• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Discussion Thread

Gotta prove its lightning or else this just ain't going to work
As I said, only the sound makes this thing sound like lightning. But if lightning is rejected, we still have a low end and mid end based on the velocity of electric charges. And it also allows us to get higher results than today.

I think the two Frieren melting a big ass chunk of rock in around a second in that same episode could be calced too
Nah not if it doesn't exist in the manga and not if its calcable in the manga otherwise if we actually have no other options or alternatives and it is in the manga then sure

I have calculated how successful frieren was in dodging these lightning bolts. It is up to us whether we accept this as an electric charge or a lightning bolt.
also taking another look at this none of these work as you should be using the distance frieren would be from the clone compared to her movement away from the electricity so this shouldn't even be higher than what electricity speed is given the distance the clone is away

also taking another look at this none of these work as you should be using the distance frieren would be from the clone compared to her movement away from the electricity so this shouldn't even be higher than what electricity speed is given the distance the clone is away
Why do we need distance from Frieren to clone? If you look at this You can see Frieren move to dodge Electricity as Electricity moves closer to Frieren, so Frieren moves away from it. To figure out the time frame of this happening, we only need to know the distance that Electricity traveled. I don't think it's necessary to use the distance between Frieren and clone at all.

Why do we need distance from Frieren to clone? If you look at this You can see Frieren move to dodge Electricity as Electricity moves closer to Frieren, so Frieren moves away from it. To figure out the time frame of this happening, we only need to know the distance that Electricity traveled. I don't think it's necessary to use the distance between Frieren and clone at all.
Not how projectile dodging feats work and if you've been doing them like that then you've been doing them wrong my guy

The electricity covered however many several meters from the clone and frieren moved the distance away you calculated, this wouldn't be anything above the speed of electricity when her distance travelled is far less

Not how projectile dodging feats work and if you've been doing them like that then you've been doing them wrong my guy
Have I been thinking the wrong way this whole time? From what I understand, I'll take Naruto FTL calc as an example. They don't use the distance from Madara to Naruto, but they use the distance the light travels to Naruto. Plus, this is correct if we look at the calculation method. It has been clearly stated that
STEP 1. Find the distance the bullet covered.

STEP 2. Find the distance the character is covered.

STEP 3. Find the ratio between the distance the character covered and the bullet covered. Multiply this ratio by the speed of bullet.
I don't understand how this is different from Frieren dodging the electricity this time.

Have I been thinking the wrong way this whole time? From what I understand, I'll take Naruto FTL calc as an example. They don't use the distance from Madara to Naruto, but they use the distance the light travels to Naruto. Plus, this is correct if we look at the calculation method. It has been clearly stated that

I don't understand how this is different from Frieren dodging the electricity this time.
Meh that works for different reasons and I don't feel like digging through some of the more recent crts on projectile dodging and besides thinking about it this should be fine actually since her movement started after it already covered a majority of the distance and didn't start at the same time as it was fired.

The new version you did looks much better

Meh that works for different reasons and I don't feel like digging through some of the more recent crts on projectile dodging and besides thinking about it this should be fine actually since her movement started after it already covered a majority of the distance and didn't start at the same time as it was fired.

The new version you did looks much better
I think in the future we might have more threads to talk about speed, since right now no one is calculating success in terms of verse speed. But after we have enough of their speed calculations to use scaling already

Zoltraak is calced at Supersonic+ I believe, which would scale to basically everyone since everyone can use & react to it.

Does anyone know the basis for giving Frieren a magic-enhanced key where her physical AP scales to magic? At most, she should just have "10-B, higher with Mana" for her durability section, seeing as Mages can take certain spells without being obliterated but are still generally squishy to direct hits.

Does anyone know the basis for giving Frieren a magic-enhanced key where her physical AP scales to magic? At most, she should just have "10-B, higher with Mana" for her durability section, seeing as Mages can take certain spells without being obliterated but are still generally squishy to direct hits.
There is no real basis, it's probably just not a thing. The scan used to justify it has the scene where she kills the Wire Demon, but that was just her making contact before exploding him with mana.

Ah, bump? I'd like to have some supporter support before trying to make my first ever CRT.

