• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End vs Mission: Yozakura Family​

Rules:
  • Speed Unequalized since both Hypersonic+ speed
  • Tampopo Saga Low 7-C Futaba Yozakura is used
  • Starting Distance: 150 meters
  • Both in-character, but willing to kill
  • SBA for everything else

Votes:

Frieren.600.3956936.jpg

__yozakura_futaba_yozakura_san_chi_no_daisakusen_drawn_by_pastel_rahe__aa3b6c99229c19023b4846b12a7c6383.jpg

Last edited:
Starting off:

Futaba is about 2x faster than Frieren (Mach 11 vs Mach 20.92), and as we know in the story of Frieren. mages fare extremely badly in close quarters without defensive magic. Futaba would love close quarters while range is not a problem for her, while Frieren's objective here would be fighting at range.
Speed gap also meaning she can close the distance during any instance of downtime. Dodging Zoltraak blasts will also be easier despite the deconstruction due to the speed gap. (From what I remember Frieren usually uses the Demon killing version but she should know the human killing one also? Need frieren supporters to tell me). Especially when you realize Futaba's extrasensory perception means she can sense her malice or killing intent as well as over absurd distances as well as being passive (Frieren needs to activate a spell for it). She's also got insane stealth mastery in case she wants to try going for surprise hit and run blows as well. Stealth mastery that works on those with extrasensory perception like Kyoichiro.

Frieren's flight is completely useless due to the chasm of lifting strength, so Futaba can just point at the ground with Jinpu and knock her down completely. Frieren may as well be fighting someone with gravity powers in this fight. Its even worse if Futaba pins her down with a continuous Aiki blast like she used against Momo Yozakura.

If the fight lasts long enough then Futaba activates blooming, the fight is over. She gets a sizable strength increase, can blitz people comparable to her base speed (as indicated in her speed justification) and has power null. If we equalize mana and aiki energy, or treat mana as energy in anyway, since Magnanimity is meant to null all forms of attack or energy. Futaba can do this to Zoltraak or Mana blasts. Futaba also has better stamina feats looking at the profiles too

Frieren's only clear win cons to me are getting lucky with Zoltraak and hitting Futaba in the chest (Where her heart is. so she can't regen) or her sealing, but I don't know how it is activated. However Sealing was used in Frieren's case due to an enemy being too strong, which may be the case here already.

Furthermore I am operating under the assumption Futaba's attack reflection wouldn't work against Zoltraak, if it does then this is just Futaba vs Akai electric boogaloo.

I wouldnt say this is a stomp but this seems like a decisive Futaba victory to me (Like winning 7/10 times) unless someone else has more to add
I will say though that starting distance should probably be bumped up to give Frieren space to make a plan or something

Last edited:
How quickly does Futaba resort to her Blooming? Cause if it's as soon as the fight starts then this might just end up being a a stomp, due to the fact that the starting distance is good for close range and that she's already faster than Frieren before she enhances herself.

Last edited:
How quickly does Futaba resort to her Blooming? Cause if it's as soon as the fight starts then this might just end up being a a stomp, due to the fact that the starting distance is good for close range and that she's already faster than Frieren before she enhances herself.
She would do it mid way into a fight when she realizes her base state isn't making progress or if she wants to end a fight faster. She's never started off a fight with it. However Frieren being a ranged fighter primarily would encourage Futaba to use Blooming sooner than she usually would, due to her power null but not asap
I personally don't think its a stomp because of that

Should I increase the starting range to like 100 meters to make it more fair on Frieren’s part

Now that the distance has increased my points are somewhat similar to my previous points however now Frieren has a chance to play a game of Keep away with her flight. Cause it’s only Futaba’s next key when her Jinpu can have a 500m+ radius. so she won’t use it as a starter

However Futaba still will passively sense her intent to kill anytime she wants to fire a Zoltraak and even resists Analytical Prediction (I know Frieren doesn’t have that ability but you know what I’m trying to say)
Whether Frieren can tag Futaba will amount to luck basically. Especially since Futaba is faster and also has Acrobatic skill.

Frieren at this range does have a chance to consider her options though if she realizes this speeding demon can keep dodging over and over. Likely try Sealing however that works. Apparently Frieren has a touch based sealing as well, but Frieren has no shot at tagging Futaba physically due to the chasm in hand to hand skill. So eh

Heavily leaning for Futaba but before I vote I’ll wait and see who else responds.

Last edited:
Back