• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Discussion Thread

f446d7a2a155c6120742978fb528fb82.jpe

It does seem like because of the way the anime is directed and enhanced, the feats are a bit more clearer and calcable(even slightly enhanced). Im too smooth brained to do any calcs myself, but it would be cool if someone could handle the anime feats for potential upgrades

Does anyone have good stamina feats for the verse? Seems very lacking
Frieren's and Fern's constant mana suppressing one is kinda huge deal in lore because doing so in the way they do is unrealistic for practically anyone else and is very draining and its something they do indefinitely to a drastic extent to the point you can't even notice they're doing it from the ususl instability that comes with doing so

Frieren's and Fern's constant mana suppressing one is kinda huge deal in lore because doing so in the way they do is unrealistic for practically anyone else and is very draining and its something they do indefinitely to a drastic extent to the point you can't even notice they're doing it from the ususl instability that comes with doing so
so I wanted to ask, do we accept mana as a UES or at least a semi-UES?
If so we could
1) calc the lake freezing which would easily be around Low 7-C or 7-C
2) calc the dude lifting up an entire plato. It should be easy since we have an actual timeframe

Magic is a non-physical energy system I believe. Magic can scale to other magics but not to physical abilities.
that's good. We can scale physicals of people like Sein simply from literal powerscaling. I might try some calcs out later if Dale doesn't do it before I do

that's good. We can scale physicals of people like Sein simply from literal powerscaling. I might try some calcs out later if Dale doesn't do it before I do
I personally can't do calcs unless someone else px scales for me since my pc is bricked and has been for the last . almost 5 months (so all calcs I've done in that time are because others px scaled for me)

I personally can't do calcs unless someone else px scales for me since my pc is bricked and has been for the last . almost 5 months (so all calcs I've done in that time are because others px scaled for me)
if you want sth pixel scaled send it to me. I can do the wacky line thing and the raw pixel size too

so uh hey, what do I do if any image of the plato in the manga sucks badly? Can I use the anime?
This is what I managed to do for now (these are the raw screenshots, I will add the colored lines later if necessary) and not only do we have to go off of what seems to be a tree crown (6m in diameter on average) but we have no width and it feels way too small for something so big that it is hard for frieren to reach in like one second

so uh hey, what do I do if any image of the plato in the manga sucks badly? Can I use the anime?
This is what I managed to do for now (these are the raw screenshots, I will add the colored lines later if necessary) and not only do we have to go off of what seems to be a tree crown (6m in diameter on average) but we have no width and it feels way too small for something so big that it is hard for frieren to reach in like one second
What chapter was it again?

Go ahead and use the trees at the center of the mass he lifted as a measure

The series uses german names so I'll use german trees. I could use average beech trees (60-80 feet average) or oaks (40-80 feet average)

hmm, do you think using their height would be more reasonable?
Yeah given the other shots those trees aren't the tallest maybe about 10m ~15mtop
The series uses german names so I'll use german trees. I could use average beech trees (60-80 feet average) or oaks (40-80 feet average)
I'd say that's pretty large considering what we see of the trees in that area

Yeah given the other shots those trees aren't the tallest maybe about 5~10m top
I'd say that's pretty large considering what we see of the trees in that area
thing is, we only see their lower parts for the most part and we don't see much of their crowns. I am also using the tallest tree in the thicket.

Also there's the question of the width. Do I just assume it to be circular? We never see how it looks from the other side so..

thing is, we only see their lower parts for the most part and we don't see much of their crowns. I am also using the tallest tree in the thicket.
We actually do quite often see the tops or most of the tree's body

Also there's the question of the width. Do I just assume it to be circular? We never see how it looks from the other side so..
Yeah cylindrical would be best

Here's a couple more as well where we see most if not the entire tree

We actually do quite often see the tops or most of the tree's body

So only the first image really shows the tops properly to the end and the trees seem to be about half crown half trunk with the trunk being more than two times higher than the average adult male. This here suggests 35 feet for mature oaks at minimum and I've seen 40 feet as well. I think we could use that as a low-ball for the tallest tree.
Yeah cylindrical would be best
Ok. I'll use the shot where it goes up in the beginning and use 1 second as the speed at which it moved to get the speed.

So only the first image really shows the tops properly to the end and the trees seem to be about half crown half trunk with the trunk being more than two times higher than the average adult male. This here suggests 35 feet for mature oaks at minimum and I've seen 40 feet as well. I think we could use that as a low-ball for the tallest tree.

Ok. I'll use the shot where it goes up in the beginning and use 1 second as the speed at which it moved to get the speed.
This works altho I'd say use the anime timeframe because it takes several panels for him to raise it so one second is a no go since it'd take at least 3~9 seconds

This works altho I'd say use the anime timeframe because it takes several panels for him to raise it so one second is a no go since it'd take at least 3~9 seconds
you misunderstand. I mean getting it from this shot
img.png

Here after Richter disses Denken it only takes a single panel to cross this distance. This would mean at that point he'd be moving that much land at that speed. Since it is literally shown to move fast here and it is moving even faster in the anime version at that moment, I'd get the speed from here.

Turns out the feat is only 8-C+
It is useless.
If we used the anime version we'd probably get more since it is way bigger.

I think we can still try and figure out how to calc the lake freeze and how to calc the big freaking tornado Denken made

hey is it okay if we use the anime for the lake feat? There are exactly 0 good shots of the lake in the manga and even the ones that are decent are inconsistent with their size or are nigh-impossible to figure out. We know it is huge from shots like these
image.png

image.png

But we never see the full extent of the lake, we never even see the borders of it in these shots.
Meanwhile the anime just goes
image.png

We can easily pixel-scale here since we see the girl and we see the borders of the lake. I'd say it is consistent enough. We know the testing area is huge as described by Denken to the point where it'd be hard to find a person unless they show mana. The lake has to be at least this big.

hey is it okay if we use the anime for the lake feat? There are exactly 0 good shots of the lake in the manga and even the ones that are decent are inconsistent with their size or are nigh-impossible to figure out. We know it is huge from shots like these
image.png

image.png

But we never see the full extent of the lake, we never even see the borders of it in these shots.
Meanwhile the anime just goes
image.png

We can easily pixel-scale here since we see the girl and we see the borders of the lake. I'd say it is consistent enough. We know the testing area is huge as described by Denken to the point where it'd be hard to find a person unless they show mana. The lake has to be at least this big.
Yea

Back