• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FTL Hazbin Hotel

first one might be a outlier as imps only have bullet feats beforehand

charlie was talking about what they were made of, being made of light doesn't always mean you move that fast, doesn't help that it might just be talking about their allignment/motivations as angels appear to be physical as well rather than energy based.

i think this one's fine since they are the god tiers of the verse, the others could maybe scale in reactions but i don't recall them fighting him when he is as serious as he was against lucifer, so maybe a "likely" or "possibly"

i think this is fine for attack speed, would help if they have been shown reacting to his beams too

charlie was talking about what they were made of, being made of light doesn't always mean you move that fast, doesn't help that it might just be talking about their allignment/motivations as angels appear to be physical as well rather than energy based.
Not to mention that when they "bleed", they release some weird yellow liquid, which I doubt it being literal light, as it'd imply that it has mass.

i think this one's fine since they are the god tiers of the verse, the others could maybe scale in reactions but i don't recall them fighting him when he is as serious as he was against lucifer, so maybe a "likely" or "possibly"
Lucifer is faster than Stolas while flying and Adam catches him several times

Also can we really just say “outlier” to Strikers feat? Imps generally dodge bullets doesnt mean they can only dodge bullets

Lucifer was also dicking around the entire fight, and we never saw Adam specifically react to Lucifer doing things he'd actually be serious about such as saving Charlotte.

As for FTL... there are 9 entire tiers of speed in-between Hypersonic+ and FTL.

I mean he was dicking around but he was still trying to dodge Adam, when Adam catches him I think you can even see Lucifer being surprised
You can dodge a guy much slower then you without going over the speed of light you know
Thats also fair, maybe it’ll only scale to Gos tiers
Yeah it ain't gonna scale to anybody lower because the the best calced feat for them is Hypersonic+ lol

How can Strike catch him when Stolas is FTL?
Per out travel speed section
If a character travels or flies very fast through a very empty terrain, in which it doesn't necessarily have to react to sudden obstacles, the speed in question is travel or flight speed, but not necessarily reaction speed. In order for it to also be reaction speed, and the speed in total hence applying to the character's combat speed, the character either must have demonstrated the ability to react to sudden obstacles while traveling at this speed, have a calculation made that supports the character having corresponding reaction speed/time or otherwise demonstrate having comparable reactions.

Simply being able to stop accurately at the target destination does typically not qualify, as it can be spotted from a large distance to make preparations to stop or the character could even slow down before reaching the destination, assuming we only know the average speed with which they moved.

The typical example of such cases of travel/flight speed that doesn't necessarily scale to reactions is space travel. As space is incredibly empty there are virtually no objects one has to navigate around between destinations. Just flying in a straight line from A to B would be safe. At the same time the typical destinations, such as stars and planets, are so large that they can easily be seen from millions of kilometers away. As a result a character would only need reactions equal to a miniscule fraction of their travel speed to perform a safe and precise landing on t
You have to prove that Stolas was at their maximum or top speed when it happened. Otherwise they just scale to their combat speed, since the statistics are already separated

Per out travel speed section

You have to prove that Stolas was at their maximum or top speed when it happened. Otherwise they just scale to their combat speed, since the statistics are already separated
He was more serious in this scene

Last edited:
Being serious or not serious isn't a qualification. You have to show that the character was at their top speed for the scaling to work out.
Stolas was flying for his life. In the other feat he was singing with his daughter.

Are you faster while jogging or running away from a bear?

A Tier 4 explosion was about to occur next to him, he definitely flew to save his life in that scene as well.
He already calculated it. You really think Stolas would go there WITH HIS DAUGHTER when it was THAT dangerous?

He obviously knew when he could get out since he seemed very calm, while against Striker he was fleeing for his life.

Context Clues my dude. Context

Stolas was flying for his life.
That's not evidence of him being at his top speed. You have to showcase him either moving at a comparable speed as his FTL feat or have a statement where he's going as fast as he can.

