• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I did this for:

1: Despite being very similar to his modern counterpart, Classic Sonic doesn't have many abilities, so he's going to have to go for the good old fashioned way smash-your-own-body-into-metal-at-light-speed

2: Giganto put a lot of pressure on Modern Sonic, he must have a chance.

Classic Sonic gets blitzed and one-shot.
???
Classic Super Sonic would be completely invulnerable to all of Giganto's attacks except for him being crushed and chewed to death. Classic Sonic isn't as strong or fast as his Modern counterpart, sure, but he'd still have a major speed and agility advantage. Classic Sonic runs (flies?) circles around Giganto and spams his dash attack until the titan eventually dies. Classic Sonic wins mid diff.

???
Classic Super Sonic would be completely invulnerable to all of Giganto's attacks except for him being crushed and chewed to death. Classic Sonic isn't as strong or fast as his Modern counterpart, sure, but he'd still have a major speed and agility advantage. Classic Sonic runs (flies?) circles around Giganto and spams his dash attack until the titan eventually dies. Classic Sonic wins mid diff.
Giganto can harm Modern Super Sonic, who: 1) Is also invulnerable (meaning Giganto can negate said invulnerability), and 2) Frontiers Sonic is far stronger than Classic Sonic even during Mania, meaning Giganto one shots and blitzes

Giganto can harm Modern Super Sonic, who: 1) Is also invulnerable (meaning Giganto can negate said invulnerability), and 2) Frontiers Sonic is far stronger than Classic Sonic even during Mania, meaning Giganto one shots and blitzes
Not only is Giganto monumentally slower than Super Sonic- he only has one attack that's capable of harming the golden rat. Classic Super Sonic is far too nimble for Giganto to hit.

Not only is Giganto monumentally slower than Super Sonic- he only has one attack that's capable of harming the golden rat. Classic Super Sonic is far too nimble for Giganto to hit.
classic super sonic is literally millions of times slower than giganto

classic super sonic is literally millions of times slower than giganto
How the hell do you figure that? He has immeasurable speed just like his Modern counterpart. It's listed like that on his profile, too.

"Should be comparable to Modern Super Sonic, as they share the same power source and fought alongside one another"

Modern Super Sonic is absolutely faster but not by several million times.

How the hell do you figure that? He has immeasurable speed just like his Modern counterpart. It's listed like that on his profile, too.

"Should be comparable to Modern Super Sonic, as they share the same power source and fought alongside one another"

Modern Super Sonic is absolutely faster but not by several million times.
the gap between forces sonic, where classic scales to, and frontiers sonic, where modern currently scales to, is in the millions, check the stat blog

the gap between forces sonic, where classic scales to, and frontiers sonic, where modern currently scales to, is in the millions, check the stat blog
Send me the scan(s) that prove that Frontiers Super Sonic is millions of times faster than his Classic self. If that's somehow true, then Classic's profile needs to be updated.

see the stat blog in the verse page
Classic Sonic gets blitzed and one-shot.
Honestly, even if that's the case, Classic Sonic manages to close the gap between himself and his modern counterpart extremely quickly, in Sonic generations, where he was at best post S3&K, he was able to fight side by side with his modern-self, who has 3 more tiers and 6 more canon games of experience

Honestly, even if that's the case, Classic Sonic manages to close the gap between himself and his modern counterpart extremely quickly, in Sonic generations, where he was at best post S3&K, he was able to fight side by side with his modern-self, who has 3 more tiers and 6 more canon games of experience
Saying that Modern Sonic is millions of times superior to his Classic self when they both use the same source and have been previously shown to be relative to each other is ******* insane. Classic Super Sonic's profile also implies that he's relative to his Modern counterpart.

Saying that Modern Sonic is millions of times superior to his Classic self when they both use the same source and have been previously shown to be relative to each other is ******* insane. Classic Super Sonic's profile also implies that he's relative to his Modern counterpart.
We treat Classic being relative to Modern as a case of AD. The reason Classic's profile doesn't reflect that is because its outdated. The official scaling blog shows the difference between the two decently well tho.

Now maybe the AD would actually come to play here to make Classic adapt to Giganto's speed and AP, after all he did caught up to Modern Sonic somewhat in Generations

I'd say Generations proves that Classic isn't vastly inferior to Modern, plus AD means he'll catch up.

Also he IIRC has other stat boosters

If Classic's Super Form = Modern's Super Form in Generations, then Generations! Classic Sonic should be equal to Generations! Modern Sonic in their bases.

If Classic's Super Form = Modern's Super Form in Generations, then Generations! Classic Sonic should be equal to Generations! Modern Sonic in their bases.
frontiers shows that super forms get stronger proportionally to the base state of the one using them, sonic's past self being as strong as his current self is impossible

frontiers shows that super forms get stronger proportionally to the base state of the one using them, sonic's past self being as strong as his current self is impossible
How much stronger is BoS Frontiers Sonic compared to Forces anyway? By the time he's fighting Giganto he doesn't have his 4x attack bonus from Level 99 stats and he's limited to only a few skills.

Exactly, so since Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic had equal Super Forms in Generations, their Bases should be comparable.

How much stronger is BoS Frontiers Sonic compared to Forces anyway? By the time he's fighting Giganto he doesn't have his 4x attack bonus from Level 99 stats and he's limited to only a few skills.
compare classic's tier, small star level, to frontiers sonic's tier, multi-solar system level, tell me, which one is bigger?

