• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GLaDOS Profile?

This thread got me thinking: GLaDOS should have a profile. But then of course there's the fact that all she's able to do is exclusive to the Aperture Science building. Even with that in mind, I threw together this rough draft going off a combination of what my memory and the Half-Life Wiki could afford me.

Emphasis on rough draft. If anything here seems off, please correct me and know that it is because it's been 4 or 5 years since I played anything Portal related.

GLaDOS Profile Rough Draft

Glados render
Summary

GLaDOS (Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System) is an artificial intelligence created by Aperture Science.

The idea for GLaDOS came to Cave Johnson in 1982 during his final days. He wanted to "store a man's intelligence" into a computer in order to beat his rival Black Mesa and oversee his company after his death.

In 1986, construction of the first iteration of GLaDOS began in the Enrichment Center with the aim of accelerating the Portal project, and beating their rival company, Black Mesa. A prototype chassis for GLaDOS was constructed in 1989, but was subsequently abandoned. In 1996, after a decade spent bringing the Disk Operating System parts to a state of more or less basic functionality, work began on the Genetic Lifeform component.

GLaDOS is amoral and often sadistic. She possesses an extremely dry, bitter, and sarcastic sense of humor; her jokes are usually dark, morbid, or outright cruel. She seems to enjoy making manipulative comments that frighten the subject or undermine their self-esteem, but does not usually express open malice.

Powers and Stats
Tier: Unknow physically, 9-B with weaponry

Name: GLaDOS, possibly Caroline before the transfer

Origin: Portal

Classification: Artificial intelligence

Powers and Abilities: Genius Intelligence, Inorganic Physiology, Technological Manipulation (Controls the entirety of the Aperture Science facility), Information Analysis, Portal Creation, Energy Projection (Can create lasers), Creation, Matter Manipulation (Can create and dissolve objects within the facility such as Storage Cubes), Immortality (Types 1 and 6), Poison Manipulation (Via neurotoxins), Large Size (At least Type 0, possibly Type 2 as she controls the entirety of the massive Aperture Science building), Summoning (Can spawn sentry turrets), Explosion Manipulation (Can spawn rocket sentries and bombs), Forcefield Creation (Can utilize "bomb-proof shields"), Electricity Manipulation, Self-Destruction, Light Manipulation (Can create hard light bridges), Clairvoyance (Has cameras all throughout the enrichment center), Gravity Manipulation (Via Excursion Funnel), Resistance to Morality Manipulation (Although the Morality Core stopped her from killing test subjects outright, she still maintained the desire to kill and managed to kill them in a roundabout way through constructing lethal tests), Heat Manipulation (Aperture Science technology is built to withstand temperatures of 4000 K), and Hacking (After an earlier build of GLaDOS was hacked, precautions were taken to prevent a repeat)

Attack Potency: Unknow physically (She controls the entirety of the Aperture Science Enrichment Center, though she seldom attacks Chell directly), Wall level with weaponry (Can generate lasers, bombs, and turrets that are capable of killing Chell)

Speed: Virtually Immobile movement speed, Superonic to Speed of Light attack speed with rocket turrets and lasers, respectively. At least SuperHuman reactions (As a highly advanced artificial intelligence, she should be able to calculate and analyze situations faster than a typical human)

Lifting Strength: Unknow

Striking Strength:
Unknow

Durability:
Likely Wall level (Merely stunned by bombs which can kill Chell)

Stamina: Limitless as an artificial intelligence

Range: Hundreds of meters (Has control of the whole, massive Aperture Science Enrichment Center)

Standard Equipment: Sentry turrets, lasers, portals, bombs, deadly neurotoxin

Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius (She is a highly advanced artificial intelligence who can run the totality of a complex experiment facility and can construct complex testing chambers)

Weaknesses: Psychotic and sadistic; if she hears a logical paradox she will get trapped in a seemingly never ending loop trying to figure it out.

Others
Notable Victories:

Notable Losses:

Inconclusive Matches:

Perhaps not. I thought I remembered her being able to create cubes but maybe the facility just has an almost infinite number of them.

She's not quite Omnipresent within the enrichment center, she just has cameras everywhere. It still takes her time to react to things, and she can't see things outside the view of her cameras.

I don't think so, that implies being everywhere within a restricted location.

Maybe it's just something like enhanced senses? Maybe you could scale speed/reactions to reacting to things in boss fights?

Back