• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getting Zelda to FTL

Hello there, I am new here, and I would like to start with some positive insight or how should I say it hehe. I've been meaning to join for a while but was always so scared and lurked from afar sorry about that, I am familiar with the system here so I will begin with my arguement.

Anyhow, I have 2 possible ways to upgrade Zelda to FTL, I have already executed one possiblity, the second one is out of my reach I am afraid.

20180513 001
First is this, Ganon casually walking past light arrows, note that this was tested by myself and I have indeed z targeted him.

Second way is a bit more difficult, see... We all know in A link between worlds Ganon can use a dash attack and that light arrows must hit him from behind, so in summary if we were to compare his dash and light arrow at the Sam time and if he were able to outrun it, it would be a solid FTL feat, unfortunately I am incapable of getting proof so this is only an idea that someone may use for later.

I hope this helped

I'm not that familiar with zelda on this wiki but I do know that things like light arrows aren't aways taken as real light if there inconsistent with it.

I wouldn't say so my friend, I think light arrows that are from Ocarina of time and Majora's mask are not real, they only appear to be enchanted, while Arrows from wind waker show signs of being light, so do the one from A link between worlds, and the arrows from BOTW are stated to be pure light.

The first point can't be accepted as you can't canonically get the Light Bow before the fight against Dark Beast (there are other issues as well, but this is the major one). And no, the Twilight Bow (which I guess is the one you used) isn't canon as you can get it only via Amiibo. But the second point could actually be a speed upgrade, just ask a calc member to calc it (as it was already accepted that ALBW Light Arrows are actually light-speed.

TriforcePower1 said:
The first point can't be accepted as you can't canonically get the Light Bow before the fight against Dark Beast (there are other issues as well, but this is the major one). And no, the Twilight Bow (which I guess is the one you used) isn't canon as you can get it only via Amiibo. But the second point could actually be a speed upgrade, just ask a calc member to calc it (as it was already accepted that ALBW Light Arrows are actually light-speed.
Who should I request that to?

I didn't know about the feat about YuGanon outpacing the light arrow, but seems like a legit FTL feat. We did have discussions about Light Arrows being lightspeed, which it turns out they are.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I didn't know about the feat about YuGanon outpacing the light arrow, but seems like a legit FTL feat. We did have discussions about Light Arrows being lightspeed, which it turns out they are.
Which Light arrows would be acceptable as light? I do know that Arrows form Ocarina od time and majoras mask are only powered by light. I might be able to dig up some more feats

There was a statement about "Pure Light", it also reflects of mirrors and replaces sunlight. Switches activated by sunlight but not other forms of light such as fire are activated by light arrows. Also fires in a strait line; well aware that arrows in general due in the N64 games, but in Breath of the Wild, arrows have limited range due to its "realism" yet the Light Bow still fires arrows that fire in a strait line and unaffected by gravity.

Alright, thanks a lot DarkDragonMedeus, I will try to scavenge for more information, Kepekley23 is unsure whether outpacing a light arrow would be applicable due to cinematic time rule, should I ask more people for their opinion? It may help solve the dilemma?

I propose an alternative that gets LoZ to FTL, which also comes from Breath of the Wild. If the laser fired by the Guardians are lightspeed, then the lightning in the game is technically FTL. Just compare the frame rates of a laser travelling to that of the in-game lightning. When using Flurry Rush, Link can actually perceive this lightning moving in slow motion (it's super cool to witness happen). Shouldn't that yield an FTL speed rating in regards of Flurry Rush? Additionally, if Link is listed as Relativistic for dodging Guardian lasers, Flurry Rush was calculated to be almost 20 times faster than normal Link, which might bring Link up to FTL.

Also, I'll have more details pertaining to these statements in another post if you want clarity in regards of certain claims.

Well, not sure if we treat guardian lasers as real light; and actually it was the Beamos Beams that look more like real lasers. I know Guardians are similar, but not sure if their lasers show the same properties of light. But it's not an impossibility.

MaverickIsTheHype said:
I propose an alternative that gets LoZ to FTL, which also comes from Breath of the Wild. If the laser fired by the Guardians are lightspeed, then the lightning in the game is technically FTL. Just compare the frame rates of a laser travelling to that of the in-game lightning. When using Flurry Rush, Link can actually perceive this lightning moving in slow motion (it's super cool to witness happen). Shouldn't that yield an FTL speed rating in regards of Flurry Rush? Additionally, if Link is listed as Relativistic for dodging Guardian lasers, Flurry Rush was calculated to be almost 20 times faster than normal Link, which might bring Link up to FTL.

Also, I'll have more details pertaining to these statements in another post if you want clarity in regards of certain claims.
Could you post the flurry rush lightning thing?

But Flurry rush would only apply to link, which would make everything else Inconsistent, and IMO, Flurry rush might be some kind of time manipulation, but that's just what I think

Flurry Rush is Link perception/high reaction speeds; not time hax. And it's true that Link is more agile than Zelda or Ganondorf, but they aren't like overwhelmingly slower. Then again, that depends on the incarnation of Link, Ganon, or Zelda.

Y'know, in hindsight, we could always pull a Touhou and measure the speeds of other things (most specifically, Guardian Lasers) to the Light Arrows and see how fast they move.

@TfP. The Twilight Bow being DLC/Amiibo based doesn't matter. It's still one of the many weapons Link acquires during his journeys. With that logic, any optional weapon would be removed from Links' (notice the placement of the apostrophe, as I'm talking about all Links) arsenal.

That said, what's above sounds like pretty good feats that I can get behind.

Same here, I'm good at math and I am a scientist, but Cinematic timeframe, pixel scaling, and screen resolution (that last thing especially) pretty much throw me off.

I'm 99% sure we rejected guardian lasers being light speed, for reasons like the fact that it explodes (it should pierce iirc), and that Link can deflect it with pot lids (yeah, thanks to Mipha's diary, that's canon).

We can't scale Yuga Ganon's movement to the arrow's, since he only starts to move after the arrow disappears. That'd violate CT.

He only starts to move when arrow disappears?

Well, I'm no expert on CT, but that sounds like a game mechanic to me, he probably does not move for game progression reasons or something similar.

Back