• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frisk (Noirtale) vs Undyne (Glitchtale)

Shouldn't Undyne just beat the everliving shit out of Frisk here?

Not really

Frisk is able to easily fight 58 Ton characters while weakened (For reference as to how weakened, G&W, who avoided the effects entirely, can Curbstomp the mooks) and Undyne has a temporary powerup into stomping people a little bit superior to 60 Tons

Undyne still has experience and versatility here.

She has experience, is that your default argument?

She has taken on a powerful entity yes, but they are still susceptible to her soul effects and hasn't fought someone who actually is a trained cop and kinda just takes the spears no problem.

If your argument is Asgore, then Frisk ties her. If it's anything else please tell me know. And the funny thing is, if she hands Frisk the shield and it's the same shield every time then you know what that means right? Everyone she has fought before by using her Soul effect will be seen by Frisk and can see what she usually does.

Versatility is true. She can attack from the ground or by shooting them in a danmaku pattern. But still her spears aren't gonna do anything major unless she hits the skull. Which in character in base form I'm not sure she can do. I am not to familiar with Glitch tale but DMUA is.

The problem is that we're comparing a guy with a gun and pretty good regen to someone who has some hellishly strong danmaku.

If you can tell me how Noir deals with Undyne's various abilities, danmaku, and melee experience with just regen and a gun...

You should watch it, it's actually pretty good. At least, the second season is. First season is kinda generic meh fanfic material

Either way Undyne doesn't really put people in the soulbox as per the presentation of combat in Glitchtale. She usually just either melees the person or sends an entire wall of spears at them

Yea, she usually mixes up melee combat with so much danmaku that even Betty's Rhab couldn't keep up.

TBH if she just spammed it for everything they sent at her it would have likely worked but she kinda just used the ability once then got dunked on by an absolute ton of spears

I don't think she can really spam Rhab, as if it's more like a special move.

I swear, I'll need to spell it out to people. Which is fair because I am a lazy fork who needs to get good at writing.

Yes, it is reasonable to assume based on of the canon undertale story to see that Monster's as push overs and stupid. In my AU they are a huge threat and is only kept down because of systemic methods and threat of modern counterattack. The war in my AU was an actual war, there is no "Killer intent makes it ez gg no re". You physically have to fight tooth and nail to win, and it's the Human's determination as the big factor here. So when I say Frisk is fighting war vets, I mean it.

And lets say the Sans from canon doesn't hold a candle to Noir Sans.

What I'm also saying is that Undyne likely isn't a slouch either, given she could hold her own and stomp on someone who was able to **** Sans and many others. And she's Undyne, one of the historically most skilled characters in the series.

Just pointing that out. Does he have a counter to Danmaku?

Well, intersing enough. If there are any factors that would mess with each other's shots such as wind or minor difference in wind density, Gaster will remove that when Noir is shooting at her, but leaves it there when Undyne does it. So that is a minor help. Frisk has dealt with multiple attacks at different angles before. I mean, his main speed feat is being able to dodge tommy gun fire. Which happens commonely and even done when shot at multiple sides.

Hold up, that's the Undyning form... Shit that for is 8-B too isn't it? I needed to specify it was base Undyne that's a mistake on my part.

Man DBD's lore wants me to make me continue Detective Frisk vs Huntress.

Regardless, I still think Undyne has an edge.

I never officially voted, have I?

Vote Undyne.

At this rate, Frisk is going to be fighting Valev.

You don't need to make everything popular fight Valev

1. Yes I do.

2. Honestly I never, ever see it being a fair fight until Frisk literally goes super saiyan.

Frisk honestly isn't set to be fighting people like Undyne. Frisk has some skill, some niche abilities, and solid regen, but that's about it; if he isn't winning with raw AP, how is he suppose to win?

Undyne has like a 2 ton advantage on him, so AP / Durability is effectively equal. Also Frisk just like Undyne's key Implies they go higher.

How does he win? Shoot Undyne in the head with a way faster weapon (because speed is equal) as he lets himself get impaled by the spears to get that shot.

I still really don't see it. Guns' piercing one-shottingness starts to lose effectiveness at higher tiers, where piercing isn't enough for a 10-B to slaughter a 9-B.

Seriously, piercing is really weird in early tiers. That's why AP gaps in 9-B barely mean shit if one guy has a knife.

I wouldn't say so. A few dozens of them? More likely.

I don't really like seeing bladed weapons one-shot comparable foes once you're out of 9-A, really. Piercing is whack in Tier 9, but starts to fall off imo.

Hey, can you guys link me a battle with base undyne in it? Just so I have a point of reference.

Back