• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ngl, I hadn't noticed all these issues on our SMT profiles until after I applies the latest revision. Since most of the issues were solved last time, I'm just bringing the one that stood up the most to me, and one that has been discussed for a while.

1. The scaling of the Divine Angels is awful. Ever since the Powers, all others are scaled to harming First Form Shesha, who's superior to Odin, who's superior to Lilith, who's comparable to Gabriel. So yes, we're unironically saying a Power is above the Archangel Gabriel in the scaling chain. Considering Powers shouldn't even be on the same level as regular Archangels like Aniel, them suddenly scaling to the Cardinal Archangels would be a ridiculous outlier and needs to be replaced with another reasoning.

2. Scaling YHVH to Canopus is a no-no. Canopus only appears once in the entire franchise, Devil Survivor 2, where YHVH isn't as much as mentioned, any way to scale one to the other is an unbased stretch, and should be removed from the profile. But fear not, as YHVH won't be donwgraded, since we can just replace his scaling to the Kuzuryu and keep him on the same tier.

Ever since the Powers, all others are scaled to harming First Form Shesha, who's superior to Odin, who's superior to Lilith, who's comparable to Gabriel. So yes, we're unironically saying a Power is above the Archangel Gabriel in the scaling chain.
what_is_this_above_me_Helen.PNG

I don't even know why first form Shesha would be that strong when Nanashi and co dealt with them just fine with a special weapon (Which wouldn't help their durability and thus ability to actually take Shesha's attacks in turn)

and of course a forking power of all things being able to damage them

First Form Shesha scales from Odin, but for your argument, one of those weapons was literally Michael's Spear, and the other was Shesha's weakness, so I don't think those mean much for Shesha's scaling. Now, a Power scaling to this is an obvious issue.

I don't remember much of Apocalypse mostly because it was utter trash and I despise it to this day, I'm mostly just slightly iffy on Shesha being superior to Odin. Wasn't the main danger of Shesha just their wild, rampant destruction and the fact they weren't that easy to kill as opposed to just being outright stronger than someone Nanashi and co fight way later on?

I don't remember any direct comparison being made between the Divine Powers' power level. In fact iirc there isn't even anything saying Krishna's the strongest, though I'm not arguing against that. But Shesha's power is impressive and he's the reason the truce between Law and Chaos is made.

Ionliosite seems to make sense to me.

Should I notify some staff members to come here, and if so, do you have any suggestions?

It's not cross-scaling tho, DeSu is part of the Megami Tensei franchise, so both are connected.
Should I notify some staff members to come here, and if so, do you have any suggestions?
Yes, we obviously need staff input here. The one's listed on the verse should be more than enough.

Out of curiosity, since I don't really understand tier 1 that well, would he be weaker now, or is the Kuzuryu's feat similar to Canopus'?

1. The scaling of the Divine Angels is awful. Ever since the Powers, all others are scaled to harming First Form Shesha, who's superior to Odin, who's superior to Lilith, who's comparable to Gabriel. So yes, we're unironically saying a Power is above the Archangel Gabriel in the scaling chain. Considering Powers shouldn't even be on the same level as regular Archangels like Aniel, them suddenly scaling to the Cardinal Archangels would be a ridiculous outlier and needs to be replaced with another reasoning.
Yeah the Powers Scaling sucks.

2. Scaling YHVH to Canopus is a no-no. Canopus only appears once in the entire franchise, Devil Survivor 2, where YHVH isn't as much as mentioned, any way to scale one to the other is an unbased stretch, and should be removed from the profile. But fear not, as YHVH won't be donwgraded, since we can just replace his scaling to the Kuzuryu and keep him on the same tier.
Yeah Kuzuryu and some other dudes can destroy the entire Demon World.

DM me that thread when it starts- I'm not knowledgeable on the entirety of the verse, but i'd like to check it out.

Sorry if this is irrelevant, but isn't Abel somewhat overblown in his profile? While he can beat Metatron and Lucifer, it's never stated he's above the combined might of Metatron and the Archangels, in fact he never faces their combined might since he interupts Metatron from summoning them.

Plus Metatron (as the Lesser YHVH) ends up tanking the attacks Abel sends him (albeit he's forced to flee afterwards) and even states he'll face him again in the war between demons and heaven, implying Abel isn't too far above him.

Well, everyone agreed with the Powers scaling to Shesha being horribly wrong, so that's getting removed and the angels get downgraded based on that. Meanwhile, YHVH gets his AP description changed so it links to the Kuzuryu instead of Canopus, but his AP itself remains the same.

Only the Seraph would have any reason to be Low 2-C. All other forms are "Unknown" unless someone has other feats.

Well, everyone agreed with the Powers scaling to Shesha being horribly wrong, so that's getting removed and the angels get downgraded based on that. Meanwhile, YHVH gets his AP description changed so it links to the Kuzuryu instead of Canopus, but his AP itself remains the same.
Thank you. That is probably fine to apply then.

Has anybody applied what has been agreed here yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back