• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Michael Myers Justification Removal

The Final Timeline Michael Myers currently has "Heavily cracked a car door window just by slapping it" as part of his 1978 justification. However, in that scene, Michael had a wrench in the palm of his hands; the current link does not show the wrench well, but the 2021 Remastered version does.
While it's true they used a wrench behind the scenes, it's actually supposed to be him showing off strength with his bare hands in the actual context of the movies which is why he does it with an open palm with with the wrench clearly attached to his arm instead of actually holding it, almost every BTS/documentary about Halloween talks about this and how it's just a filming mistake of the time that you can see the wrench. Similar to how people switch to dummies or how sometimes you can catch the strings on things,

I checked out the novelization and here's the passage regarding this scene
She gave it a quarter turn with her free hand, but the problem was that her head was out the window and the man's grip was too strong for her to pull back inside the car. Frantically she clawed at the hand. A finger passed over her open, screaming mouth. She clamped her teeth on it with all her might. The thing let out an inhuman howl and momentarily relaxed its grip. She yanked her head back inside and closed the window on his hand. He roared again and pulled his hand out of the window before her last turn on the knob clamped him irrevocably.

Marion clutched at her throat and gasped for air. She was momentarily safe, but an instant later she had her hands full at the window on the passenger side. The inmate, still on the roof, had struck the window with shattering force, and the window's protective glass had cracked into a thousand geometric splinters that adhered to each other for the moment but would fly into the car next time he struck it. The thing peered upside down into the car, and Marion saw a ghastly rain-soaked creature made even more horrible by the spiderweb pattern of the cracked window.

Now, in blind panic, she stepped full on the gas pedal. The tires keened on the wet pavement, then took hold and the car lurched forward. Marion tore around sharply from left to right to left again. The car swayed and skidded, but the thing, clinging to the windshield wiper and a door handle, somehow managed to hold on. The rain cascaded down the windshield and she couldn't see a thing; she certainly didn't see the parking lot curb when she struck it at forty miles an hour. The wheel tore out of her hand and her chin struck the rim. The station wagon spun wildly out of control, hurling her across the seat to the passenger side. Then it struck another curb broadside, and from that moment on Marion remembered nothing until she was being helped to her feet by Loomis. She lay on the soaked grass of an embankment, a violent ringing in her ears, the nerves in her scalp throbbed from the pain of her hair having been violently pulled
The implication from the novel is that Michael just used his hands to crack the glass since the passage never mentioned a tool being used.

It's very likely that it was a production hiccup rather than an intentional bonus freeze frame in my view.

Huh, I thought it was higher.
Well, I mean, it's still worth mentioning. For one I don't think kicking a police partition is 9-B, but that aside, Michael crushed Sartain's skull too casually, which is worth something
In fact, I don't fully understand why kicking a police partition is 9-B, either, but since I'm not fully informed on what attaches the partition to the car, then I just won't object. On the other hand, yes, I think the skull thing is at least worth mentioning.

Yeah, but it stills shows how insanely superior he is to an ordinary human. Like, I don't think even olympic athletes could do such feat.
It's still a feat of lifting strength, though, and I'm sure it works differently than striking strength. Not to mention that the profile and in the thread where the level of this version of Michael was discussed mentions that said level was given to him for breaking the police partition. I think if the feat can't be calculated or we don't have any reference, Michael should drop to "At least Street Level".

Pretty sure there's no way of calculating such feat.
Maybe looking up how tough those are?
Even then, I would assume no human can take them down while Michael did so easily, but even then, Idk if that's enough.
Not to mention that the profile and in the thread where the level of this version of Michael was discussed mentions that said level was given to him for breaking the police partition.
And no one asked for a reference? Or the OP never clarify why that feat it's at such level?
Again, I assume Michael is far stronger than a human, but idk if this qualifies for 9-B for sure.
if the feat can't be calculated or we don't have any reference, Michael should drop to "At least Street level".
I'll see if I find anything, but yeah, if not he should be "At least Street level (Stronger than before. The partition feat and the skull feat)

Damn, how did this turn into a downgrade thread for Michael? Anywho, I agree with Butchering that he should get downgraded unless the Partition feat is calced at Wall level

Last edited:
Back