• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It has been bugging me for quite a while that Jean's scaling is based upon her defeating 5 Ruin Guards as something that puts her over a Fatui Harbinger.
I was looking for cutscenes of Jean fighting and so on, but her feat comes from a quote of hers telling that she had to fight against 5 Ruin Guards to protect people from Mondstadt, but just that. We don't know how the fight went on and how much time it took her to defeat them.

In Tartaglia's case, we see him transforming into Foul Legacy to defeat four of them, yes, but that's in a more especific context:

First, he had one minute to defeat 4 Ruin Guards to protect Teucer's innocence (the boy thought Ruin Guards are heroes and that the laboratory was a toy factory) and he was pretty weakened from being injured both for fighting against the Traveler and having used Foul Legacy during that fight. We should assume that he was fighting alone, as we see him defeating a Ruin Guard while the Traveler was protecting Teucer during the countdown. He defeated them in base form, using only Hydro Vision powers in 50 seconds.

Then, Tartaglia asked Teucer to count 10 more seconds as 3 more Ruin Guards spawned. And it's then that he uses Foul Legacy while in a weakened state to wipe out the Guards so Teucer doesn't get desillusioned, defeating them in 8 seconds, the last 2 seconds used both for arranging 6 of the defeated Ruin Guards for Teucer and hiding himself from him. A feat that amazed both the Traveler and Paimon, the latter saying that "the way he knocked those Ruin Guards around was like they really were kids' toys".

So, we have Tartaglia, weakened from a fight-to-death + strain after a Power Up, beating 4 Ruin Guards in 50 seconds in base form, only using Hydro Vision. Then, in 8 seconds, weakened, he stomped 3 Ruin Guards while in Foul Legacy, which amazed a Traveler who had already fought against it AND not exactly defeated, but survived until the FL strain was too much for Tartaglia to bear.

We know about how Tartaglia battling the Ruin Guards went on, but bot about Jean's. And while Tartaglia was really weakened, we should assume Jean was in top condition during her fight.

So Jean's scaling above Tartaglia is not a good scaling, as the conditions were not the same and we only know that Jean fought against 5 Ruin Guards, not how did she fight them and defeated them.

Jean should scale around those who fought against Dvalin during Mondstadt's final chapter, being that fight Jean's greatest feat in all her appearances, and I should even add that poisoned Stormterror's 8-B Tier (and Andrius') isn't really appropiate, but that's for another post.

I am working on revision of every mid tiers scaling. Jean will scale to from the Travelers statement of being the strongest in Mondstandt + fighting Dvalin

Bruh

Tbh I was gonna say Jean scales because she was able to beat a Ruin Guard in a few slashes (Klee Story Quest), so we'd know how well she'd handle five of them thus making the reasoning in this OP assumption wrong about it being unquantifiable, was there a counterarguement for this mentioned in that thread?

Bruh

Tbh I was gonna say Jean scales because she was able to beat a Ruin Guard in a few slashes (Klee Story Quest), so we'd know how well she'd handle five of them thus making the reasoning in this OP assumption wrong about it being unquantifiable, was there a counterarguement for this mentioned in that thread?
It wasnt, but thats not really the point. Tartaglia was still weakened at the time and only got 10 seconds to fight and still easily dispatched of the Ruin Guards, so scaling Jean to him is flimsy at best because both of their feats against the RGs were casual and dont represent their full strength. Also Jean being above Childe kinda breaks the scaling chain cause even base Childe was comparable to Liyue Traveler, who is far stronger than his Mondstandt self, who in turn is comparable to Jean

It wasnt, but thats not really the point. Tartaglia was still weakened at the time and only got 10 seconds to fight and still easily dispatched of the Ruin Guards, so scaling Jean to him is flimsy at best because both of their feats against the RGs were casual and dont represent their full strength. Also Jean being above Childe kinda breaks the scaling chain cause even base Childe was comparable to Liyue Traveler, who is far stronger than his Mondstandt self, who in turn is comparable to Jean
Oh oki. Tbh I always found it cringe that Monstat was so behind but oh well. I'm planning a small CRT myself but idk if it's too early for it since it's a universal thing

Back