• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ganon's time resistance

to quote the sentence off his page:

Time Stop (Albeit a limited resistance, he broke free of the time stop that was placed upon Hyrule by the goddesses, but did so over the course of centuries)

I'll keep this shit as short as possible

This thig has always seemed wrong to me for many reasons, first of all this is not a resistance, he has been immediately sealed, no where does it say he resisted it, there is no reason to assume he did, now my main point is that this is not a resistance, because he did not resist the ability in the first place but broke free from it after it had already affected him and held onto him for a really really long ass time. This to me seems a lot less of a resistance and more like Reactive Evolution of some sort.

So yeah just keepin this shit short af and lemme see in the comments below whatyalll think of this

The real cal howard said:
If he grew to have a resistance to it, it'd still wind up being a resistance in the long run.
Im pretty sure one of the gold saints from SS can develop resistances to hax and is labeled as reactive evolution. If he had the resistances in the First pla─ìe he would not have Been stuck there for so long.

"Can develop resistances to hax" as a general thing is not something Ganondorf can do, it's something he did once, and after centuries. Anyone can resist hax after getting affected by it, that's not any power beyond the resistance to the specific power.

Think of any hax and try saying that Ganondorf can develop a resistance to it, it sounds fallacious, does it not?

Eficiente said:
"Can develop resistances to hax" as a general thing is not something Ganondorf can do, it's something he did once, and after centuries. Anyone can resist hax after getting affected by it, that's not any power beyond the resistance to the specific power.

Think of any hax and try saying that Ganondorf can develop a resistance to it, it sounds fallacious, does it not?
Breaking out of Hax = Resisting Hax

FE: getting caught in an illusion and breaking out is not resistance, it should not have affected or should have been significantly more difficult to use it on someone with resistance

if he was trapped for so long he obviously did not have any form of resistance whatsoever, he got this eventually and used it to escape.

"Anyone can resist hax after getting affected by it"

No they actually can't unless they have shown resistance. Ganon had no resistance to it, if he had, it would not have taken him centuries to break out.

Your logic is, he has resistance but he has decided to wait for a couple of 100 years before using it, while mine is that the reason he was trapped for so long was because he did not have resistance in the first place but has developed it over the course of centuries.

"as a general thing is not something Ganondorf can do"

Whoah really convincing, how many characters have abilities that they've only used once and still have them and are used in debates? Literally 90% of characters here are like that. these are just double standards, it does not matter how many times he used it, he did it and that is what matters

Konaguna said:
Breaking out of Hax = Resisting Hax

FE: getting caught in an illusion and breaking out is not resistance, it should not have affected or should have been significantly more difficult to use it on someone with resistance

if he was trapped for so long he obviously did not have any form of resistance whatsoever, he got this eventually and used it to escape.

"Anyone can resist hax after getting affected by it"

No they actually can't unless they have shown resistance. Ganon had no resistance to it, if he had, it would not have taken him centuries to break out.

Your logic is, he has resistance but he has decided to wait for a couple of 100 years before using it, while mine is that the reason he was trapped for so long was because he did not have resistance in the first place but has developed it over the course of centuries.

"as a general thing is not something Ganondorf can do"

Whoah really convincing, how many characters have abilities that they've only used once and still have them and are used in debates? Literally 90% of characters here are like that. these are just double standards, it does not matter how many times he used it, he did it and that is what matters
Depends on the hax, if due to it you should not be able to break free from it and you do, then you resist it

As it apparently wasn't clear enough I meant characters doing stuff in fiction, as in writers doing whatever they want.

Doesn't matter as anti-feats still are a thing, what you imply is something that would kick in when needed after the same timeframe, which Ganon didn't use when he was sealed for that long.

I think that Eficiente seems to make sense.

@Efficiente

Your comment is all over the place and I can't even tell what you are addressing.

Once you're put under hax you're put under hax. The main point of resistance is to either mitigate the effect of hax or evade it entirely. Some hax like soul rape is an offensive skill, and not resisting it would mean your death, now Timestop is a hax that you either fall victim to or resist it's effect right afterwards.

Now ganon was sealed there for a very long, and if he had resistance he would not have been sealed in the first place and would simply walk out immediately. The Story clearly indicates that he had nothing to help himself, but then he gained that and escaped, and I honestly fail too se how this is hard to understand.

And besides, what anti feats are you talking about? This is minor reactive evolution we are talking about. Ganon does not have any other feats that would contradict RE, in fact there are even more supportive feats due to him breaking out of seals after a long time. Most of the time he did not even need to use it because he was already dead and needed an xternal source for his rebirthing

Language, I'm pretty sure that falls into what we were told not to say. The first argument is single minded as all hell, "you either fall victim to or resist it's effect right afterwards" is how things work in the practice for normal characters, others may show their resistance after a while for a number of reasons.

The second part says nothing.

"And besides, what anti feats are you talking about?" from the guy who said "Whoah really convincing, how many characters have abilities that they've only used once and still have them and are used in debates? Literally 90% of characters here are like that.", the anti-feats thing was kind of a reply to that. The rest I already gave my reasons to disagree with, so other users may opinate.

Well, we need more input from staff and knowledgeable members here.

@Efficiente

A number of Reasons? can you name me a reason why he would wait centuries to activate his resistance? I don't think that is in his character or was part of some greater plan at all.

Ganon has in fact never been in a situation like this before, and nothing really contradicts that he has RE. I mean with Time, Ganon ahs shown that he simply can not be held in place anymore, it's quite common for him to do so.

And lets get something clear, this is RE over a very long period of time, it's neither a major powerful ability nor is it useful in combat, which the canon source itself shows.

I personally don't mind limited reactive evolution instead of resistance.

Back