• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla: The Series calc and stat change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated the article, but the article also reminded me of the Tachyon laser cannon feat.

The simplified version of my warm front calc doesn't take into account time frame like my more in-depth calc does (warm front was created in a second or less and the beam clash lasted 20 seconds). If I update the calc to take that into account, that would give an energy output of Large Island Level (borderline Country Level) to solid Country Level for the atomic breath's energy output, and Zilla Jr. survived 12 simultaneous laser cannon blasts stronger than his atomic breath.

That would make his tier at "at least Country Level" if I update the calc, no?

Are you using convection/radiation again? If so, no.

I have no clue what the Tachyon laser is.

No, I'm talking about the other calculation you just approved that doesn't use radiation or convection.

The laser cannon feat is another feat mentioned in the profile that involves him surviving a barrage of lasers stronger than his atomic breath.

The storm started forming as soon as the beams clashed, but the full beam clash lasted much longer, so the energy output should be higher.

If it took, say, a second to create the warm front and the full beam clash is 20 seconds, total energy output would be higher. That's what I did for the newer calc.

No, it's just energy output/sec.

Energy to heat air: 47 Gigatons

Time: 1 sec (for example's sake)

Power: 47 Gigatons/sec

Beam clash lasted 20 seconds, so total energy output = 940 Gigatons

Surviving 12 lasers stronger than his atomic breath at once should reasonably make him Country Level.

The storm was formed long before the beam clash ended, so that's not the full energy output of the beams. Temperature change is just energy transfer, and joules/sec are still joules/sec.

Nope, because again this isn't a radiation problem and other characters can stack their attacks as well. That doesn't mean you can multiply their AP.

I'm confused. What I suggested has nothing to do with radiation. Just the fact that the energy to heat the air was released quickly, not over the whole 20 seconds. I think something got lost in translation.

The energy generated within Zilla's body is (Energy to heat air / time it took to heat air) * total beam clash time, which is something I forgot to add to the old calculation before I made the update. It's not about radiation.

Not at all, again. You are referring to something that works in regards to radiation. This is not a radiation calc.

Additionally, even if it was a radiation calc, using more than a single second wouldn't necessarily be allowed. This is just because that is not how AP is defined. We don't have a specific policy on it but I know that is the unstated one.

Additionally, we don't stack attacks like that. It doesn't matter if he can fire his beam continuously for an hour or just 1 second. If he can do either, he has the AP in the calc. You don't multiply by stacking.

Okay. There's probably no point in keeping this thread open anymore unless anybody else has something to say, or unless the energy produced could apply to durability instead of AP.

I'm surprised none of the other mods told me about the J/s -> J thing sooner when I was pushing for the other calc.

FYI, joules/sec also works for conduction and convection, not just radiation.

Yes, I know. Watts are not an oft considered subject in calcs because radiation is not necessary most of the time.

@Zilla Well, we try to estimate how much energy that can be released in a single attack.

@Alakabamm So, should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back