Ah, bump? I'd like to have some supporter support before trying to make my first ever CRT.
It's not a big deal + you're absolutely correct, idk why Frieren has a "amped by magic" key.

Arguably the thick mana stuff is resistance to Magic, Lawine(?)'s magic fails against the uhhhh mean guy that uses earth manip, and she said the difference in mana was too great.

It's not a big deal + you're absolutely correct, idk why Frieren has a "amped by magic" key.

Arguably the thick mana stuff is resistance to Magic, Lawine(?)'s magic fails against the uhhhh mean guy that uses earth manip, and she said the difference in mana was too great.
The resistance to Magic should also be added, but idt it applies to regular offensive magic or "high volume attacks". For the Lawine example, Richter specifically resisted her freezing him and such. She could still presumably harm him normally by throwing ice cubes at him, since he blocked them. (although he said they were relatively non-lethal.)

"Resistance to Magic" and "10-B, higher with Mana" work together methinks.

Last edited:
Oh it won't need a calc because its unusable anyways as this feat doesn't exist in the manga nor is it within the realm of the verse's established power systems, its by all rights a big outlier

If its an anime only feat then its simply not usable and even then if the feat is still presented well enough where it can be done decently from the manga then we've got no use for it to be done with the anime versions.

A case like lawline freezing the lake is one where its fine to use the anime because we never got a really good look from the manga so the anime was prett much our only avenue

Oh it won't need a calc because its unusable anyways as this feat doesn't exist in the manga nor is it within the realm of the verse's established power systems, its by all rights a big outlier

If its an anime only feat then its simply not usable and even then if the feat is still presented well enough where it can be done decently from the manga then we've got no use for it to be done with the anime versions.

A case like lawline freezing the lake is one where its fine to use the anime because we never got a really good look from the manga so the anime was prett much our only avenue
As suggested above, why not simply add different keys for the anime and manga? You are right that this kind of ability doesn’t appear in the manga and it doesn’t seem like that last time a unique scene will happen, so it seems appropriate to either have a different key or different page for the anime version of characters.

Last edited:
As suggested above, why not simply add different keys for the anime and manga? You are right that this kind of ability doesn’t appear in the manga and it doesn’t seem like that last time a unique scene will happen, so it appears to me appropriate to either have a different key or different page for the anime version of characters.
Can't really make anime profiles unless its actually big enough differences in the continuity to warrant a different profile, having different stats isn't a qualifier either.

So an anime profile is a no go

Can't really make anime profiles unless its actually big enough differences in the continuity to warrant a different profile, having different stats isn't a qualifier either.

So an anime profile is a no go
But different stats certainly qualifies for different keys then, doesn’t it?

Last edited:
But different stats certainly qualifies for different keys then, does it?
No it doesn't justify having an anime counterpart or else like everything anime on the wiki would have seperate counterparts, they explicitly need actual complete narrative and continuity differences for that kinda thing otherwise you can't do that, as I said just having different stats isn't a qualifier.

Also like I said its an outlier anyways its completely unusable so like I don't even get the push for it

No it doesn't justify having an anime counterpart or else like everything anime on the wiki would have seperate counterparts, they explicitly need actual complete narrative and continuity differences for that kinda thing otherwise you can't do that, as I said just having different stats isn't a qualifier.

Also like I said its an outlier anyways its completely unusable so like I don't even get the push for it
All you dismissed before was having a separate page, not a separate key. And I don’t see why having separate keys for every anime that diverges in shown abilities from the manga is a problem. As it stands, the entire piece of media that likely eclipses the manga in viewership it absent from the wiki.

All you dismissed before was having a separate page, not a separate key. And I don’t see why having separate keys for every anime that diverges in shown abilities from the manga is a problem. As it stands, the entire piece of media that likely eclipses the manga in viewership it absent from the wiki.
It's still functionally the same issue bro, because she clearly shows abilities we don't see her have in the manga that are anime only so it'd be more than just a few stat differences as this other key, hell atp you'd be completely excluding any anime shit from some of the calcs we already have and it'd be way higher than anything from the manga all around.

You're free to ping any other mods here if ya please and they'll tell you the same thing, point is it ain't happening

Back