• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giratina vs. White Face

Ey, no problem. Vote who you want; it's a free wiki ovo

Just realized Giratina is in the IQ group C, giving it the Intimidator IQ skill, so WF's heart getting exposed is a viable possibility.

Honestly, WF's heart problems (lol) are only something in the long run, like it was in the game. WF can't just stalemate someone with regen. But I doubt it's something that's gonna come up in a quick match like that.

Inducing fear doesn't mean that it's higher than regular fear. Just that it will get induced no matter what.

WF is scared through the entire game. He only reaches a breaking point once the (Far, FAR stronger) Player decides they want to kill him, and he realizes that he can't do anything anymore. It's borderline letting himself die.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
The thing with WF is that to win when on the same tier you need to either:
1. Resist or be able to break out of Power Nullification

2. Have a passive ability capable of putting WF down before he can do stuff

Without that, it's either a win for WF or Shoutout
... How can lucemon do equality?

Luecmon ended in a shoutout. Either Lucemon conceptually erases WF from the start or WF Power Nulls him.

@Wright 6-0 (Saikou, Zachary, Dodo, Noah, Theglass, Neo)

I said "I don't feel like voting, but [insert reason why I believe Giratina wins]"

Besides, Giratina, along with Dialga, Darkrai and Palkia, are getting resistance to Power Nullification, as they (or at least one version of them) are of a series that can't be affected by Dialga's power nullifying ability Time Crystal. (Several other Pokemon fall under this category, but assuming they can resist anything from Dialga is inane)

I don't feel hot about upgrading just Palkia and Dialga if anyone weaker can potantially resist it.

Even then, what kind of PN is it? WF stops you from you activating your attacks themselves, not nullifying the attacks directly.

Also doesn't really matter here given that Giratina can't survive being erased by WF.

Well since Cal voted, rip. Grace Period.

Also Cal. This "Power Nullification" only nullifies passive abilities.

Resists existence erasure from beings superior to White Face who have feats of existence erasure far surpassing White Face's. White Face won't wipe Giratina anytime soon.

Even disregarding that, Giratina should be able to resist WF's stopping from moving due to typing alone. Ghost types are immune to Block, which functions the same way as WF's movement stop (in the manga and PMD, anyway)

Data and being void are meaningless, as everyone and their mother can fight Porygon, and Giratina literally controls a void superior to White Face, being the Distortion World, for a living.

Given that Giratina can move and use passive abilities, Giratina can shut off White Face's own, and White Face still has to deal with Intimidator, as he's fighting a stronger, scarier version of The Player.

It's specifically resistance to space-time erasure. Which isn't what White Face does. And what are those feats anyway? I remember, like, Palkia and Dialga erasing a city over time and Arceus erasing boulders.

Block is literally just keeping your enemy near you with your arms. Also, the implication for ghost types evading blocking attacks is because of their intangibility, not from some resistance to having their rights to movement stripped away.

>Porygon

Boi porygon is a physical being whose "data" existence isn't in any way related to WF's. Porygon isn't, in any way, a non-corporeal being.

Simply put: "Data" here is the same as a video game character somehow physically attacking their own files that dictate their state, appearance, and whole existence. While Porygon is literal data from a computer given physical form. Utterly unrelated.

>Distortion space being superior to White Face

White Face's nonexistence is pretty much the same as the one that exist after the whole game (Which has two space-time continuum) was erased. Distortion space is some place without space-time that opposes a universe.

>Giratina stronger than the player

White Face literally plays with the player. The strength factor doesn't come from their 2-C stat, but the fact that the player is real to White Face's fictionality.

The 2-C guy is just an avatar of what White Face truly fears: the one giving said 2-C avatar their Type 9 immortality. I can't say High 2-A, but close.

>Block

Block has never been portrayed like that when it's not being used to prevent escape. Heck, the manga has it as a beam.

>Erasure

Firstly, while I know it's on the profile, idk where exactly that came from when it's never stated that it was spatiotemporal rather than existence. And weakened presence causing erasure as a stronger being, albeit gradual and limited, trumps WF's.

