• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
You know, I would've done Zelda/Hylia in order for Frieza to have battled all of the main Nintendo gals, but whatever. This is way more thematic. The warrior who fights for light faces off against the tyrant who has conquered worlds. Link is not allowed to stop time or soul screw. Speed is equalized and 4-C for both.

Scenario:

It is age 762. Link and Zelda have traveled to Hyrule Castle on Epona after beating Ganon only to find it and castle town blown to smithereens. Flying above it is a figure hard to make out. Link puts on his Hawkeye and sees a small humanoid being that looks like a cross between a rat and a lizard. Link thinks that it is a monster here to finish Ganondorf's work, and takes aim with his bow in vengeance. Link fires, but the monster seems to easily catch the arrow. He seems to teleport to where the warriors are, and Link is surprised. Link draws his sword, but Zelda seems to be holding out a hand towards the monster. From the other prospective, Frieza notices this. He feels his speed sapping away, and targets the girl with a Death Beam. Right before it hits, the boy clad in green parries it, and sends the girl off on the horse. Frieza introduces himself to the lad, and casually threatens him. This only causes the boy to take out his shield too. Frieza gets mad that he's getting no reaction. He may have lost his speed advantage, but he expects to win anyway powers up to his final form. Link lets out his signature "hyah!"

Link.(Breath.of.the.Wild).full.1843180
5150273-4801773-500px-2204548-frieza final form

I think it'd go to Link due to his hax and stat boosting. The Master Sword will also do quite a bit of damage to Frieza. Frieza also has the tendency to leave himself wide open either through attacking or boasting, which Link can easily take advantage of by shooting a Light Arrow to the head. Plus the Fierce Deity.

I think Link wins.

The real cal howard said:
...looks like a cross between a rat and a lizard.
Link is fighting SCP-682? Oh, NO!

But seriously, hax stomp, even with those limitations. Better skills, energy reflection, teleportation (to close the range gap), duplication, all sorts of methods of obtaining relative invulnerability, healing (which works in tandem with duplication), elemental manipulation of your favorite flavor, the works. Link's got about everything short of VN-silliness and Broadway Force. Sorry, but I don't think there's anything to be added here.

Nice Link fanart, though!

Gargoyle it says link is not allowed to timestop or soulscrew, but in regards to the matchup link has better hax, versatility, and is generally more serious in combat. Frieza I would say does have a range advantage, and his flight is certainly an advantage. But link has methods to deal with flight (arrows) and isn't particularly suprised by it. Although, I might actually say frieza because of one particular thing he does. Back in the namek saga, frieza used telekenesis on krillin and blew him up, as well as hurling mountains at goku as well. So, I'd like to cast a vote for frieza mid-high difficulty.

Back