• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War CRT: Greek Additions/Removals/Clean up.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator

Introduction

This is basically just going over the Greek novelizations and games, making some removals, additions and changes based on the information given within them. Yeah, removals from me, shocking I know.

Additions

Zeus
Poseidon
Hades
Ares
Athena

Removals

Gaia
  • Her resistance to the powers of the Fates should go. It is revealed that Kratos's thread had intertwined with many of the Titans.[24] And Kratos himself had developed a will that defied the Fates and their control over him entirely, rather than this being something innate to Gaia or the Titans at all.
Kratos
  • "Enhanced Power Nullification (Via scaling to his Demigod self, and with Atlas Quake, which he used to nullifyAtropos' Sphere of Death[56])" This should go, reading the scan again, it's more so that the Quake magic just cancelled out with Atropos' attack.
  • "Resistance Negation (Was capable of overcoming his own resistance to Conceptual Manipulation when he plunged the Blade of Olympus into himself and released Hope itself to all of Humanity[30])" This at most would be another layer of hax, given his resistances aren't like, being stripped away, just overcome. It should go.
  • Astral Projection: No justification, just been there in the Hope key for ages, it should go.

Changes

• "Enhanced Absorption & Explosion Manipulation (As the God of War, his absorption powers have further increased, as well as his capability to filter his own godly power through his weapons to further enhance their strength and effects, which he used to further enhance his Blades' explosive fiery powers by absorbing Thera's power to obtain Thera's Bane.[18] His Golden Fleece can also drain magical energy[57])" This is fine but it should be in the Weapons and Magic tabber.
Agree: 8 (Elizhaa, Theglassman12, Eseseso, Aetheric Pariah, Pepsimanslover_69, Kenny Mccormick 0v0, BlastX, Random-Helper323)

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Agree with it all, although might find some more format issues but I don't think format issues or outdated justifications due to standards would require a CRT to change

The Athena telepathy thing seems more like she's trying to read his thoughts in "figure them out" sort of way, not telepathy.

Poseidon
I disagree with powernull the ability to burn away a barrier can just be chalked up to high AP. Powernull would be more so making the barrier disappear completely or stopping it from being summoned.

• "Resistance Negation (Was capable of overcoming his own resistance to Conceptual Manipulation when he plunged the Blade of Olympus into himself and released Hope itself to all of Humanity[30])" This at most would be another layer of hax, given his resistances aren't like, being stripped away, just overcome. It should go.
I also disagree with this as well.

1. The way the sword works is by draining the the godly power from the weirder and it’s victim. When Kratos plunged the sword the sword into himself he getting power nullified by it. This is made abundantly more clear in GoW 2 when he drained the Godly power into the sword and became more Vulnerable.

2. What exactly what he be bypassing? Resistance to conceptual manipulation doesn’t make him immune to getting stabbed, this could be a extra layer to the Blade but not negation especially since he didn’t even suffer any long term effects.

3. Wouldn’t we just attribute this to the sword and not him? If the weapon has this hax why would Kratos also have it?

Poseidon

I disagree with powernull the ability to burn away a barrier can just be chalked up to high AP. Powernull would be more so making the barrier disappear completely or stopping it from being summoned.
Not really sure what to say here, given we don't have any sort of confirmation to that being the case.

1. The way the sword works is by draining the the godly power from the weirder and it’s victim. When Kratos plunged the sword the sword into himself he getting power nullified by it. This is made abundantly more clear in GoW 2 when he drained the Godly power into the sword and became more Vulnerable.
1. Kratos resists the Blade of Olympus by this point in time. It quite literally bounces off of him at full swing from Zeus.
2. What exactly what he be bypassing? Resistance to conceptual manipulation doesn’t make him immune to getting stabbed, this could be a extra layer to the Blade but not negation especially since he didn’t even suffer any long term effects.

3. Wouldn’t we just attribute this to the sword and not him? If the weapon has this hax why would Kratos also have it?
.....Also, are you arguing against the removal by arguing for the removal? I have no idea what you're trying to say here. The point is to remove it from the profile.

Like, I say as much in the OP??????

Wouldn't this just be weather Manipulation?
I'm largely ambivalent, so long as the ability to from ice around himself and cause sleet to rain is noted in the profile.

Probably wasn't as clear but a chunk of that is already used for Weather Manipulation. I just listed the whole scenario.

The Athena telepathy thing seems more like she's trying to read his thoughts in "figure them out" sort of way, not telepathy.
Possibly but the Olympians have long showcased that ability in actuality, so I felt it would be more literal here. I can see why it can be disagreed with though. Issues with anything else?

Poseidon

Wow

Yeah, removals from me, shocking I know.

Very first sentence of the CRT. Also under the header of removals. You actually didn't read the CRT and innately assumed everything was an addition.

Back