• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garnet (Steven Universe) Vs Princess Looma

Speed Equalized

Fight takes place in beach city afte Looma raided and destroyed "Beach Citywalk Fries"

Princess Looma has a Null Void Projector and standard equipment

I think Garnet takes this. She's a lot more versatile in her abilities like her electricity manipulation, rocket fists, and especially her future vision to help her predict certain attacks. So overall I give it to Garnet.

They're comparable in AP (their feats are like, just a few dozen megatons apart) but Garnet has Regen and higher stamina; Null Void Projector could be a problem, but Garnet could see that coming with Precog and just break it before she uses it. Outside of that, Garnet is just more skilled overall.

Garnet: (8 votes, Gojira, Cinna, Paulo, Weekly, pen, Sir, Dusty, Junko)

Looma: (0 votes)

That's grace bois. I miss the times when decisive matches could be immediately added.

Is this not considered stomp since Superhuman Physical Characteristics and shockwaves is litterally all Looma has?

Not really, it's entirely feasible for a character with less abilities to beat a character with more abilities. For example Connie beat several characters who have more powers than her. There's more to a character than just how many powers they have.

Yeah but Connie's sword covers up most of her body so she can block easier and she's been trained by Pearl who has thousands of years of fighting experience which I'm gonna assume is more experiance than most 9-B characters.

How much fighting experience does Looma have? If it's higher than Garnets then that could make it more fair. Does Looma have any chance of winning this fight at all? I still think Garnet will be most likely to win tho FRA.

[Edited for minor typing errors]

There's a difference between decisive fights and stomps. If you told me she had no wincon and/or it's helpless to do anything agaisnt Garnet, that'd be different.

Oh.

Well then. Judging by that weapon's page, it doesn't seem like she uses it. Hmmm... Is there anyway of knowing how likely is she to use it then? But yeah like you said Future Vision and fighting experience could give her a chance to dodge it.

It doesn't matter how likely she is to use it, the mere fact she has the option to use it means it isn't a stomp. The difference between stomps and decisives is not about "would", it's about "could".

If it was an astronomical chance though, it could be counted as a stomp. But Garnet is not gonna kill her in seconds and she has time to think and decide she may need to use it that way. Is better than "character has a ton of abilities and only one works, and he dies if he doesn't use that right away".

I'm saying under what conditions it would be. She has time to see she's overpowered and think of using BFR, is just unlikely she does before Garnet overtakes her.

If Garnet nearly one shotted in barely any hits not giving her time to do anything except use BFR on turn one, which she will never do, ID actually call that a stomp. It leans way close to "astronomical chance of winning".

Heck, she's not even overpowered here,their AP is extremelly close, with Looma having the slight advantage; she lost because of skill, stamina and precog.

Back