• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Finn the Human Ability

Shouldn't he have Type 4 Immortality? He's an "Agent of Change" that got sent down to Earth as a Catalyst Comet and continues to reincarnate over and over across time. He seems to embody "good" whereas the Lich embodies "evil" and the two seem to be destined to combat each other through time and across dimension too since there are alternate forms.

All Adventure Time fans should know Finn used to be a Catalyst Comet as his first and primary life. The Catalyst Comet bring an agent of change to Earth every time it hits.

"Every one thousand years, the Catalyst Comet mysterously reincarnates itself, bringing with it an agent of change." [ Season 6 Episode 25 “Astral Plane” ]

We know that the Purple Catalyst Comet states:

"I have embodied all that is good...and evil." [ Season 6 Episode 43 "The Comet" ]

When the comet say "good" it is on Finns face, when it says "evil", it pans to displays the Lich. Some may be skeptical but I believe this is a pretty obvious dichotomy. And we know that Finn and the Lich have both been Catalyst Comets, with Finn being the Blue whilst the Lich being the Green Horned one. There is futher evidence in the comics that Finn is a Comet Avatar meant to fight against the Lich who is another Comet Avatar. Some explicit and some implicit. Although admittedly this last one is a little speculative. We don't know the exact nature of this "embodiment", it is quite speculative.

On the wiki it shows the different past lives the main universe Finn has been through:

Jake: "What do you see?"
Finn: "I see...my past lives. I was a comet...a butterfly....a thing...I don't know what that is. Some kind of shape?" "Do you remember anything about the scary lady?" "Scary lady? Yeah. I was her! Except she was a chubby tiger. No, no, no, wait, wait, wait. She was riding a tiger! And she wasn't scary..."
[ Season 5 Episode 34 "The Vault" ]
Finn has this thing in his mind called "the Vault" and he unlocked it and saw his past lives.

It's hard to get evidence from the actual episodes so anyone who is knowledgable of the show can vouch if you want.

Last edited:
You need to prove that all of that is literal, and finn reincarnating is nothing special since those are past lifes, not him dying and coming back with a new body as the exact same, sith his memories and such.

You need to prove that all of that is literal, and finn reincarnating is nothing special since those are past lifes, not him dying and coming back with a new body as the exact same, sith his memories and such.
Prove what is literal? It isn't conditional to come back exactly the same, with exactly the same memories in a different body. That isn't anywhere on the Immortality page.

That he is a agent of change and embodies good instead of just fancy titles, without context those give nothing.

Characters that are immortal because, whenever they die, they will simply reincarnate within another body or resurrect themselves at a later point in time.

this implies they need to reincarnate/ressurect as a power rather than just a natural thing, and mostly types 4 i see are then using it as a actual power.

If you reincarnate like everyone else does, you don't get it, if you reincarnate because you have the power/nature to do so, you get it.

So you are right that you don't really need to come back as yours physically but you still need to be yourself spiritually and to a extent mentally.

Also you need scans.

That he is a agent of change and embodies good instead of just fancy titles, without context those give nothing.

Characters that are immortal because, whenever they die, they will simply reincarnate within another body or resurrect themselves at a later point in time.

this implies they need to reincarnate/ressurect as a power rather than just a natural thing, and mostly types 4 i see are then using it as a actual power.

If you reincarnate like everyone else does, you don't get it, if you reincarnate because you have the power/nature to do so, you get it.

So you are right that you don't really need to come back as yours physically but you still need to be yourself spiritually and to a extent mentally.

Also you need scans.
I'm talking about immortality, I don't care to prove he's an agent of change who embodies good. That will be obvious enough to those who actually know the series.

When he dies, he comes back as another entity and this is exclusive to him and other entities similar to him. When others die they go to the Dead Worlds. I don't know what sort of distinction you're making between "as a natural thing" and "as a superpower". He reincarnates all the same, what is the difference?

I can get scans but to note anyone who watched the show should know of this, so I would like the input of a knowledgable person.

1.if it isn't relevant why did you even bring it up?

2. If the verse has reincarnation for everyone, is not immortality, simple, if it is exclusive to some, it is.

3. The site doesn't work on "is obvious", just post the scans and be done with it.

1.if it isn't relevant why did you even bring it up?

2. If the verse has reincarnation for everyone, is not immortality, simple, if it is exclusive to some, it is.

3. The site doesn't work on "is obvious", just post the scans and be done with it.
I brought it up because I brought everything connected to the subject up in-verse up and because I wanted to.

That's a pretty dumb standard and not on the immortality page, but regardless, it isn't the case here.

I never claimed the site works this way? What are you talking about lol. I want the opinion of others who have watched the show and know more than others who haven't. Simple.

I brought it up because I brought everything connected to the subject up in-verse up and because I wanted to.

That's a pretty dumb standard and not on the immortality page, but regardless, it isn't the case here.

I never claimed the site works this way? What are you talking about lol. I want the opinion of others who have watched the show and know more than others who haven't. Simple.
So no actual reason to not bring proof? Okay.

Is not because is just logic, if your setting gives reincarnation to everyone, it is how life works, not your power.

You put this on a ******* CRT, what did you expect, you want just opinions? Put this on general discussion, this board is to change the page, and to change you need to go with how the site works and bring scans.

So no actual reason to not bring proof? Okay.

Is not because is just logic, if your setting gives reincarnation to everyone, it is how life works, not your power.

You put this on a ******* CRT, what did you expect, you want just opinions? Put this on general discussion, this board is to change the page, and to change you need to go with how the site works and bring scans.

Stop wasting my time with petty arguments. I want their opinions on whether this is true and should be applied which is why I put this here, obviously. That's how it works, you make a thread and people coming in and give their views. I never claimed to change things based on opinions alone. So now you can stop putting words in my mouth, being petty and nitpicky.

Anyway, as I said the immortality is not some function of the world, it is exclusive to Finn and other Comet Avatars. Such as the Lich. Others are sent to Dead World's which are afterlives ruled by Death.

You put this on a ******* CRT, what did you expect, you want just opinions?
buddy that's entirely unnecessary language, if this is going to affect you like this you need to not be here on 1000 doing the absolute most. Back on topic it's not a ability that Finn is actively using its still something passive but even so I see what Thelastmlg is saying, it may be a case kinda like Link where none of his profiles are listed to have immortality even though he will always reincarnate each link is a different character who has their own page for that fact.

Ah yes, so horrible language, a single swear talking about the broad, meanwhile other people put 6 swears in text walls and yet i'm the villain, despite not even offending OP.

I just asked him for scans to actually build up the argument, like literally everyone does, and he goes all "muh but i don't ned to show i just wanna talk" on the wrong board, not my fault.

Anyway, no point in discussing this, OP is gone.

Back