• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Or that it has lightspeed since its might, and gets faster and more luminous depending on one's ki.
which could be wrong or right.
also lasers in db travel in a straight line and melts stuff, but I don't think it's enough, I could be wrong

Or that it has lightspeed since its might, and gets faster and more luminous depending on one's ki.
That's what I was thinking
also lasers in db travel in a straight line and melts stuff, but I don't think it's enough, I could be wrong
The melting thing isn't anymore a justification & travelling in straight lines is more so secondary proof. But when the series has other relativistic-ftl feats then there's less of a burden of proof for LS laser

Last edited:
How do you catch a FTL and MFTL+ character off-guard with a lightspeed attack?
That would be like a normal human trying to surprise a bullet-timer with a punch to his face. The punch is a slug to them.
These Cell Saga and Super era characters would see a lightspeed attack as though a video was buffering.

That would be like a normal human trying to surprise a bullet-timer with a punch to his face. The punch is a slug to them.
These Cell Saga and Super era characters would see a lightspeed attack as though a video was buffering
Fluffy said that the "light" speed scales to the users ki
So a mftl character in theory would have a mftl solar flare

Can't believe people are seriously discussing this still.

This is the only relevant factor IMO:

We are never shown Goku actually reacting or outspeeding the Solar Flare, he could've grabbed Roshi’s glasses while Tien’s was preparing the technique. Doesn’t matter whether the calc’s math is right or wrong, the feat isn’t valid.

That's what I was thinking

The melting thing isn't anymore a justification & travelling in straight lines is more so secondary proof. But when the series has other relativistic-ftl feats then there's less of a burden of proof for LS laser
And plus, DB has many other faster-than-light technology, such as the machines they use for space travel. So laser in db are: They travel in a straight lines, they come from a very advanced technology that already has ffaster-Than-light, plus the verse has some sub relativistic speedz
These Cell Saga and Super era characters would see a lightspeed attack as though a video was buffering.
same as how A blade can cut frieza, they enhance it with ki.

Can't believe people are seriously discussing this still.
angai313-spongebob-sad.gif

We are never shown Goku actually reacting or outspeeding the Solar Flare, he could've grabbed Roshi’s glasses while Tien’s was preparing the technique.
Like i say before, Tien would have notice Kid Goku moving to Roshi, as Tien its more than capable to react and follow Kid Goku when moving at super speed.

So Kid Goku speedblitz him just like that is wrong, beside that neither it was ever show Kid Goku having taken the sunglasses before Tien could have used his Solar Flare.

Like i say before, Tien would have notice Kid Goku moving to Roshi, as Tien its more than capable to react and follow Kid Goku when moving at super speed

Unless Tien just saw his afterimage.

So Kid Goku speedblitz him just like that is wrong, beside that neither it was ever show Kid Goku having taken the sunglasses before Tien could have used his Solar Flare.

It was never shown that Goku could only have started moving after the Solar Flare started too.

Unless Tien just saw his afterimage.
Tien would have also take notice that it was an afterimage and that Goku was no longer here.

And the scene doesn't show him using that technique in that case.
It was never shown that Goku could only have started moving after the Solar Flare started too.
While its true, it make less sense due of what i mention before, as we know that Goku and Tien could keep up with each other during the fight, even when moving at super speed.

So Goku somehow manage to speedblitz him right in front of him make far less sense than Goku moving after Tien used his Solar Flare.

Because then the Solar Flare would have also prevent Tien to realize that Kid Goku had the sunglasses, making him vulnerable as he wasn't expecting Goku to counter his rush.

Last edited:
While its true, it make less sense of what i mention before, as we know that Goku and Tien could keep up with each other during the fight, even when moving at super speed.

Characters blitzing each other while also being able to keep up with each other fine in other scenes is nothing new in Dragon Ball.

How do we know the speed of light is the baseline?
Because it is called "light energy"?

It is still a ki-based technique.

The Solar Flare x100 can affect targets even if they close their eyes and prevents them from utilizing Ki Sense. Real light cannot do that.
What's the deal?

If the properties of light have nothing to do with it being lightspeed (if it can be trillions of times FTL) then how do we know it is lightspeed to begin with?

How do we know the speed of light is the baseline?
Because it is called "light energy"?

It is still a ki-based technique.

The Solar Flare x100 can affect targets even if they close their eyes and prevents them from utilizing Ki Sense. Real light cannot do that.
What's the deal?
Gohan said that even with the eyes closed, he couldnt block all the light, so he still got affected by it, and this is the reason why he couldnt use ki sense.

he could not sense ki because his eyes stopped working??

For what i see, Krillin simply suppress his Ki while the Solar Flare 100x was still active, only to rush to Gohan before the latter would react.

Also, one again it is show that sunglasses still work to counter the Solar Flare.

Back