• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
She has no spear, and without it she can't "overload" his senses.

So I'm voting for Heimdall, Freya can't really hit him.

Freya is... barren to say the least. Right now, she has no clear wincon over Heimdall or his senses to say the least.

But once the CRTs to make Freya more full are made, with all the magic shenanigans, it's GGWP for Heimdall with Freya's AoE spam. Just like Thor. Heimdall's bane of existence is AoE attacks.

Freya is... barren to say the least. Right now, she has no clear wincon over Heimdall or his senses to say the least.

But once the CRTs to make Freya more full are made, with all the magic shenanigans, it's GGWP for Heimdall with Freya's AoE spam. Just like Thor. Heimdall's bane of existence is AoE attacks.
If 2 characters are in the same verse and know eachother do they have auto prior knowledge?

If 2 characters are in the same verse and know eachother do they have auto prior knowledge?
Depends on the circumstances. But it usually ends up being the case when the characters are involved in each others' lines of work. Which is a lot in the case of Freya, given her status as the Valkyrie Queen and being Odin's wife. Ultimately however, it wouldn't matter in this fight once those haxes kick in.

In the case of Kratos however, he'd know everything about the Greek Gods due to his first hand experience of fighting them one-on-one so that's a non-starter.

Ok then this should be on hold until the upgrades for Freya come out and are accepted.

Depends on the circumstances. But it usually ends up being the case when the characters are involved in each others' lines of work. Which is a lot in the case of Freya, given her status as the Valkyrie Queen and being Odin's wife. Ultimately however, it wouldn't matter in this fight once those haxes kick in.

In the case of Kratos however, he'd know everything about the Greek Gods due to his first hand experience of fighting them one-on-one so that's a non-starter.
I was talking in general like odin or freya knowing baldurs weakness etc.

Baldur is a weird case of understimating the curse's weaknesses until it's too late.
I understand so in verse matchups do kinda have prior knowledge? Like do 2 brothers in verse just forget eachother in threads or do we count as they still know eachother?

Heimdall can dodge her melee strikes and avoid being ensnared by her vines with little issue and has Bifrost blasts to strike his opponents, not to mention his time slow allowing him to get strikes in without any issue whatsoever.

That said, Freya can heal herself of damage mid-fight, create poison traps and has time stop and slow, though the latter seem to be unlikely to affect Heimdall.

She herself has Bifrost blasts and would likely be capable of more than matching Heimdall considering her seniority and general aptitude with magic.

Her light arrows would be lethal but he'd dodge them quite handily as well. Same with her other arrow variants. However, her Vanir Magic allows for mind control, which Heimdall has no answer for.

All in all, Freya should take this with great difficulty, as she'd eventually take control of Heimdall's mind.

And just like that Freya got a wincon that Heimdall apparently has no resistance to. Good job Seidr magic.

Freya FRA high-diff.

Freya FRA.

Maybe I put her against Poseidon or Hades or Ares (without his damn extra dimension) next.

Freya FRA.

Maybe I put her against Poseidon or Hades or Ares (without his damn extra dimension) next.
Hades either haxstomps or Ares power-nulls hard. Their hax and hax resistance exist above the worst of Norse shit.

Poseidon likely gets caved in due to lacking resistances and only having his electricity soul hax.

Hades either haxstomps or Ares power-nulls hard. Their hax and hax resistance exist above the worst of Norse shit.

Poseidon likely gets caved in due to lacking resistances and only having his electricity soul hax.
Poseidon it is then. It's not a stomp since Poseidon is still easily stronger.

Doesn't Ares only power-null in his alternate dimension?

Doesn't Ares only power-null in his alternate dimension?
Nope, it's not limited to the dimension, he just likes breaking apart foes he considers worthy, at the psychological level, like Kratos. Otherwise he just proceeds to kill them immediately either physically or with telekinetic hax.

Nope, it's not limited to the dimension, he just likes breaking apart foes he considers worthy, at the psychological level, like Kratos. Otherwise he just proceeds to kill them immediately either physically or with telekinetic hax.
Question can norse gods get aca 4 since they are also gods like greek ones?

Question can norse gods get aca 4 since they are also gods like greek ones?
No, why would you think that? Just because you're a god doesn't mean you get Acausality Type 4 right off the gate. Different Pantheons, different rules.

