• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giving to Monika "nigh - Omniscience" ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
-alright this thread won't be long so yeah let's get started :

1- Monika should have Nigh omniscient ability for recreating the entire Universe with the same exact detail, also she Gained complete knowledge over all of existence within Doki Doki Literature and is even aware of what can occur outside of her Game itself being able see and know what happens across many SAVES.

Her powers made everything simplified, she doesn't need to have any understanding of a thing to delete or recreate it, she was just typing things.

Cosmic Awareness is a dumb power that is either Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception, Information Analysis, Clairvoyance and/or Psychometry if it's based on cosmic things (I may be missing other perception-based powers there, idk, but I do remember other useless powers like Chain Manipulation becasue our system of powers is just that broken). Monika senses nothing cosmic, so she just has Extrasensory Perception via knowing the script, maybe even Precog if proven, but nothing that would work on characters from other verses as the player couldn't be read due to not beig a character in her game.

Eficiente said:
Her powers made everything simplified, she doesn't need to have any understanding of a thing to delete or recreate it, she was just typing things.

Cosmic Awareness is a dumb power that is either Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception, Information Analysis, Clairvoyance and/or Psychometry if it's based on cosmic things (I may be missing other perception-based powers there, idk, but I do remember other useless powers like Chain Manipulation becasue our system of powers is just that broken). Monika senses nothing cosmic, so she just has Extrasensory Perception via knowing the script, maybe even Precog if proven, but nothing that would work on characters from other verses as the player couldn't be read due to not beig a character in her game.
Yeah I knew it that the Cosmic Awareness ability would be rejected lol but I still think we should give her nigh omniscient ability for some reasons because not only that she recreated the universe with exact same details but also she Gained complete knowledge over all of existence within Doki Doki Literature and is even aware of what can occur outside of her Game itself being able see and know what happens across many Saves.

@Badrimoine All your claims there need to have evidence, please don't bring any other thing without it.

Well by game logic yes, when she is deleting characters she is just removing theire Files from the Game (well yeah because that's how you erase a game character from existence anyway) yet she still does have EE ability so the same goes for her recreating the Universe

But in that case she doesn't need to have full knowlegde of the universe to recreate it, if all she's doing is restoring old files.

Badrimoine2019 said:
Well by game logic yes, when she is deleting characters she is just removing theire Files from the Game (well yeah because that's how you erase a game character from existence anyway) yet she still does have EE ability so the same goes for her recreating the Universe
That's not game logic, her powers work like that. There is no "yet" there, nothing contradicts her having no true understanding of what she does.

Please stop for a while and think the matter.

Ummm that's actually game logic because again it's just a game that's how games works, à game is made by files and if you want to delete or controle the existence of a game than Obviously its by deleting/controlling its files

Let me to it even more clearly.

Eficiente said:
her powers work like that.
You missed the meaning of this. Monika's power work by writing and deleting things just like in real life. Most other characters and verses don't have this. X character in X verse may wave their hand to create something with their power, Monika writes to do the same. Her powers work like that because they were shown to work like that. Nobody cares how games are made by files, in the canon of DDLC files are a thing that exists and can be used by characters.

This doesn't count as as high as nigh-omniscience, but maybe just a smaller intelect upgrade? We already have breaking the fourth wall on her profile, just knowing the existence and general function of Steam, Twitter, Super Smash Bros., and the real world doesn't mean much. Like the BFDI Speaker Box knows he has viewers and wants them to vote for a contestant to be elliminated, that doesn't mean he's a supergenius for knowing about YouTube.

Monika is already above average for the reasons the profile says, but I think that a good upgrade would be just to remove "although she isn't quite computer savvy" because she did recreate the script of a game. Not focusing on game mechanics because technically no fictional character can have plot manipulation, there is no code in the character files, etc., she did recreate the script of the game in-verse, as opposed to not actually doing it in reality, which doesn't count. That would be another above average intellect feat. Maybe she can be gifted due to knowing how this stuff works? I'm not too sure, but those are my thoughts on this thread.

