• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goblin Slayer vs Jack Marston

I assume this is just for fun due to rounds being here, yeah? In that case...

Round 1: I don't remember if Jack has very many specific physical strength feats other than being able to beat up other people with obvious Wall level durability. Likewise, I'm not familiar with what unarmed and unarmored Goblin Slayer can do. But if he somewhat scales to a Goblin Champion in terms of physical strength even without his armor or weapons, he could likely just overpower Jack.

Round 2: I'm fairly certain Jack has nearly the exact same ways to beat Goblin Slayer as someone like his dad or Arthur does, and considering Arthur was agreed to be able to take out Goblin Slayer, I can see Jack doing the same. On top of that, his explosive rifle means he only needs a single shot to inflict lethal damage on Goblin Slayer (which he can do from a significant range), and Dead Eye means landing said shot is extremely simple. Without the explosive rifle, Jack should still take this round. With it, it seems like kinda a stomp in his favor.

Bonus Round: No idea because no one else in Goblin Slayer's party has a page, yet. Neither does Uncle, but I suppose he'd just be an extra (and surprisingly competent) hand with additional guns.

For round 1 I think Jack takes it. Goblin Slayer never was at goblin champion level, in fact he could hardly beat a goblin lord. Jack can survive getting run over by a train, getting mauled by a bear, head shots from rifles, explosions from dynamite, and high falls. Goblin Slayer on the other hand has only survived horrific attacks due to wearing armor, and when he got his arm injured from the goblin lord he couldn't continue the fight. As for physical strength well from what I've seen Jack can push back grizzly bears and drag around cattle with his lasso. I don't know what Goblin Slayer can lift but he hasn't shown any notable feats. For round 2 I agree with you. As for the bonus round I'm guessing it goes to Goblin Slayer and his party. They have that lizard guy who is the only one superior to them in his strength and durability. The dwarf and elf would try to use their arrows and spells but I doubt John would stand there and let them. The priestess is pretty much screwed seeing as she can't work properly when under pressure. The lizard priest could summon a bone lizard and that would pretty much make it 6 on 3. Unless John has his explosive rifle I don't see him and Jack winning this round.

Note: Bears in RDR and RDR2 are twice as large, fast and strong as their real-life counterparts.

Round 1: Jack solos.

Round 2: The Explosive rifle is standard equipment for John and Jack so they vape.

Round 2: The Explosive Rifle can vape cows and horses, which is unarguably superior to vaping humans. Unless someone can show me that the Lizard Guy can withstand that kind of firepower, I'll give it to the Lumbago gang.

Now that you mention it I guess bears are stronger in the game. So yeah I'm now gonna go with the results you concluded. Unless there's proof showing otherwise I think we can safely assume this victory goes to Jack. Now it's time for it to be included on their wiki pages.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Round 2: I'm fairly certain Jack has nearly the exact same ways to beat Goblin Slayer as someone like his dad or Arthur does, and considering Arthur was agreed to be able to take out Goblin Slayer, I can see Jack doing the same.
I'm gonna go out and disagree slightly here. Arthur is far more calm and collected + Intelligent then most other characters in RDR2 (Noted by in-game characters themselves), which iirc helps him a bunch in the vsthreads he's been in. So while Jack has probably surpassed Arthur in power, I don't think Jack can win just because Arthur won, despite being stronger than him.

Other than that, I'm going to vote Jack FRA.

The (Legendary) bears in RDR are noticablly larger, stronger, faster and more durable than in real life, which affects AP (Albiet to an unknown degree). By scaling from Arthur and John, who he has likely surpassed physically, and scales off their pure pain tolerance, I think Jack wins convincingly

Also, the entire RDR cast will eventually get upgraded to At least Subsonic+ soon because John outpaced rounds from Micah while having no way to dodge his aim and can no-sell dynamite sticks that seem to be more powerful than real-life dynamite sticks (which produce 1 MJ on avg.) so yeah, might be a stomp.

Subsonic+ feels like he's being downplayed considering he can use eagke vision. In eagle vision he can perceive bullets really slow and can move his body way faster than them. So yeah now it's definitely a stomp.

Correction: Eagle Eye/Dead Eye

Yeah, Dead Eye would increase the speed considerably.

Well then forget about the extra rounds. It's just Jack vs Goblin Slayer. Now we already have 2 votes I think for Jack and none for GS. I doubt people are gonna see this matchup so it will never reach 7 votes, but based on the few that did see it I think it's Jack's win. What about you, who do you think wins?

Anyway, Jack's guns have considerably higher AP than him and he could just toss dynamite sticks to get at Gobbo, not to mention that piercing damage is a thing. Without his armor he's nowhere near as durable as the goblin that nearly killed him. Also, Jack can just spam Dead-Eye and look for weak spots in the armor (Though I doubt he has to, since the guns can just blow up the skulls of Jack's enemies, who are on par with him in terms of dura).

So that's another vote for Jack making it 3 total. Personally I think Jack can take the win unarmed as well but thats just me.

Anyway 3-0 for Jack so far. Can this be concluded now or are 7 votes really ncessary? I mean nobody has seen this post and it was uploaded long ago so unless we end it now it will never reach a conclusion.

3 punches from Jack would be more than enough to properly wound Gobbo. Though I think the dynamite sticks in RDR2 are a tad bit more overpowered than ones in real life.

so i just randomly go to peoples walls and send them this thread? sounds kinda weird. cant you guys just give jack the win seeing as he's 4-0 so far, and all the evidence stalks up in his favor.

Nah, you need 7 solid votes.

Pretty sure there was some vote gathering thread where you add your battles and people respond. I wonder where that vanished off to.

Well then, 3 more people. I just need to find 3 people and Jack can finally get a win. If you can help find anyone willing to vote I'd really appreciate it.

Back