• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku and Frieza Play Tic-Tac-Toe (Grace)

Finally, Goku comes face to face with Frieza, the man who orphaned him and destroyed his home planet. The man behind the slaughter of the Namekians. The man who threatened to kill his friends.
...But Goku really doesn't feel like fighting today. Instead of challenging him to a fight, Goku challenges Frieza to a game of Tic-Tac-Toe. If Goku wins, Frieza has to leave the planet. If Frieza wins, he gets to keep the Dragon Balls for himself.

The Rules: They play to 3 matches, best of 3 wins overall. The first turn of each game is decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors. Neither character can physically (or telekinetically in Frieza's case) interfere with the other, but they can talk to each other (which opens up the possibility for mindgames).
Namek Saga base Goku vs Final Form Namek Saga Frieza, for what that's worth.

Goku wins: 7 (Gilad_Hyperstar, Lord jjj, The_Impress, Green1W, sanicspood, FluffyCreatureZ, GlaceonGamez471)
Frieza wins: 1 (Orange)
Tic-Tac-Toe always ends in a tie:

Last edited:
In hindsight putting this in Versus Threads and not Fun and Games was probably a bad idea, lol

I mean you can like, make matches like this in Versus Threads. Promestein actually added matches like these on profiles.

So like, yes, these are legit matches kek

I mean you can like, make matches like this in Versus Threads. Promestein actually added matches like these on profiles.

So like, yes, these are legit matches kek
They are? Huh. Didn't knew matches like that are also ok

If so, then Frieza is definitely smarter, but his extreme arrogance might casue him to make mistakes, which could give Goku an opening

Goku also isn't a complete moron. He's very skilled in fighting, and know when to spot openings and can get serious in some cases (Yes I know they aren't fighting but give Goku some credit)

That said, Tic Tac Toe is an Earth game like Rock-Paper-and-Scissors, so Frieza might lack knowledge on the game which would allow Goku to maybe pull a win on the first game.

Goku also isn't that likely to fall into Frieza's mind games like how Vegeta falls into them, at least not in this scenario.

Second and Third matches are a lot less conclusive

Goku isn't stupid, he's a genius in combat and is average in academics but frieza is just smarter, IDK really know how to score this match so I vote freeza.

I mean... do we presume Frieza knows tic tac toe? Rock papper scissors exists outside the universe

I think it's a simple enough game that he should at the least be able to pick up on it quickly. Plus even if he doesn't, Goku will probably explain the game to him before they start to make it more fair. That seems in character for him.

Tic Tac Toe isn't the kind of game that you nees a big brain to won, you can be just good at it with average intelegence
Neither Goku nor Frieza had even play that game so I will assume that neither of him have a exprience in it

I can see that in the Frieza will see an advantage in him starting bu putting his 'X' in the middle, while that move will give you a more chances to get a won, it will also make your move more readable, with that be thier first time playing Tic Tac Toe they wouldn't think about the fact that they can do some good tricks from fisrt. I beileve the fisrt match would end as a Draw

The second match is more debatable won it can go in multiple ways but for me the more likely way for that to end will be Draw because seriously anyone play Tic Tac Toe before would now how much likely getting a Draw is
more likely think to get

The Third match verdic will depense in the verdic of the peviour one :

-If Frieza won the second match, he probably will get Cocky and Goku will get the chance from that and won and at end Goku and Frieza fated Tic Tac Toe match will end as Draw. Goku will smile and will made a joke about how that would end as a draw and Frieza will get angry and curse that monkey and try to throw a death beam but Goku reflect it, it seems they gonna end that in the old way

-If Goku won the second mach, Frieza will get so angery, how is gonna to lose again a monkey and ge forced to go away from the Planet and he cannot just murder that monkey. Frieza's anger and ego will makes him unable to focus in the Tic Tac Toe match, which will make Frieza lose agaim, that lose will only make Frieza more angery, he want so much end that monkey life but he cannot, when an unknown force make Frieza return to his ship and leave the Planet. Goku will be happy to finnaly finish malice even though he want to get his chance fighting Frieza

-If the Second match end a draw, They both draw twice! so they will be far more serious in that last match will decide everything! But Frieza feel that the possibility for another draw is big and he should finish that now, so Frieza will cheat, with in it own will make two possibilites, Goku notice Frieza cheating and Frieza lose becuase he didn't play under rules and something saimilar to the peviour senario here when an unknown force will make Frieza leave the planet.

But what if Goku didn't notice Frieza cheat! surely that would end as a won for Frieza. That time that unknown force will make Goku unable to move while Frieza will get the namekian Dragon Ball for himself, maybe Frieza (if he can) will lanch a death beam to Goku but wouldn't kill but he will swear to come back to finish him later, Goku say sorry to his friends for his lose but Krillin tell Goku that shouldn't worry as Frieza don't know how to use the balls at that Time Kami had summom Shenron in earth and wish from him to revive all those that killed in namek and getting them to earth (yes he did that by one wish don't ask how). The warrior of earth now should train hard because when Frieza sense that the Balls don't work he will come to earth (sadly Yamcha, Tien and Chaozu will say died in that senario)

Anyway, in result
Goku possibility to won is : 50%
Frieza possibility to won is : 25%
The possibility for a draw is : 25%

My vote is for Goku
After writing that I wish if someone made a video in Youtube about "what if Goku and Frieza play Tic Tac Toe rather than fighting in Namek"

I vote for frieza
Actually frieza is very cuming and would use goku's innocent personality against him
He would chose O to make himself look inferior and would place it on the first line, second square, thus goku would get a bit confused so goku would put X in the middle.
Then frieza will throw some insults at goku, goku would either ignore them or try to say something like you shouldn't say things like this and whatnot.
Frieza will act like he is angry and shout more insult to appear less confident, thus creating a trap which goku would fall for, giving frieze the win

.....I think?

Well, there go any of my hopes for this to be added. And I was so happy it was getting attention too. :/

Back