• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Goku does have the AP advantage IIRC but yeah Mew has a hax advantage. Although Goku could spam ki blasts

Goku coooould but specific moves sort of make it not too much of a factor like teleport or confusion probably.

I recall Mewtwo spamming his haxes and such (Mind Wrecking a bunch of scrubs in the movies) but I don't think Mew, In character, ever actually used it to the extent Mewtwo did?

As for AP...

Mew is equal to Mewtwo who is superior to Deoxys who scales to Mega Rayquaza(?) who has an AP of either 1.757x10^33 joules or 6.224x10^32 joules

Saiyan Saga Goku (KKx4) is superior to Vegeta who's equal to Goku (KKx3) who's at least 3x stronger than base Goku who is superior to Nappa who stomps Raditz who stomps both Goku and Piccolo together of which Piccolo himself can perform a 2.9161038e+32 Joules feat with an uncharged blast.

Charged Ki Blasts in Dragon Ball are superior to uncharged ones which is why I noted the uncharged bit :p

So for pure numbers, the AP that Mew scales to is only 2.13435475102x stronger than Piccolo's uncharged ki blast.

Just with KK multipliers, Goku has the AP advantage ignoring the scaling chain and any power boosts he might have gained.

Alright so, Is Mew able to turn things into stone like he and mewtwo did ash? Or does he specifcally need Mewtwo to do such a feat? Either way I feel like confusion is gonna do quiet the damage on Goku if Mew is able to land it, along with put him to sleep. If I'm right Mew has every Pokemon move, correct?

While I don't know much about Goku, Mew should still take this. Mew has far superior had than Goku.

If bloodlusted, Mew could just mindwipe Goku and while he's confused, take him out with Genesis Supernova (and weaker moved of need be).

If in character, Mew can use teleportation much more casually then Goku can, and could easily still take the win. Goku may have the AP advantage, however Mew could erase that gap due to his hax.

Are his thought based hax even useful? Mindhax is but Mew doesn't lead with it. Confusion comes from the move confusion which isn't thought based and Mew also doesn't lead with

That's one of the main reasons why we're asking, yes. If Mew doesn't lead/use it often enough then Goku can very much easily KO or even Kill Mew before they have a chance to use any of their hax especially since Goku has a very hefty AP advantage with a scaling chain that has people 1-shotting people prior.

ShockingPsychic said:
While I don't know much about Goku, Mew should still take this. Mew has far superior had than Goku.
If bloodlusted, Mew could just mindwipe Goku and while he's confused, take him out with Genesis Supernova (and weaker moved of need be).

If in character, Mew can use teleportation much more casually then Goku can, and could easily still take the win. Goku may have the AP advantage, however Mew could erase that gap due to his hax.
So I think people are going Mew FRA for this post.

Let's dissect this.

No idea what the "Mew has far superior had than Goku" means. Probably hax in place of had, in which case there still isn't the point being raised that we have yet to see Mew spam said haxes like Mewtwo does. At least doesn't open with it nor really overly use it on opponents.

The OP doesn't specify bloodlust, so 2nd paragraph is just academic if anything.

Mew can use teleportation, yes. Much more casually than Goku, sort of. Becomes a detriment if the Opponent (Especially someone like Goku) begins to pick up on your teleport patterns, in which case just don't.

Goku has the AP advantage enough to end Mew in just a few blows. He can stomp Nappa into the ground, who can 1-shot Raditz who can stomp Piccolo and Goku at the same time; Piccolo alone whom with an uncharged blast is only half the strength of the attack Mew scales from.

Question still is, when has Mew abused their hax against an opponent like Mewtwo. We know Mew teleports a lot and fought Mewtwo but other than that, I still want a citation on Mew using hax on an opponent in a battle. Unlike Mewtwo who was out for blood, Mew seems to have morals against using such methods against opponents. Sort of the whole deal with Mew fighting Mewtwo.

Goku's scaling chain doesn't top 420 ZT so...yeah. Mew holds like, every advantage here. Mew doesn't hax like Mewtwo, no, but it holds a ton of advantages.

AP/dura: Scales higher. Nuff said.

Experience: Millions of years of experience trumps 22 years of experience. Plus martial arts experience isn't the most helpful against a psychic cat, while the ancestor of all Pokémon has definitely encountered Machamps.