>Porygon

Sure, I'll give you that, as you're not wrong. Porygon is physical. What isn't though? Marowak's ghost. The Gastly line. The Misdreavous line. Giratina itself. You get where I'm going with this..

Furthermore, data and files in this case sounds like an existence, if how you described it lines up. Verse equalization hits that hard, unless you wanna say (and I'm saying this not to be sarcastic) that WF is data on a computer here, making this 2-C vs 11-A. Not really something out of Giratina's league.

>Distortion space being superior to a White Face

Place outside of space time > place after space time. Only one of them has been in that void like state from the beginning.

>Giratina stronger than the player

Handful of things. For starters, not close to High 2-A. Metafiction takes a middle finger to our system. I could go into detail (I don't want to though), so I'll say there's a reason that Undertale's player is tier 2 instead of tier 1 and we constantly shut down DBH upgrades. But even disregarding that, if WF can see the power behind this 2-C and be afraid enough to cost his life, same thing could be said to happen as he'd see true Giratina behind sealed, again, backed up with a supernatural level of fear inducement.

>Nullification

I know you didn't address this, but as Giratina can move and use passive abilities, it can still use its existence as antimatter itself to fashion a Heal Seed or Max Elixir, which cures exactly this ("Sealed" Moves). I wouldn't blame you if you said this is overextrapolation, so I'll say precog allows Giratina to do so before his active abilities get nulled.

Anime and Manga don't always follow game types, you know this well. Beside, Blocking someone from escaping <<< nullifying any attempt at movements and of using abilities.

Gradual and limited of someone inferior to White Face. Also wasn't it stated that the space-time of the place is being erased? Y'know, it being Dialga and Palkia.

The heck are you talking about? It's something no one can interact with in-game in Imscared except for stuff like White Face or the Player. It isn't affected by equalization. Besides, you'd need something that is so non-corporeal that even ghost types can't hit it.

? Outside of the game = Outside of space-time. Beside, distortion space is still seen as another world. Not someplace outside of the multiverse.

You don't get my point at all. WF isn't freaking out because of a mere 2-C like Giratina. He's freaking out because of said 2-C being the shadow of something much greater.

Ah yes. Giratina isn't allowed any movement at all, not even attacks not needing movement, yet he can clearly create a specific item that will somehow heal it despite the fact that it seals all movement forever instead of a single move for a few turns. He won't even be able to use said item once he's PN'd.

Again, WF's movement stop is literally no different to how it's used in PMD.

I'm almost positive that each member of the trio is physically stronger than White Face. Also...not to my knowledge?

Because it'd be like stating normal people can interact with what makes their existence in real life. And needing things that are so non-corporeal that ghosts can even hit it. One, ghosts are on a level of non-corporeality far surpassing that of data. Two, manipulating voids and hitting time and space qualifies. Three, Giratina itself falls under that evidenced in using Shadow Force. Four, and this one is to more safe my curiosity, what makes WF even qualify for this double-non-corporeality? Because being 2-D data doesn't make you non-corporeal any more than you being 3-D makes you non-corporeal to a 4-D (in the sense that they can't interact directly, but they can influence our realm to do so)

Literally just rewatched the Pokémon Generations where the DW was called a realm of nothingness...

That's...literally what I said. 2-C being the shadow of something much greater. As in Sealed Giratina being the shadow of his true self.

I already gave reasoning of why Giratina could both, move and use passive abilities. Heck, you gave so much backlash over how Giratina would affect WF when WF is empty data, I could turn that around and ask if WF could nullify a ghost due to their own natural and different non-corporeality. Even then. Precog: Giratina acts first. Shadow Force: WF can't hit, and the half chance of the nullification action. Alternatively, Intimidator, a skill that is passive and doesn't require a thought, can prevent WF from getting the action off altogether. If WF is as perpetually scared as you say, doesn't matter if that existential fear of being fiction to someone else's reality isn't coming to pass. The ability to supernaturally induce fear to the point of non-motion is going to happen, heart getting exposed or not. Heck, I've played imscared before. There's a good chance WF isn't using PN. Though, if it did, I'd find it funny to see WF falling to a Xatu because of Magic Bounce lol.

Back