• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War (2018) General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, quick questions, one is for young Kratos, one is for old Kratos. In Ascension while Kratos is chasing Castor and Pollux he moves from falling debris so quick that they appear stationary, shouldn't that be higher than transonic?

As for old Kratos, Mimir talks about how Magni and Modi as infants flip a giant that was partly made of stone, that fell on Thor, a full grown giant, and Mimir talks about how Magni and Modi did that easily. Yet when you fight them, Kratos can overpower and adult Magni with one arm, who is notably the stronger of the two, what type of strength is that consdidered, if any?

Just finished seeing the lp for the game.It was a good game.Strangely enough,Baldur was my favorite character.

I never wanted him to win, but I was hoping we wouldn't have to kill him, I was hoping he would come to his senses because I bet he was cool before losing feeling.

Well, doesn't the ending imply Thor is still stronger than Magni & Modi? The myths don't mix with the story 100% TBh.

I think he is overall stronger, not neccessarily physically stronger, and I think Thor was either too stunned to do anything or was just not trying.

This game also is closer to the myths than some think, obviously not 100%, but when has any GoW game been 100% accurate to the myth.

I'm pretty sure Thor can solo Magni and Modi casually, Mimir does talk about how they were minor Gods, but Thor was not at all.

Egarroyo0330 said:
Also, quick questions, one is for young Kratos, one is for old Kratos. In Ascension while Kratos is chasing Castor and Pollux he moves from falling debris so quick that they appear stationary, shouldn't that be higher than transonic?
As for old Kratos, Mimir talks about how Magni and Modi as infants flip a giant that was partly made of stone, that fell on Thor, a full grown giant, and Mimir talks about how Magni and Modi did that easily. Yet when you fight them, Kratos can overpower and adult Magni with one arm, who is notably the stronger of the two, what type of strength is that consdidered, if any?
1.yeah, that clearly above Transonic.

2.I think they should scale to Kratos and baldur too.

I'm not sure Magni and Modi should scale to Kratos and Baldur, since Baldur can fight Kratos by himself for the most part but Magni and Modi get beaten farily quickly by Kratos, and clearly have trouble during the fight, so much so, that Modi had to sneak attack Kratos to actually have a chance, but even then when Kratos got angry he wan punched Modi and he ran away terrified.

Egarroyo0330 said:
I'm not sure Magni and Modi should scale to Kratos and Baldur, since Baldur can fight Kratos by himself for the most part but Magni and Modi get beaten farily quickly by Kratos, and clearly have trouble during the fight, so much so, that Modi had to sneak attack Kratos to actually have a chance, but even then when Kratos got angry he wan punched Modi and he ran away terrified.
Ok that made sense.

So Thor effortlessly killed all the giants, and the world serpent stalemated thor, which means the world serpent is the strongest Giant. So the world serpent is the equivalent of Atlas 😂.

Jokes aside, i do wonder how powerful Thor is in the God of war series. They are treating it very close to the actual norse mythology. Maybe in future games we will have 5-C thor and world serpent.

The world serpent being the strongest giant was reiterated through the game multiple times. I really want to see that battle though, I hope we don't kill thor before then.

And honestly seeing how they hyped up thor with him slaying/nearly genociding an entire race of beings the size of mountains, I don't see Kratos beating him without sustaining massive injuries. It would be like another Zues battle.

Ovrhide said:
So Thor effortlessly killed all the giants, and the world serpent stalemated thor, which means the world serpent is the strongest Giant. So the world serpent is the equivalent of Atlas 😂.
Jokes aside, i do wonder how powerful Thor is in the God of war series. They are treating it very close to the actual norse mythology. Maybe in future games we will have 5-C thor and world serpent.

their fight literally destroy yggdrasil

I think what will happen is that Atreus will give birth to Jormungandr in the next game and when ragnarok happens Thor will likely fight the current serpent and the new one will get sent back in time or the three of them fight to death

I wouldn't go as far as to say they destroyed Yggdrasil. All Mimir said was that their battle could be heard throughout the realms and that it splintered the world tree

Doubt it because Atreus will still be a child when Ragnarok happens in the next game. Killing Baldur caused the winter before Ragnarok which was said it would last 3 years. And the ending of the game explicitly showed that Thor would appear years later

Egarroyo0330 said:
Now I am imagining Thor vs Kratos vs the World Serpent, which sounds so cool I can't even fathom.
Kratos and the world serpent are on the same side

Kadmus Prime said:
I wouldn't go as far as to say they destroyed Yggdrasil. All Mimir said was that their battle could be heard throughout the realms and that it splintered the world tree
that is Thor and Jormangandr's first fight shook all 9 realms. Freya said it.

Thor and Jormangandr's final fight in ragnarok will go even further and literally break Yggdrasil and break through time, sending Jorgmangandr back in time to the present. Mimir said it.

9-B huh.... Ehh it's hard to say, I think he should be higher than that in lieu of him helping Kratos lift/push things during their adventure. But of course he shouldn't scale that much.

I think being able to visibly draw blood from someone who punches moon snakes should scale to the rest of the gods. At least Kratos. He obviously has showed comparable stats to kratos and other gods.

He beat the shit out of Boulder alongside Kratos and his arrows hurt kraros, he should scale at least somewhat to his dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back