Exactly, so since Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic had equal Super Forms in Generations, their Bases should be comparable.

small star level vs Multi-Solar system level..............are you really suggesting that sonic never grew in power in the series at all?

compare classic's tier, small star level, to frontiers sonic's tier, multi-solar system level, tell me, which one is bigger?

small star level vs Multi-Solar system level..............are you really suggesting that sonic never grew in power in the series at all?
No, I'm saying that Generations! Classic Sonic should instead scale to Modern Sonic

Literally what the hell are you talking about? I never even implied that. All I said is that Sonic did not grow millions of times stronger from Forces to Frontiers, especially early on. Forces Modern and Classic Sonic should be relative to each other anyway since they fight alongside each other in the final boss and are equally important in the Triple Boost. BoS Frontiers Sonic > Forces Sonic but not by millions of times.

This doesn't make sense when they both have comparable power in super form, if we're really working with super form being a multiplier, Classic Sonic should also be Solar Multi-system.

To clear up confusion. Generations and onwards Classic Sonic IS comparable to Modern Sonic. Classic Sonic has cracked AD and became comparable, albeit still inferior since he lacks things like the boost, homing attack, etc.

Classic Sonic BEFORE Generations is the one who's billions of times weaker. I'm assuming this match-up was between OG Classic Sonic. Not post generations Classic Sonic. Even if this was Forces Classic Sonic, I'd still put my money on Giganto. Modern Sonic is still superior in experience, skill, and most importantly in abilities. Modern Sonic has a LOT more moves than Classic Sonic does in Frontiers. And even then Sonic wasn't 100% sure he could beat the Titans. Let alone a nerfed Sonic (Classic Sonic). If even Modern Sonic can nearly be killed by the Titans, then Classic Sonic surely will.

To clear up confusion. Generations and onwards Classic Sonic IS comparable to Modern Sonic. Classic Sonic has cracked AD and became comparable, albeit still inferior since he lacks things like the boost, homing attack, etc.

Classic Sonic BEFORE Generations is the one who's billions of times weaker. I'm assuming this match-up was between OG Classic Sonic. Not post generations Classic Sonic. Even if this was Forces Classic Sonic, I'd still put my money on Giganto. Modern Sonic is still superior in experience, skill, and most importantly in abilities. Modern Sonic has a LOT more moves than Classic Sonic does in Frontiers. And even then Sonic wasn't 100% sure he could beat the Titans. Let alone a nerfed Sonic (Classic Sonic). If even Modern Sonic can nearly be killed by the Titans, then Classic Sonic surely will.
Sonic being unsure he can beat the titans is irrelevant when he consistently stomps them canonically. Modern Sonic is superior in every way as you said, sure, but that doesn't mean that Giganto will win. Level 1 Super Sonic is capable of dispatching Giganto in less than 2 minutes by abusing Cyloop and Stomp Attack. No reason that Classic Sonic couldn't chip away at Giganto and eventually come out with a win. Not to mention that Super Sonic is invulnerable to all but one of Giganto's attacks.

Sonic being unsure he can beat the titans is irrelevant when he consistently stomps them canonically. Modern Sonic is superior in every way as you said, sure, but that doesn't mean that Giganto will win. Level 1 Super Sonic is capable of dispatching Giganto in less than 2 minutes by abusing Cyloop and Stomp Attack. No reason that Classic Sonic couldn't chip away at Giganto and eventually come out with a win. Not to mention that Super Sonic is invulnerable to all but one of Giganto's attacks.
Sonic stomping them is ONLY in-game. We don't get to see cutscenes. The very fact Sonic can be one-shot by Titans in-game if you **** up a quick-time event should make that obvious.

And a level 1 Super Sonic in Frontiers is still SIGNIFICANTLY much of a better fighter than Classic. If Giganto can catch and kill Modern Super Sonic, he WILL beat Classic Super Sonic.

Sonic stomping them is ONLY in-game. We don't get to see cutscenes. The very fact Sonic can be one-shot by Titans in-game if you **** up a quick-time event should make that obvious.
To support this, we have stuff like Tails being unsure that Super Sonic could beat Knight.

Yes Sonic was weakened but not by a huge amount.

Yeah, looking at Classic's profile, he doesn't seem to have any AP amps, though he could speed blitz Giganto with his speed amps and just do "Speed Amps + AD"

Maybe do Hyper Classic Sonic vs either a weakened TE or one of the Titans

I just want to point out that everytime Modern Super Sonic gets into clashes with the Titans he visibly struggles to overpower them, I seriously doubt Classic Super Sonic can do that since he's much weaker.

Yeah, looking at Classic's profile, he doesn't seem to have any AP amps, though he could speed blitz Giganto with his speed amps and just do "Speed Amps + AD"

Maybe do Hyper Classic Sonic vs either a weakened TE or one of the Titans
Tbf, if amps alone were enough to win, Modern Super Sonic should've negged. He can boost and that's not enough for him to easily clap the Titans. Does make dodging their attacks easy tho.

Tbf, if amps alone were enough to win, Modern Super Sonic should've negged. He can boost and that's not enough for him to easily clap the Titans. Does make dodging their attacks easy tho.
Yeah but Classic can dodge their attacks with amps and wear them down.

Not saying he wins, just a wincon.

Can a Titan even be worn down? They're robots powered by Cyberspace or smth, no?
I meant in terms of health, like what Modern Sonic did in the games.

But yeah, Giganto might be slow as **** compared to Modern Super Sonic but he could still tag him, so yeah, he could still tag Classic Sonic and then kill Classic Sonic with the swallowing move due to superior LS.

Voting Giganto

Back