All in all, Freya should take this with great difficulty, as she'd eventually take control of Heimdall's mind.
Her mind manipulation is stated to only confuse opponents into fighting one-another in a brawl and not directly control someone. And Heimdal can see her thoughts and intentions so it wouldn't work regardless.

Her mind manipulation is stated to only confuse opponents into fighting one-another in a brawl and not directly control someone. And Heimdal can see her thoughts and intentions so it wouldn't work regardless.
....Her using it that way is far from the only way to do so. And hearing thoughts isn't the same as resisting mind control.

Worst comes to worst she just creates an endless horde of Brood and keeps him wasting his stamina away on the wrong opponents via that same mental coercion, then just kills him via pure statistical advantage.

....Her using it that way is far from the only way to do so. And hearing thoughts isn't the same as resisting mind control.

Worst comes to worst she just creates an endless horde of Brood and keeps him wasting his stamina away on the wrong opponents via that same mental coercion, then just kills him via pure statistical advantage.
Does Heimdall have any wincons then?

Does Heimdall have any wincons then?
The fact that he can actually harm and kill her with his attacks if he doesn't give her room to heal, Realm Shifts and the fact that he neuters most of her arsenal with the aformentioned Shifts and his Foresight.

The fact that he can actually harm and kill her with his attacks if he doesn't give her room to heal, Realm Shifts and the fact that he neuters most of her arsenal with the aformentioned Shifts and his Foresight.
Whats stopping Freya from just winning with her hax though? Heimdall is cocky remember

Whats stopping Freya from just winning with her hax though? Heimdall is cocky remember
Heimdall isn't cocky, he's battle-hungry. Sure, he treats everyone below him (Or so his stupid ass thinks) as full of shit, but he still doesn't give them the benefit of the doubt in an actual fight.

Heimdall isn't cocky, he's battle-hungry. Sure, he treats everyone below him (Or so his stupid ass thinks) as full of shit, but he still doesn't give them the benefit of the doubt in an actual fight.
Hmm Idk why I feel like heimdall wins this-

I'm not sure whether Seidr mind magic will work, but her AOE with Bifrost and zone control should let her win.

Can you show me when she ever did that? Or when she used mind manipulation in any other way?

Can you show me when she ever did that? Or when she used mind manipulation in any other way?
Creating hordes? The final fight with Kratos and Baldur in the 2018 game, when she was using Thamur's hand to spawn them into the fight.

Not directly for mind control but she taught Odin and indeed Asgard most of their magics, which the latter uses to imbue loyalty and flush memories from his Einherjar.

Creating hordes? The final fight with Kratos and Baldur in the 2018 game, when she was using Thamur's hand to spawn them into the fight.
Oh, that's right! Although it was... a few I recall, not hordes. And they were weak as hell.
Not directly for mind control but she taught Odin and indeed Asgard most of their magics, which the latter uses to imbue loyalty and flush memories from his Einherjar.
It appears that that's just Mimir's theory, so it should be Possibly (I am entirely going off the page and what it shows btw), but even so, she was never shown to have or use such things. Plus I'd argue Odin is simply better. Atreus says she's the greatest, but only after GoW 1, and he doesn't have much to compare; and Odin placed such curses on her even she couldn't handle. Etc, etc, ad nauseam... We don't know the full extent of her teachings, thus we can't say that she can do all Odin can, for example.

Oh, that's right! Although it was... a few I recall, not hordes. And they were weak as hell.
The main point is that she can make Heimdall focus on them while she just watches him tire out. Or hell sweep in and kill him while he's distracted.
It appears that that's just Mimir's theory, so it should be Possibly (I am entirely going off the page and what it shows btw), but even so, she was never shown to have or use such things. Plus I'd argue Odin is simply better. Atreus says she's the greatest, but only after GoW 1, and he doesn't have much to compare; and Odin placed such curses on her even she couldn't handle. Etc, etc, ad nauseam... We don't know the full extent of her teachings, thus we can't say that she can do all Odin can, for example.
Lore and Legends confirms this though. Asgard was essentially magic-less during the Long War.

Can they even hurt heimdall?
Why can't they hurt Heimdall....? Freya scales above him decently.

Edit: OH! You meant the hordes. Unlikely but they're a hindrance and unending distraction.

Back