Actually it dosn't matter Monika has Existence erasure, plot manipulation,... By affecting/changing and deleting the files of the game yet she still has those abilityes written in her profile, Monika also can recreate the game by making a backup of theire files yet it still accepted as Creation ability, so I see no reason why not giving here a " possibly nigh-omniscient" ability

She isn't implied to know everything, which automatically makes her finite intelligence. At most we can give a major intelect upgrade if she is wanked to being able to recreate the whole script of a game, though I think it would be a supporting feat for above average.

I don't believe you are thinking any of this, just that you are trying to push things as much as you can without caring. There is no "possibly nigh-omniscient", if there is a logic for the power to be correct then she would have it, if not then she wouldn't have it, you are trying to add something without knowing the why of it. It doesn't matter at all how Monika has Existence erasure, plot manipulation, etc., there is no reason for her having those powers that should mae the Nigh-Omniscience more likely, you just believed that they made the latter power more likely and went on with it.

Ummm from what I can see the nigh-omniscient ability isn't accepted than, okey than I see that this thread should be closed or should we wait for other inputs?

James Plays 4 Games said:
She isn't implied to know everything, which automatically makes her finite intelligence. At most we can give a major intelect upgrade if she is wanked to being able to recreate the whole script of a game, though I think it would be a supporting feat for above average.
Given the implications of how her powers work it would be ridiculous to claim she did anything any normal person wouldn't be able to do. Why would the script not be already done when recreated? Alternatively she could have had a reference of it if she had to manually remake it. We have no reason to claim she just memorized all of it and rewrote it.

Badrimoine2019 said:
Okey okey i get it so would this thread be closed than?
No no, Clairvoyance is to be added, if other people agree with it first. But then, I said it was "nothing that would work on characters from other verses as the player couldn't be read due to not beig a character in her game", which collides with The Player (Doki Doki Literature Club!)'s higher-dimensional existance, so I now want to remove that as he has no reason to have that power.

Okey just a question weren't the script of the Gmae broken/corrupted such us save and loads files,the reality,...when Monika deleted the game ? If yes than how Monika did make a backup of theire files if the script of the game it self was broken or corrupted ? Monika probably recreated the entire Universe by recreating the entire script of the existence

The things that were broken/corrupted don't stop her from doing what she did because it doesn't make sense for them to do so.

Eficiente said:
We have no reason to claim she just memorized all of it and rewrote it.
That's why I said it would be a wank. "At most we can give a major intelect upgrade if she is wanked to being able to recreate the whole script of a game". I meant what I said as in it depends on how someone interprets the feat.

I forgot to add that she created backups for characters, so it would be like copying and pasting it back into the game, not intellect. It got corrupted by her but there was nothing stopping her from just doing that before she broke the game, since I don't recall it ever being said when she did create the backups. She had a backup of Sayori which means it must of been done before she really did anything. That should be creation instead of intellect.

@Badrimoine2019 There is no intelligence upgrade FRA, but I think creation should be added. Her profile literally says she can ressurect erased beings if she "made" a backup for their existence, and it doesn't mention that she did this for the universe too. Monika did mention the Literature Club along with her friends in the scan for ressurection.

I don't see it. If we don't put creation for being able to recreate character files and the universe, we should add duplication for being able to copy and past them, and stores it wherever she does. It must be one of the two.

Eficiente is probably correct. Should we close this thread?

I know that my question wouldn't have anything to do with this thread but didn't Sayori somehow implies that The Player has saved and load too many times to count? Just asking because I didn't play this game for a while

i remember sayori saying that she knew about everything that happened in the game

so there's that

Actually, it's already implied in-verse that things being destroyed or the game re-arranging itself is just a chain reaction and not a thing Monilka did directly (in Sayori's-related poem talking about why she killed herself).

Monika herself also said to not know quite a lot of things, so it would more be her just learning how things work than anything else.

It would actually be some good downgrade materials tho.

Badrimoine2019 said:
I know that my question wouldn't have anything to do with this thread but didn't Sayori somehow implies that The Player has saved and load too many times to count? Just asking because I didn't play this game for a while
I think that that was in the most underwhelming secret ending ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back