• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genji Lifting Strength Upgrade

By using Genji's Deflect, he can reflect all projectiles in 2 seconds.

Bastion fires his minigun in 1800 rounds per minute, Genji is able to deflect 60 rounds right back at Bastion. Each round Bastion fires is flying at 3304 joules (average minigun), so in order for Genji to stop a bullet, he would need to cancel out the energy of the oncoming bullet, as such he would need to swing his wakizashi at 3304 joules of energy as well, he would need to swing his 1 pound (455 grams) wakizashi at 119 meters per second. In order to deflect the bullet however, he would need to swing his sword at twice the energy at 6608 joules. Genji would need to swing his wakizashi at 169m/s, or 378 miles per hour, in order to deflect ONE bullet.

An entire enemy team of Bastions would fire at 360 rounds per 2 seconds (6 Bastions). In order for Genji to deflect all those bullets, he would need to block the first bullet by accelerating his sword at 378 miles per hour, and within 5 milliseconds stop and accelerate in the opposite direction at 378 miles per hour and so on. Within those 2 seconds, his sword would be pulling over 6226.6gs. His 1 pound wakizashi would weigh over 6000 pounds, or the weight of an adolescent elephant.

Props to ShoddyCast for the calculations, just wanted to see if this would be accepted.

...If he can block 6 Bastions at once then this calc would actually have a result 6 times higher, making Genji's casual sword swings mach 36...

Huh, didn't even think of a speed upgrade as well.

It's possible, considering Bastions were mass produced during the Omnic Crisis.

Not sure whether to count this as game mechanics or not to be honest.

However, it's not particularly outlier-y per say, given that Doomfist can knock over a skyscraper.

Well, what i was looking at more was the fact that Blue's calc for Genji should be 6 times higher due to being able to block fire from 6 Bastions at once, not just one

@Weekly

Which is consistent with Soldier 76's grenade dodging feat and Tracer's Pulse Bomb dodging feat.

Eeyup

Thing is when the electricity speed revision goes through they'll be MHS+ scaling from Doomfist avoiding Winston's Tesla Coil from poing blank range.

@Weekly

I was under the impression that man-made electricity was Mach 1.6 or something, or was this changed via a discussion I had no care for because I despise math with every fiber of my being?

Yeah, it was changed, any electricity that has power comparable or superior to lightning is now considered the same or higher speed proportional to the power of the attack

Back