• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FFXV very small changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was taking a good look on FFXV profiles, and noticed some (maybe) problems with our current scalling and Noctis' keys, mostly about Titan, Leviathan and the other Astrals

Currently, these are Noctis' keys:

Country level, possibly Multi-Continent level (Matched and parried blows from Titan, who caught a meteor and should not be significantly weaker than Ifrit) | At least Country level, possibly Multi-Continent level (Capable of significantly damaging Leviathan) | Multi-Continent level (Fought against Ifrit, whose flames can turn the world to ashes) | At least Multi-Continent level (Empowered with the combined might of all of the Kings of Lucis before him, including Regis and the founding king Somnus, who banished Ardyn Izunia from Insomnia) | At least Multi-Continent level (His power vastly exceeds that of the Astrals, including Shiva, who could subdue Ardyn Izunia with ease and killed Ifrit with her Diamond Dust attack)

I understand that his first key has both 6-B and High 6-A options, since Titan, while having said 6-B feat in a calc, should be close/comparable to other astrals that have High 6-A feats/scalling, but in the end, I believe it isn't truly necessary, since our FFXV Leviathan profile, while being High 6-A, places her as comparable to Titan, fought him on basically equal terms and the Astrals themselves helped Noctis to fight Bahamut

"Comparable to the other Astrals like Titan and Ifrit, whom she fought alongside the other Astrals during the War of the Astrals. Fought against Titan when she destroyed Altissia. Overpowered Noctis when he tried to fight her on his own and was able to face him when he used the power of the Lucian Kings. Helped Noctis and the other Astrals to fight Bahamut"

I'm not exactly saying they are all equal (Bahamut is clearly the strongest), but considering they scale to a 1 Exaton feat, scalling slightly below Ifrit shouldn't knock them to 6-B

Based on this, I believe First Key Noctis and Titan should just be High 6-A scalling to his fellow Astrals, if we take a look at Noctis' fight against Leviathan, we can see that he actually manages to fight even without the full arminger, deliver some damage and survive its attacks, receiving a boost from Luna and then having a rematch, and he still scales to Titan, who also should be around comparable to other Astrals and manage to damage Leviathan with the Gaia's Wrath

Now, before I make my suggestion to his AP description, I would like to talk about his keys, he has 5: Base (Pre-Timeskip) | Complete Armiger Arsenal (Pre-Timeskip) | Post-Timeskip | Armiger Unleashed | King of Light

One of them caught my attention: Arminger Unleashed

This power was added as a stronger version of the regular Arminger Arsenal, that can be used after collecting all 13 Royal weapons and equiping the The Founder King's Sigil, a Crest containing the combined strength of all the rulers of yore (All 13 of them are High 6-A). It "Awakens Noctis to the true power of kings". Since it needs all the 13 Royal Weapons, we know that he got them after his battle with Leviathan, so it makes sense that he didn't used this version while in the battle, and surely amps him a lot, however, this key seems unnecessary, it isn't linked to Pre or Post timeskip Noctis (Both can use it), and as a power that he can use at anytime that doesn't change his Tier, I believe it shouldn't be on a completely different key, but just a Power Up on his regular keys alongside Complete Arminger that doesn't last long

Also, as a nice detail, the party stop fighting when Noctis activates this, showing that they actually are not quite on his level to keep up

So my suggestion is:

Three keys: Pre Timeskip, Post Timeskip and King of Light

AP Description: Multi-Continent level (Matched and parried blows from Titan, who caught a meteor, capable of fighting Leviathan and significantly damage her with his Arminger Arsenal), higher with Arminger Unleashed (Empowered with the combined might of all of the Kings of Lucis before him, including Regis and the founding king Somnus, who banished Ardyn Izunia from Insomnia) | At least Multi-Continent level (Stronger than before, after being in the heart of the Crystal for ten years to gain the power of Providence and become the vessel for the Crystal's light, fought against Ifrit and many other Kings of Lucis), higher with Arminger Unleashed | At least Multi-Continent level, likely higher (His power vastly exceeds that of the Astrals, including Shiva, who could subdue Ardyn Izunia with ease and killed Ifrit with her Diamond Dust attack)

Clearly, people who scale to Noctis also get these revisions

Now, some characters are still MHS+ despite scalling to Noctis who's FTL, however, Noctis only freely moves faster than his warp (which is stated to be as fast as light) ability while at Arminger Unleashed, as you guys can see in the video linked in his speed section, which is the link being used as proof, said power up certainly doesn't scale to all people, like I said, the game even made them stop fighting once you use this (here the description of the skill)

So, my suggestion ?

