• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Friendsim feats and stats discussion

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
I've been wanting to make this for a while and I hope I manage to cover everything here.

• Wall Level+
I'll be honest, I screwed the pooch on this one. I gave the Friendsim characters Wall Level+ stats for a feat that doesn't warrant it. The feat us where Skylla's lusus shakes the entirety of her hive by barking. There are a few problems with this.

1. The wording implies it's an exaggeration. The exact phrasing is "it's barks seem to shake the entire hive." This alone renders the feat questionable.

2. This can't be calced. We never see the full size of Skylla's hive, we just see the interior of two rooms. It's looked down upon to add + statistics to a profile without a calc, especially in 9-B, given how large the tier is.

Wall level is still consistent. The other feats given on the profiles support it as do the feats I'll provide below, but the + needs to go.

• Feats for the Player and the Lowbloods
Here are feats that should probably be calculated. First of all, the Player survives a fall from this height in Tegiri's bad ending, albeit he's to injured to move afterwards.

Tegiri useless

Secondly, Vikare survived this drop in his good ending.

Vikare victory

There's also the moment when Azdaja destroys most of a canyon and blasts a hole in a cave, but were aren't directly shown any of the damage from that, so it can't be calculated.

Now, I'm not a calc guy, but if these could be calculated in any way, it would be appreciated for getting more solid stats.

• Highblood feats
First and foremost, Marvus survives a limousine explosion. The context here being that The Player and Marvus are getting out of the limo when it combusts. Marvus throws himself in between the Player and the explosion in order to protect him. Marvus is clearly injured by the blast and his coat is torn but he mostly shrugs it off.

This is what we're shown of the blast.

Screenshot 20190430-205259 YouTube

And, in case it helps, this is what Marvus's limo looks like from the inside.

Screenshot 20190430-205237 YouTube

Not to mention, Marvus's body guards tear Zebruh apart like wet toilet paper, this could potentially scale to Marvus sense they'd likely have to be of a similar caste in order to be allowed near him in the first place.

Speaking of Zebruh, he's capable of one-shotting the Player with his Segway, so that should be upped to Wall Level. Which leads me too....

• Scaling
First and foremost, Zebruh's durability shouldn't scale to Vriska. SBURB Players shouldn't scale to Hiveswap characters and vice versa. The two are simply shown to be on different levels. Marvus and Gamzee are the same tier, but Gamzee can fight with God-Tier level characters and survive black holes, while Marvus was injured by a car explosion. The Player and Dave are both human, but Dave can cut a chain the suze if Rhode Island in half while the Player gets hurt by falling off a steep cliff. The same rules just don't seem to apply to SBURB Players and non-players.

Also, The Player is consistently shown as being inferior to the trolls. He constantly lags behind when fighting alongside Remele, Skylla, and Karako, gets melted by their rain while trolls walk right through it, and the spray that Chahut uses for face paint causes him to bleed. Everyone should likely scale up from him when in lew of better feats.

Meanwhile, Marvus's feat should likely only scale to Highbloods. He's the highest caste in the game, meaning the only character who scales above him is Chahut (do to being older)

• Conclusions
Assuming the above suggestions go through, I'll be able to create more Hiveswap profiles using them. If not I'll make them based off suggestions made in the comments below. Calculations for the above feats will allow me to place a more solid tier on them without relying on speculation and guesswork.

Do you agree? Is there anything I'm missing? What should be changed and why?

Not sure about the second Tegiri's bad end being a real Wall lvl feat, but I agree with the wall lvl thing in general. There's also feat like the one with the bear and some others.

I agree with the player being weaker than nearly everyone. Like even in this fight with Skylla the narration said "the punch hurt you more than the troll". However in Nihkee's route his body part are shown to have different level of power: in sheer durability he's comparable to oliveblood, and his legs are the one of a cobalt blood, dunno how we treat this.

Even if the powers likely need another thread (MSPA reader has more 4th wall, a form of plot manip, and a minor resistance), the Resistance to Extreme Heat should be removed.

Like, the protagonist litteraly died from this in the first bad ending of Skylla's route, Jadeblood are canonically the only trolls who can whistand the Alternian sun and after the fight, both were burned and needed to go in the recuperacoon.

I mean, we could just scale his durablility to the olivebloods and his speed to the colbalts.

It could be yeah, but the thing with his legs is only AP, since his speed is the one of a bronzeblood.

I suppose so, in lack of further input.

Just one question: Should we assume Purpleblood to all have chucklevoodos? Like Marvus or Chahut.

I mean, it's entirely possible to read Marvus's route as him using his voodoos on the player and his audience. The Player is suspiciously reverent of Marvus and his audience seems a little too okay with going to an event that'll likely kill most of them.

Even ignoring that, probably. It seems to be part of Standard Purple Blood biology.

Also, we should probably add the Player's feats of killing a bear abd surviving getting hit by a scuttlebuggy (aka car) to his AP and Durability justifications. Both those feats seem higher into 9-B than what he has now.

Come to think of it, should Purple Bloods have Mid level Regenerationn? The Player had to explain to the twins that he wouldn't regenerate from a flaming scuttlebuggy getting thrown at his head, due to the twins assuming he has the same Regenerationn they do.

Yeah, Marvus' charisma is surnatural, no doubt about it.

I agree with the feats. Also he should scale to durability like Vikare's one, who regulary fall from cliff.

The twins also assume he would survive from being cut in half (something like this) so I agree with a "Low to/possibly Mid", because of same or higher blood being killed by less than this (Ex: Feferi and Karako)

Also should we talk about the power to add to the Player in this thread?

Well, it's entirely possible they didn't intend to cut him fully in half. We don't actually see how deep the blade goes, we just know he dies. He might've just been cut open.

Plus, one of the seadwellwers in Karako's route gets impaled through the chest and walks it off. Maybe an outlier?

Nearly-none of the knowledgeable members actually know Friendsim, most of them were on the list before its release (except likely Nemo. He's the one who did the Zebbruh's page).

Aha. Well, I suppose that this seems fairly uncontroversial to apply then.

Likely the powers to add to the MSPA reader, everything else is already discussed I think.

Yes, feel free to make the accepted additions.

Hate to break it to you guys, but I can't edit the profiles. My entire account is on mobile.

Also, how do we treat someone being resurrected by another person?

Like in Friendsim, each time the player dies, Doc Scratch reset the timeline (he's also the one responsible of the "magnetic charm" of the player).

You can write a list of the exact page titles of the pages that you need unlocked here, so my automated script can handle it.

Cirava Hermod is the only one to unlock.

Also, do you know how what I said with Doc is considered?

The Protagonist can't resurrect itself but his resurrect (via timeline reset) by Doc. It's why I didn't know if he should have Resurrection on his profile if it's an outer-influence's power.

In that case, it is an outer-influence power unrelated to him.

Back