If you can't provide either then they don't scale to flight speed. It's why it's a different speed statistic.

You have to showcase him either moving at a comparable speed as his FTL feat or have a statement where he's going as fast as he can.
The fact that in one scene he is calm and singing while the other one he is feeling for his life. Isnt this context very obviously show Stolas was going as fast he can?

Like come on dude your jogging speed isnt faster than you running for your life.

Isnt this context very obviously show Stolas was going as fast he can?
No, since the point of travel speed is that it's a acceleration type of speed over a empty space where the character doesn't need to make quick or rapid movements.

To scale this speed to someone making quick or rapid movements you have to show either of the two things I mentioned.

He already calculated it. You really think Stolas would go there WITH HIS DAUGHTER when it was THAT dangerous?
Isn't this the same guy who went to an amusement park with his daughter knowing there would be hitmen who were going to try to kill him (and didn't bother to leave that place despite the times they almost killed him)?
He obviously knew when he could get out since he seemed very calm, while against Striker he was fleeing for his life.
This point is fair enough. I'm neutral at the moment, it still may be an outlier.

Isn't this the same guy who went to an amusement park with his daughter knowing there would be hitmen who were going to try to kill him (and not bothering to leave despite the times they almost killed him)?
He knew he could handle them if he wanted to, he was not killing all the hitmen since he wanted Blitz to save him.
No, since the point of travel speed is that it's a acceleration type of speed over a empty space where the character doesn't need to make quick or rapid movements.
Its flight speed not travel unless theres a rule saying they are the same

personally disagree with stolas' flight not scaling to his FTL feat, how exactly are you supposed to prove that he is going FTL in that situation, he was running away because his sister hired someone she believed had the means to actually kill him, there is no reason to believe he wasn't flying as fast as he could, and since his FTL feat has no implication of being power based nor having acceleration, it should scale to it

you can argue it is a outlier or that the FTL speed feat itself may not work, but it makes no sense to assume he wouldn't be going as fast as possible to escape from an attempt at his life

how exactly are you supposed to prove that he is going FTL in that situation
With a statement. Considering he was indoors and making constant turns vs flying in a straight line in outer-space already makes the two scenes nearly incomparable.

With a statement. Considering he was indoors and making constant turns vs flying in a straight line in outer-space already makes the two scenes nearly incomparable.
that makes no sense, in what context would someone give a statement that would make that compatible? him flying while wanting to avoid being killed is already enough to assume he was going full speed

we don't see how he flew there as it happened off screen so limiting it to a "straight line", even if lowballing, makes no sense

why would it matter if he was indoors too? nothing in the series implies that their speed is limited depending on if they are in space or in hell

that makes no sense, in what context would someone give a statement that would make that compatible? him flying while wanting to avoid being killed is already enough to assume he was going full speed
"I'm going my top speed" is something simple and a easy example is Smallville Impulse saying that Superman's top speed is only his cruising speed, which would allow him to scale to Superman's flight speed.
why would it matter if he was indoors too?
Because its a cluttered environment and it means it doesn't fit the travel speed scaling rules I laid out before.

They just outright don't qualify with the evidence presented. Just catching Stolas isn't enough, you have to prove that Stolas is moving at his maximum speed.

Someone should really make a CRT to remove that calc, but it's not the time for that. Disagree FRA.

• Supporting Evidence
Charlie stated that Angels are "beings of pure light"

Adam and Lucifer consistently react to eachother flying

"SUCK MY HOLY LIGHT FCKERS!
Now for the supporting evidence. Being made out of light doesn't necessarily make you lightspeed, especially if said light doesn't fit the criteria to be lightspeed (tho I find the whole idea of them to be actually light questionable).

Lucifer Vs Adam is 50% Adam missing and 50% Lucifer aim dodging.

I don't believe Adam's Holy Light fits the lightspeed criteria.

Back