• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Sandstorm: Mastering the Perils of Fire and Sand Page 164 gave us Giant Banded Lizard so we should add it to the page (Also all scans are from said page)

Stats:
AP, Durability and Striking Strength: 9-A as it's CR 7
Speed: Subsonic for same reason
LS: Class 50 due to having a strength score of 28 and being quadrpet (Means he can bloodly push around 32658.651 kg)

Powers:
Large Size (Can grow up to 30 feet)
Natural Weaponry (Shown here)
Poison Manipulation (Shown here)
Enhanced Senses (Has low light vision and enhanced sense of smell)
Martial Arts (Via Improved Grab and Improved Overrun)

Last edited:
Can't say anything about the Stats part.

The power part seems good, with similar with what happened with the displacer beast, we can't give Martial Arts to creatures capable to trap foes with their jaws or similar appendages, or if their strength and size makes it relative ease to knock prone foes.

The power part seems good, with similar with what happened with the displacer beast, we can't give Martial Arts to creatures capable to trap foes with their jaws or similar appendages, or if their strength and size makes it relative ease to knock prone foes.
What, wasn't it agreed Displacer Beasts have Martial Arts
Plus Improved Grab lets them start a grab without provoking an attack like a regular grapple attemp would which I fail to see how it would relate to them just having jaws so
Improve Overrun also robs them from trying to dodge your overrun like they'd be normall be able to which again doesn't relate to size and would probably be a skill thing considering not all Large creatures get it so

Same, I can't say anything about the stats.

Is it just long or even tall? I don't know if length alone counts as large size. It would be class 0, btw.

I have some doubts on Martial Arts, many animals are pretty used to perform grapples, but that doesn't mean they are martial artists.

Is it just long or even tall? I don't know if length alone counts as large size. It would be class 0, btw.
Eh I think length
I have some doubts on Martial Arts, many animals are pretty used to perform grapples, but that doesn't mean they are martial artists.
What animals?
Also I'd imagine if regularly you'd get counter attacked when trying a grapple and this animal can do it without getting attacked it'd be above said animals so, and how do you explain Improved Overrun?

Many predators try to restrain their prey and pin them down to bite and kill them, snakes envelop their victims, I think primates also do that, birds of prey clench their claws on their victims and so on, even some insects I think.
This Lizard also seems to have a bite-based grapple, which is something done by crocodiles, some dogs, sharks and more.

Grabbing your prey and preventing it to escape is, like, basic stuff a predator does with anything they can, paws, tentacles, claws, fangs and more.

For instance, Improved Grab is something that animals like crocodiles and lions have in DnD.

Improved Overrun is kind of a NLF cuz it denies the target the capability of dodging; although one can say that someone with Improved Overrun is better at overrunning than animals such elephants and bisons (as they do not possesses this feat).

Okay so Improved Grab in this context ain'y Martial Arts, but I think it's fair to have Improved Overrun as that since as Anton mentioned it ends as being better then elephants and bisons who are pretty good at that anyways due to their size so

Is that a form of charge? It still isn't martial arts, it's just a big animal running over you. Those two things are "normal" ways to attack someone.

I don't know, the Large Size page seems to specifically talk about height.

Is Giant Lizard's height proportional to its length in some way? Or is it just very long?

Welp, it weights 20% more than an adult elephant (assuming it measures in short tons), so unless it has an unusual density, it should be kind of bulky.

It's classified as Huge too and iirc we already give Large category in D&D type 0

As long as it reaches 5 meters, then it can have large size, I don't know if it can be compared to other creatures or if "Huge" has a minimal requirement.

I mean elephents are classified as Huge and this lizard is way longer then an elephent so

Large Size is fine. It's 30 feet long, it meets the requirement, length is just height laying down smh. Martial Arts is rejected which is fine, I think that's fair, other abilities look fine.

yep, go nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back