Most close laser dodging feats are Rel+, and they can also react to Noctis' Warp Strike which is Lightspeed by the game, so they should have Rel+ speed, with Arminger Unleashed Noctis reaching FTL for the reasons stated in his speed section

For Noctis:

Speed: Relativistic+ (Capable of dodging Omega's attacks which are stated to be lasers, and keep up with his friends in training, who can react to his warp strike, aswell as fight powerful individuals like Leviathan and Titan), Lightspeed with Warp Strike (Which travels at the speed of light), FTL with Arminger Unleashed (Outpaced his own warp-strikes)

While others would be like:

Speed: Relativistic+ (Can keep up with Noctis in training -In case of Prompto, Gladio and Iggy-, who's capable of dodging Omega's attacks which are stated to be lasers, and react to his Warp Strike, which travels at the speed of light)

Now, I'm using Rel+ since that's usually the result for close laser dodging stuff (And in this case, reacting to the Warp Strike), but if you guys believe a calc it's better, I'm obviously fine with that tho result might not change

Now, the last stuff

As you guys can see in the FFXV profiles, the High 6-A feat comes from Ifrit's Dissidia (I guess ?) description of him being able to lol reduce the Earth to ashes, my questions is: is that okay to use ? I don't know how you guys take this Dissidia scalling

If it's actually okay, then my AP changes still those above, if it's actually wrong, then just change High 6-A to Titan's 6-B feat, that comes from him in this game and safely scales, with some characters reaching High 6-B for having the combined power of multiple 6-Bs. Titan's AP is 11.734 teratons, with Arminger Unleashed Noctis having the power of all 13 kings (Who scale to Titan) + His own powers that are also 6-B, he would reach the Tier above, and his King of Light key is above that, with some people scalling

Ending like this:

AP Description: Country level (Matched and parried blows from Titan, who caught a meteor, capable of fighting Leviathan and significantly damage her with his Arminger Arsenal), Large Country level with Arminger Unleashed (Empowered with the combined might of all of the 13 past Kings of Lucis before him, including Regis and the founding king Somnus, who banished Ardyn Izunia from Insomnia) | At least Country level (Stronger than before, after being in the heart of the Crystal for ten years to gain the power of Providence and become the vessel for the Crystal's light, fought against Ifrit and many other Kings of Lucis), Large Country level with Arminger Unleashed | At least Large Country level (Far stronger than before, his power vastly exceeds that of the Astrals, including Shiva, who could subdue Ardyn Izunia with ease and killed Ifrit with her Diamond Dust attack)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's it XD

Told you guys it's a small change

Last edited:
As you guys can see in the FFXV profiles, the High 6-A feat comes from Ifrit's Dissidia (I guess ?) description of being able to lol reduce the Earth to ashes, my questions is: is that okay to use ? I don't know how you guys take this Dissidia scalling

The High 6-A isn't from Dissidia's Ifrit but a general description of ifrit across the games, even listing his appearances in the main games, same goes for the other summons in the compendium.

As for the rest, seems fine, although Bahamut and Ardyn should still scale to Noctis' FTL due to being >>> Noctis and comparable to his full strength respectively.

Oh, so it isn't from Dissidia, then I guess it's fine

People above Arminger Unleashed surely scale to FTL, yeah, tho Regular Ardyn actually doesn't have the ability (He can use the Arminger Arsenal, but not the power up Arminger Unleashed) , probably because it needs the Sigil to use it. In their fight, Noctis defeated him with just the regular Arminger

To be more specific this is what I mean. It's Dissidia's compendium, but is talking about Ifrit and the other summons in a general sense. We're allowed to use them because of this.

And again fair, I'm mainly referring to Dawn to The Future where Ardyn had grown too powerful for Base Armiger Noctis to beat.

Hmm

Then I guess we shouldn't leave some of the characters as just High 6-A, but leave everyone "6-B" (later High 6-B with Arminger Unleashed having all 13 Kings powers + Noctis, and people being stronger than that) keeping a Possibly High 6-A

I'm really neutral on how we use that High 6-A statement

Last edited:
Hmm

Then I guess we shouldn't leave some of the characters as just High 6-A, but leave everyone "6-B" (later High 6-B with Arminger Unleashed having all 13 Kings powers + Noctis, and people being stronger than that) keeping a Possibly High 6-A

I'm really neutral on how we use that High 6-A statement
This is how they already are for pre-timeskip no?

Yes, but post Timeskip still is only High 6-A. If we are going to keep High 6-A as Possibly, they have to be edited aswell

So we leave them with 6-B, At least 6-B for some upper Tiers, High 6-B for Arminger Unleashed and King of Light Noctis (with few people scalling), keeping for all of them a Possibly High 6-A

So is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back