• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gabimaru doesnt fear the reaper

That's the funny thing about Reaper Leviathans. What ******* weak points.

As is stated by a PDA that scans on the Cellular level, it's basically all Muscle, Synapses, and Teeth. Very little brain even.
63B19886-B019-4589-A37A-2B9C31C4A85C-1378x1200.jpeg

In case you wanted the entry

From what I recall, it basically uses its entire body to move so... really it's basically one big damage sponge
It's a fish. It doesn't have limbs, so of course it's movement is via it's entire body or it's core strength, but if you tear off it's fins it won't be able to swim.

It's a fish. It doesn't have limbs, so of course it's movement is via it's entire body or it's core strength, but if you tear off it's fins it won't be able to swim.
That's pretty damn hard on a 4x or so AP gap, against a literal see monster.

I know these guys can swim, but 20 meters a second swim?

Plus, the thing doesn't seem to have any form of regeneration so even if it doesn't need eyes, or uh... anything, to live, it still needs blood. It will bleed out.

Plus, the thing doesn't seem to have any form of regeneration so even if it doesn't need eyes, or uh... anything, to live, it still needs blood. It will bleed out.
Yeah, somehow one Marguerit Maida killed one over time with nothing but a piece of scrap metal, though she was taken deep into the Void in doing so

Quite a while is quite ambiguous. The average Iwagakure Shinobi can stay awake for 10 days straight, and Gabimaru is stupidly above most, if not all Iwagakure Ninja by far. Along with that, proper manipulation of his Tao makes it so that he's incapable of getting tired unless drained of Tao.

So, he has a while.

I got tagged but I didn't get notified by the tag, but here I am anyway.

The average Iwagakure Shinobi can stay awake for 10 days straight,

Reapers seem to be active all the time regardless of day and night, but it's hard to compare that with "staying awake for 10 days straight" since that's not really combat appliccable.

Admittedly, the one that kept fighting Margerit had one eye removed out of its socket and another damn near carved out. As noted by Marg: wounded, but still very deadly. Marg was using (according to Bart Torgal who saw the beginning of that fight) a jagged piece of scrap metal, and initially Marg had managed to pierce the Reaper's neck, but it managed to shake her off and keep on fighting (leading to the eye stabbing).

It took about four minutes for her to kill him (all the oxygen she had left), and she implies she did so by carving a hole through its ribcage while it was blinded and spiraling deeper into the water, in a rare showing of intelligence where the Reaper was attempting to drown its prey.

It's a fish. It doesn't have limbs
I mean, it's an alien sea creature, not a regular fish, so it does have limbs... Those spider legs it calls a face :p (which are pretty strong since they can tear through reinforced titanium without much of an issue)

Reaper scales around 320 MJ while Gabi scales about 50 MJ (in a combined effort with another character) or 77 MJ, so the Reaper is over 4 times stronger and tougher at least, or over 6 times at most (if not more).

It's also far superior LS-wise considering Reapers can easily shove around 54 m-long late 22nd century subs made mostly out of titanium (way out of date similarly sized submarines weigh many hundreds of tonnes), while Gabi is a 3-tonner (not much stronger than the Reaper's usual brand of prey, funnily enough).

Gabi is clearly smarter by virtue of Reapers being little more than mindless brutes but this is a pretty relentless killing machine that attacks just about anything in sight and can only be warded off with some food, a tactic that only temporarily works and that I don't think Gabi would use. Smaller size should help him the same way it did Margerit... but Margerit had equipment that allowed her to fight well underwater, which Gabi lacks.

I don't think pressure points would work given its alien physiology, not just alien in the extraterrestrial sense but the fact that this is an animal unlike any Gabi has encountered (unless he's encountered some other oarfish-serpent-spider-shark thingy in his story). Same would go for all those martial arts skills made to combat humans and not sea monsters from outer space.

I reckon Gabi can dodge around for a bit after surviving the initial 10 m assault (a 10 meter distance between a Reaper and a man-sized prey item is extremely small considering the Reaper is 55 m long and its face claws can extend far more than 10 meters, even when they aren't extended they're about 14-ish meters, so Gabi is pretty much right in front of the Reaper's face as if he's basically been dropped into a tank just to feed the giant predator), and may get a few good hits in thanks to his smaller size, but it won't result in lasting enough damage (considering how Reapers seem to ignore most kinds of external damage) and he's eventually going to be shaken off if he holds onto any of its fins and I don't think Gabi can endlessly hold his breath to survive a fight reaching the deeper parts of the Dunes (which are 400 meters down).

Gabi's eventually going to have to come up for air and potentially get impaled by the Reaper's spider-like mandibles or rammed and hit by the thing's horn portrusion after taking far stronger impacts than anything Gabi's endured. His techniques don't really work against something like a Reaper (I'd reckon especially since they're fighting underwater), while the beast is very much in its element and able to use it to its advantage.

Before i say anything in response to that it should now probably be specified whether or not this is pre or post-Tao Gabimaru.

bheGs3N.png

Im kinda rusty with Jigoku, but iirc, those mindless being on the island were stated to have little amount of Tao. Chapter 41 btw
I'm pretty sure that's talking about the Pressure Points aspect of utilizing Tao- Seeing the "Waves" of one's Tao allows you to see weak points you didn't even know were there.

It's how Shugen literally punched off a Soshin's head.

Son. "They cleave through to a beings very soul" is pretty blatant. And we know for a fact that Tao Soul *****. And i think waves is just the way he named Tao tbh, so striking with Tao kills by attacking the very soul.

Son. "They cleave through to a beings very soul" is pretty blatant. And we know for a fact that Tao Soul *****.
I know that Tao Soul *****, Witch. I'm not saying it doesn't. But that is for beings with literally ZERO Tao or protection.

Zhu Jin literally slammed a ball of Tao into Gabimaru's stomach and it didn't immediately shatter his soul because he was protected by miniscule Tao subconsciously. You'd have to argue the Reaper Leviathan has literally little to no Tao to argue Tao infused attacks would shatter its Soul.

And I know that Tao protects from Tao. But okay, lets assume having baseline amount of Tao is enough to protect from a Tao attack, Tao eats up Tao, so Gabi is killing it in a couple hits. Not much of a difference tbh.

And I know that Tao protects from Tao. But okay, lets assume having baseline amount of Tao is enough to protect from a Tao attack, Tao eats up Tao, so Gabi is killing it in a couple hits. Not much of a difference tbh.
Tao eats up the user's own Tao, not the Tao of the person it's hitting-

Honestly, though, if we're going to assume that Tao does just soul **** and ends the fight, we can use Pre-Tao Gabi. I think he's more interesting to debate anyway.
On unrelated note, is the forum ******** itself for you guys as well.
Yeah it's been moving really slow for me.
Im fairly certain its a two way street, but what do I know, you are the guy who reworks the page so I will just take your word for it.
I mean yeah, it is definitely a two way street so you're not wrong.

Back