• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Discussion Thread

It's still functionally the same issue bro, because she clearly shows abilities we don't see her have in the manga that are anime only so it'd be more than just a few stat differences as this other key, hell atp you'd be completely excluding any anime shit from some of the calcs we already have and it'd be way higher than anything from the manga all around.
Your emphasis of the differences between the two mediums seems to me just further reason to actually distinguish the two of them to showcase such. Seems rather frustrating to completely ditch an entire piece of media that is likely more popular than the manga itself when it is clear there are significant differences in the actual scaling, which is what is of foremost consideration for the site.

just leave it be already. On our wiki it is a general rule (don't think it is written out but it is certainly enforced) that you can't make a separate profile for anime unless there's continuity differences. For example we have different profiles for anime and manga DBZ because the feats and events taking place are entirely different in the majin buu arcs and there's different scaling too. On the other hand, Bleach and Naruto, despite having some feat differences, aren't facing the same separation.

Your emphasis of the differences between the two mediums seems to me just further reason to actually distinguish the two of them to showcase such. Seems rather frustrating to completely ditch an entire piece of media that is likely more popular than the manga itself when it is clear there are significant differences in the actual scaling, which is what is of foremost consideration for the site.
I'll say it again STATS and some general not major P&A differences ARE NOT QUALIFIERS FOR THIS KIND OF THING

I'm sorry to disappoint you but the anime does not follow a seperate continuity or story, it doesn't deviate from the path of the manga. Just having a couple of anime only scenes for some fights isn't going to change that. You're just not listening at all here, frieren doesn't qualify for a seperate profile or key for its anime adaptation

We absolutely aren't using the black hole.

Completely ignoring how it'd be an exceptional outlier (like 5-C for it, yet 7-C attacks can puncture her defenses, 7-C attacks are noted to be impressive, pure raw mana expulsions from Sol, likened to just raw unfiltered power, only do 8-A to 7-C levels of damage, her older zoltracks explicitly not being capable of 7-C shit, etc wow almost like she's town level, coupled with a statement saying she can blow away a town too)
Even if we accepted it as canon, it'd be such a monumental outlier, that it'd be discarded anyway.

But as Dale has explained, it's anime only. Using the anime as supplementary is one thing, say a feat happens in both, and the anime just has more consistent shots, that is fine, it's still the same feat, the anime only helps us get a grasp on it. This is not that, this is a completely new and original feat, not even mentioned off-hand in the manga or implied it could be done, it's something wholely unique to the anime.

It's like, if you would, how Dio's eyesbeam in season 1 of JoJo is 7-C, yet in the manga all it did was slice a pillar, except worse because at least he did eyebeams in both while Frieren never once used a black hole in the manga or implied she could. Hell, in that case it'd be more like how Dio in the anime can turn into shadows and fade away, it's anime only, never happened in the manga, which much like Frieren, is what our profiles cover.

And to top it off? It ain't even Frieren who did the feat, it was a copy, aka, it'd be out of character for her to ever use.
Like best I can see is, when she gets a featbox (I plan on doing such a thing, mostly to cover the meme magic shit like paper airplane magic), that we give her a lil non-canon tab for it just to go "hey this happened, ain't that nifty?", and that's it, just for compilation sake, not even to use it.

And to top it off? It ain't even Frieren who did the feat, it was a copy, aka, it'd be out of character for her to ever use.
I will note that the Frieren clone by design precisely mimicks the behaviour of the original. So I don’t think such would be out of character for the real Frieren to utilize such a spell in a comparable circumstance.

Although such is kind of irrelevant scaling wise as it is the capacity to produce power of such scale that is being demonstrated regardless of whether or not it would be used.

Like best I can see is, when she gets a featbox (I plan on doing such a thing, mostly to cover the meme magic shit like paper airplane magic), that we give her a lil non-canon tab for it just to go "hey this happened, ain't that nifty?", and that's it, just for compilation sake, not even to use it.
I’m fine with that if we aren’t getting an anime version key. Feel free to reference my calc within it.

I will note that the Frieren clone by design precisely mimicks the behaviour of the original. So I don’t think such would be out of character for the real Frieren to utilize such a spell in a comparable circumstance.
A clone without her sense of morality and numerous other quirks. And she has been in comparable situations, and never used it because the feat itself isn't canon,.
It's like if a clone of Batman that fights like him used a chi death touch to kill a dude, like yeah Batman can do that too, it's out of character though due to unique quirks the clone lacked.

It's out of character because, she never used it, or used anything like it even in cases where it would be useful and it'll stay that way unless the manga adopts the spell into canon, but at that point, we would be using the manga, not the anime anyway
Although such is kind of irrelevant scaling wise as it is the capacity to produce power of such scale that is being demonstrated regardless of whether or not it would be used.
Yeah, which is why it's a complete outlier when we know things, quite literally, over 1,000,000,000,000,000x less, takes effort. Except even then, (most, not all) magic in Frieren ain't that straightforward due to the subjective reality aspect of it.
I’m fine with that if we aren’t getting an anime version key. Feel free to reference my calc within it.
Your calc is a start, but I do think we can get an exact size down to the mm by actually scaling the anime concept art.

Was trying to calc Frieren's height to get her hand width, and got basically average female hand width, so should probably just use that for her hand width 🗿
also she's smol, like barely over 5ft.

I could calc that if we knew how big of a diamond.

Recent chapter has quite a few building pieces being lifted by the empire dude, not sure if theres enough panels to calc it all but, its something

It's done via grav magic, so it's probably less lifting, and more decreasing the effective weight and changing gravity (duh). Not worth calcing unless we make a profile for him specifically as it wouldn't scale to anyone like Frieren's TK.

Eisen being able to crush a diamond in his palm is a LS feat I've seen tossed around, but there is also Macht being able to swing around his golden sword & spear with just his strength, and being able to move pretty big chunks of gold around very quickly with his magic.

Back