Versatility: Mew's got access to every Pokémon move (barring the god's moves), but it's more likely to use its natural move set, which even then is more versatile than Goku's moveset.

Goku can beat Mew to death if he gets a hold of it, making this not a stomp, but Mew shouldn't have much trouble winning here.

If Goku can physically catch Mew and start wailing non-stop on it, then yea, he can still win, technically. But more often than not, Goku's getting clapped up by hax.

Oh yeah forgot the 420 ZT calc.

Mew's page really sucks tbh. Lacks a lot of reasoning other than the bare essentials, making us go on the Profile-hopping AP Hunt to find out their true AP.

Same with intelligence. How does learning HM and TMs translate to stuff like battle smarts, critical thinking, Spatial Awareness, instinctual thinking, stuff that would matter in a battle.

Anyways, no. It's a stomp Cal. If Mew scales higher than Goku then Goku flat out cannot win.

"Goku can beat Mew to death if he gets a hold of it, making this not a stomp, but Mew shouldn't have much trouble winning here."

My whole point of Goku winning is that he ends Mew in a few blows. If Mew scales higher then that goes straight out the window and will just end in Mew teleporting around Goku until they inevitably use a hax or just smack Goku hard enough.

Mew being a Teleport Spammer basically nulls Goku just wailing on Mew here.

The real cal howard said:
Goku's scaling chain doesn't top 420 ZT so...yeah. Mew holds like, every advantage here. Mew doesn't hax like Mewtwo, no, but it holds a ton of advantages.

AP/dura: Scales higher. Nuff said.

Experience: Millions of years of experience trumps 22 years of experience. Plus martial arts experience isn't the most helpful against a psychic cat, while the ancestor of all Pokémon has definitely encountered Machamps.

Versatility: Mew's got access to every Pokémon move (barring the god's moves), but it's more likely to use its natural move set, which even then is more versatile than Goku's moveset.

Goku can beat Mew to death if he gets a hold of it, making this not a stomp, but Mew shouldn't have much trouble winning here.
Doesn't this contradict everything else you said in that message?

^ Yeah exactly that. Even if Goku gets a grip on Mew, Mew can teleport out or simply smack Goku back even harder.

"The point was that it's possible to punch out someone stronger than you but then again, Mew's got healing..."

If they let you, sure. But Mew can just as easily just fight back, teleport out, and hax out.

So yeah. It's a stomp FRA as Goku has no win condition other than Mew just sitting there letting Goku wail on them.

The real cal howard said:
The point was that it's possible to punch out someone stronger than you but then again, Mew's got healing...

I'll just...stay out of this lol
You did good, Cal.

Don't worry bout it.

I mean, you went from saying that Mew has every advantage, is physically stronger, millions of times more experienced, has the versatility advantage by a ton, and then say Goku can beat Mew to death if he has a hold of it. Not to mention that's basically impossible as Mew spams Teleport. I still think this is a stomp, why do people keep making matches where it's AP vs Hax?

DragonEmperor23 said:
I mean, you went from saying that Mew has every advantage, is physically stronger, millions of times more experienced, has the versatility advantage by a ton, and then say Goku can beat Mew to death if he has a hold of it. Not to mention that's basically impossible as Mew spams Teleport. I still think this is a stomp, why do people keep making matches where it's AP vs Hax?
I think the problems start coming when it comes down to whether or not the side with the AP advantage has resistances to hax / special abilities or not.

Many reasons, DragonEmperor.

To pad the victories of haxxy characters by putting them up against haxless higher-AP characters and saying the Higher AP character can 1-shot therefore it's not a stomp

They simply didn't care to look at the abilities and instead immediately looked at AP (Not their fault since these people are usually new)

Sometimes it can make for legitimate debate (A very haxxy character that somewhat leads with Hax vs a character that is almost naturally bloodlusted and can 1-shot)

To name a few.

@DM. I agree with you that this is one sided now, but I was just saying Goku had a wincon. Say if Mew did literally nothing but Mega Punch, Goku could win.

Also Mew's not that hax (If you don't count the "every move" thing). Especially compared to its clone. Petrification is the only one to fear as the rest barring the chance based mind hax in Confusion aren't in character. You could count invisibility as a problem too due to Lucario having trouble finding it even with its sensing.

Back