• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Surtr problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
Reaper on his way to get crucified

At 13:42:53 Kratos states that "Ragnarök's strength grows"...

And yet, Surtr only has one key, despite the fact that Ragnarök's scaling clearly varies from his fire Giant form, whether that be stronger or weaker, we will decide on this thread, but there sure as shit ain't a reason to say there's only one key at play here.

Reaper on his way to get crucified
@KLOL506 @Planck69

My work here is done
:Adio:
:Adiosputitas:
:eXit:

So, you're saying that Ragnarok and Sutr should be separate keys?

So, you're saying that Ragnarok and Sutr should be separate keys?
Yeah, via Kratos' statement changing Ragnarök/Surtr's scaling from the Fire Giant form.

Oh, and you could also add that Ragnarök existing was shaking all of Musphelheim

RIP DaReaperMan, KLOL and Planck will skin you alive-

Nah, this seems fine but I will wait to see what KLOL thinks.

Not sure, while Kratos says the line, there isn't really a significant strength difference between the two by the time we reach Thor's boss fight. I'll reserve further judgment for what Planck seems is most appropriate, but for now I will wait, as I have an exam in the coming minutes.

Not sure, while Kratos says the line, there isn't really a significant strength difference between the two by the time we reach Thor's boss fight. I'll reserve further judgment for what Planck seems is most appropriate, but for now I will wait, as I have an exam in the coming minutes.
TBF, scaling will always be ****** up by bullshittery from inconsistency, but the best thing to do is run with it, far as I'm concerned, there's enough of a difference here to say that Surtr and Ragnarök should be seperate keys

Especially with nothing saying they're comparable beyond "it's the same guy"

To adress Surtr shaking "all of Musphelheim" stuff, i think Atreus was referring to just a small part of Musphelheim they were standing on.

To adress Surtr shaking "all of Musphelheim" stuff, i think Atreus was referring to just a small part of Musphelheim they were standing on.
Yeah, though it's still a solid feat considering the jog away they were from Ragnarök at the time

One issue that I could think of that would justify two keys would be the LS (Base Surtr would be Unknown while Ragnarok would be Immeasurable scaling from Thor and Jormie, the former of whom scales to Kratos), but I think a few more votes would be nice.

@Theglassman12 @LephyrTheRevanchist I think you guys should be enough to settle this methinks.

Apparently the "self-evident/minor CRT grace" CRT hasn't been accepted yet, so we wait until next day. 31 hours to go.

One issue that I could think of that would justify two keys would be the LS (Base Surtr would be Unknown while Ragnarok would be Immeasurable scaling from Thor and Jormie, the former of whom scales to Kratos)
I think throwing two people with Immeasurable LS back would be enough for Immeasurable LS for yourself, no?

Surtr did it with an air shockwave, plus he caught 'em off-guard, so no. He'd be Unknown for the most part.
I mean, if an air shockwave can send Kratos and Atreus flying, why not calc that and use that for his LS?

I mean, if an air shockwave can send Kratos and Atreus flying, why not calc that and use that for his LS?
Can't use AP for LS unless you're grabbing the person and throwing them that hard in the first place.

Same reason we don't use punching someone into the air as an LS feat.

Can't use AP for LS unless you're grabbing the person and throwing them that hard in the first place.

Same reason we don't use punching someone into the air as an LS feat.
Fair enough

But... let's not go for Unknown, yeah? Let's not go the route of DB and be salty we aren't immeasurable or infinite and instead go for like, his actual feats, I'm pretty sure you could net at minimum Average Human from him performing such monumental feats as moving Kratos' arms and lifting and throwing a sword and rock the size of his big ass hand effortlessly

Fair enough

But... let's not go for Unknown, yeah? Let's not go the route of DB and be salty we aren't immeasurable or infinite and instead go for like, his actual feats, I'm pretty sure you could net at minimum Average Human from him performing such monumental feats as moving Kratos' arms and lifting and throwing a sword and rock the size of his big ass hand effortlessly
Of course he's stronger that a human, unknown is for characters that are clearly stronger than peak man but just unknowingly stronger. Peak human LS would make him weaker than Atreus.

Of course he's stronger that a human, unknown is for characters that are clearly stronger than peak man but just unknowingly stronger.

That's Superhuman you doffer.

Above peak human by an unknown amount, but we don't have much saying his LS is Superhuman do we?

Prolly just scale him above fodder Draugr or some shit I suppose, since his Muspelheim Mural shows him doing so with Sinmara.

Prolly just scale him above fodder Draugr or some shit I suppose, since his Muspelheim Mural shows him doing so with Sinmara.
And... what do Draugr do again? I... didn't really pay attention beyond "they swing big weapons" and there was only one guy on the wiki that knew how to competently do a calc like that to my knowledge

Sutr very obviously isn't weaker than idk Atreus in base.

Unknown is fine cause he genuinely has no feats but is nebulously above the baseline. I don't even know how the DBS nonsense was compared to him given those characters did have feats, but fans ignored them. This is a character, whose a divine being, with 5 minutes of screen time.

Sutr very obviously isn't weaker than idk Atreus in base.

Unknown is fine cause he genuinely has no feats but is nebulously above the baseline. I don't even know how the DBS nonsense was compared to him given those characters did have feats, but fans ignored them. This is a character, whose a divine being, with 5 minutes of screen time.
In this case we are ignoring his feats(shit he lifts on-screen)/scaling(KLOL mentioned Draugr stuff) to say "we don't know!" So I think my comparison is apt

In this case we are ignoring his feats(shit he lifts on-screen)/scaling(KLOL mentioned Draugr stuff) to say "we don't know!" So I think my comparison is apt
Oh? Can you tell me the usable lifting strength feats he has? Perhaps there was some hidden content where he did more than flick his wrist, raise his hand and talk for 5 minutes? It may have even been shown in CFYOW. Do tell me.

Oh? Can you tell me the usable lifting strength feats he has? Perhaps there was some hidden content where he did more than flick his wrist, raise his hand and talk for 5 minutes? It may have even been shown in CFYOW. Do tell me.
How about the fact he was effortlessly picking up and yeeting swords for Yggdrasil knows how long and using an Igneous rock the size of his hand to try and forge em.

Or if KLOL finds the scan for Sutr scaling above Draugr, you could attempt to calc their weapon swings for LS kinda like this.

Poke

I think we got enough approvals for this to go through. Grace has passed a week ago. I will make the changes and y'all can evaluate if everything went well.

@Dereck03 Can you open Surtr's profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back