• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire vs Ice: Icicle vs Arvis

Icicle's got my vote due to being stronger, more durable, and having flight. Besides that how is Arvis going to compete against matter manipulation?

Well, Valflame made Arvis capable of fighting another 6-B and his army, which includes other 6-Bs (Ced, for example, is canonically the son of Lewyn (Fire Emblem) according to Thracia 776, which makes him capable of also having Forseti AKA a 6-B key) and Arvis has fought fliers before as well as people who have dealt with fliers

I'd definitely say Arvis wins if he was allowed to use Nihil (It nullifies abilities of the weapons and the user, but not their strength), but without it, he gets destroyed by Matter Manipulation and Precog

Actually, I think with Nihil all that would be nullified is abilities granted to him by the Helmet of Nabu, since verse equalization would mean it's sort of like the Thief Sword, which also grants an ability to the user, but is nullified by Nihil, but since it never nullifies tomes, I'd say his ice manipulation would still stay, since Blizzard is still capable of being used against Arvis, which actually freezes the opponent in FE4, as well as his weather manipulation, since well...tomes can be used against Arvis...

and the power granted by a weapon isn't nullified by a weapon/item isn't nullified since well....Holy weapons are still 6-B against Arvis canonically

Tampering with the Helmets powers weaken him, even though the power nullification doesn't remove strength.

Nihil negates learned/granted skills in combat, lets say Character A has learned the ability of...I dunno, Luna, which negates Durability, when battling someone with Nihil, Luna is unable to be activated, but fighting anyone else, it still works

And Character B has the Miracle Sword, which grants the skill "Miracle" which lets the user survive attacks at near death (Or 1HP in gameplay terms), it will never activate against someone with Nihil

Character C has the skill "Renewal", which grants Regenerationn (at the beginning of your turn in gameplay), but since it isn't a combat skill, it's never negated by Nihil

Nihil is also unable to negate Nihil, iirc

and lets say Character D has a weapon making them Country level, this is not negated by Nihil

Another weapon grants the user a speed increase, this is also not negated by Nihil

Basically, it seems to just negate abilities that are activated, except for magic/tomes, ranged weapons, etc. just skills and anything similar

I feel like Arvis DC and durability are a tad more solid than Icicles, with speed equalized, precog takes a big factor but I still think the whole deal with the recovery ring makes up for it, im going for arvis

Back