• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Freezing an entire forest

It could varie depending of the size of the forest, and kind of forest; I haven't made a freezing based calc, but I assume that "freezing" would require at least: turn into ice a thin layer of ground, freezing the surfaces of water bodies and the humidity of the trees. But if you are asking about a exact number, nop, I have no idea.

Yes freezing everything in the forest, this is a forest that could house an entire village of people, the forest was also frozen at absolute zero temperatures, but i think freezing a whole forest at such temperatures would of course yield big results and will probably be complicated to figure out, so i am more so looking for a lowball here, so lets just say freezing everything in an averaged sized forest.

Would need the area of the forest in order to calculate something, also, I couldn't be the better option for calculate freezing feats...

I think that freezing the air of the forest would be enough.

A draft of the calc would be:

Let's say that the radius of the forest (assuming a circular shape) = 5000 m

SA = pi*r^2

SA ~ 78.5*10^6 m^2

Assuming that the air was frozen as high as 100 m

Volume = SA*h = 78.5*10^8 m^3

density of air at 15 C = 1.225 kg/m^3

m = density*Volume

m ~ 9.6*10^9 kg

c = 1000 J/kg*K

ΔΤ = 15 (will depend on the temperature before it was frozen)

Q = m*c*ΔΤ

Q ~ 1.44*10^14 Joules (34 Kilotons of TNT) Town level

Well i was just looking to see what results we could be looking at here, can i ask you, when you have time, to make an official calc about what it would take to freeze an entire forest?

Again, that could vari much depending of the size of the forest, would take time to make a blog using differents forest as references; futhermore, wouldn't be that kind of attack be considered enviromental destruction? value would be far less if only freeze one person.

Not really environmental destruction, it also froze an entire village of people for over a 100 years, more so hax than enviromental destruction.

Back