it compares to Goku's combat smarts? That one that surely got me puzzled. And since Link is using weapons (i.e., bombs, arrows, Master Sword, etc.), can Goku also use his Nyoibo in that fight? I'm gonna recheck, and btw, I played the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (kinda stuck on Majora's Mask while I passed the whole Ocarina of Time already before).

SunWukong1986 said:
I also noticed about Link's speed based on "Massively Hypersonic+ (Fought and killed Demise who is immensely superior to Onox) with Sub-Relativistic reactions and combat speed (Can steer and fully control himself even while his speed is enhanced by the Bunny Hood/Pegasus Boots)", compared to Goku's Sub-Relativistic+ in Base form and Relativistic via the Kaioken. Plus, the Kaioken increases his stats in a "heart beat", don't it? Link is "at least Planet level" from his Attack Potency, Striking Strength, and Durability while Goku's are Planet level (supperior to Vegeta via Kaioken x3). Link is good at solving puzzles, but I wonder how it compares to Goku's combat smarts? That one that surely got me puzzled. And since Link is using weapons (i.e., bombs, arrows, Master Sword, etc.), can Goku also use his Nyoibo in that fight? I'm gonna recheck, and btw, I played the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (kinda stuck on Majora's Mask while I passed the whole Ocarina of Time already before).
All speeds are equalized. Combat movement, travel, reaction times, all of it.

The real cal howard said:
Cropfist said:
Last one doesn't count anymore because of the new speedstomp rule so here we go.

Goku (Saiyan Saga) vs Link (Composite)

All speeds are equalized.
As OP stated, all speeds are equalized, so it doesn't matter, @Wukong.
O...kay. ^^; I mean, it's just that... from how I saw Goku makes his move, he fights a lot quicker than how he travels at high speeds. I find it a bit odd for an individual statistics to be equalized. I don't know. That got my head scratching and myself wondering about the match-up. Especially when pitting a swordsman with deep pockets against an alien who practices martial arts. I'm gonna look up the differences in their capabilities.

Thesworddancer said:
SunWukong1986 said:
All speeds are equalized. Combat movement, travel, reaction times, all of it.
And I think I got the memo, Thesworddancer. I mean I did read them before posting these. Just making sure about all the stats.

Wait! You said their speed is equalized, right? As in normally? And I forgot to realize that Goku can also deflect energy blasts in some occasions unlike Link with the use of his sword and shield. He just basically swats them away.

Even if speed is equalized, Link can use the phantom hourglass to Timestop for 7 seconds multiple times, and then use the inverted song of time to permenantly slow time down to 1/3rd of time for everyone but himself, and with the time this slow he can use the chateu romani milk and nayrus love to become invincible for 6 days, and with the magic cape he becomes intangible and invisible.....and to top it all off...magic armor and mirror shield for the ultimate defense....Yeah Goku is pretty ****** here. Link gets my vote.

Grave? Amere? Do you mean something else? Like grab?

Anyway, volcano, even if Goku gets the chance, is laughable to tier 5 beings.

If this argument has devolved to inconsistency in fiction and "lol that's what I think someone should be because gameplay/low-ends and such", I can close this whenever. Or do I need to remind everyone of the time Goku got hurt by a rock and later a ray gun? How about all of the times that say, Mario can survive getting flattened or thrown into black holes, yet lava easily does him in? What about every fantasy RPG ever where you fight bandits, and every single one can inexplicitly hit as hard as a country-nukeing dragon can in-gameplay?

Based on what? Game mechanics? Plot . If you have issue with our rating feel free to make a content revision thread about it. Otherwise this is based solely on opinion and thus, meaningless as well as derailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back