• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Featured Characters # 4.5

AkuAkuAkuma

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
A collective of new articles and pages have sprung up since the last thread has been created, so the process and selection of a new batch of boys and gals is underway for the occasion. Pages selected or nominated have to be generally recognized or accepted to be of High Quality among the community and are exemplary an/or excelling in FC/OC creation process.

Page size alone does not equal character excellence its mainly more information to digest while reading. Pages will be checked for quality to ensure a standard is somewhat held among them uniformly. And pay mind to the roster for suggestions to diversify the selection of characters present if need be.

• Characters from the last featured characters batch are banned (The characters from the former thread are exempt from the ban due to not being added in during their selection)
  • Only one character per verse/user may be put on display.
  • Don't spam or repeatedly attempt to push a character into the list if there is already an established roster.

Valev is the character I'm most proud of.

Granted, 'pages made by Pix' isn't a long list.

I didn't make him as a character but Vaerun is a glorious bastard that was complex enough of a PC.

A question-

What's going to happen with all of the nominations on Featured Characters #4? Are we simply scrapping that batch, or is the size of the Featured Characters pool expanding now that the Wiki's grown? Something else...?

Uninown said:
Project F.U.E.L is probably my best page by far. I'd really like seeing him out there.
Other candidates I'd like to see are either Eleonore E. Splenda or Tracy Barrett. Both are really good and well-known characters.
I agree with your suggestions.

Also, I have a feeling of impending doom in my stomach.

@Perp, Boys be fully capable of being renominated though this also plays with the idea that they gots to be re-contending with other newer profiles for a position.

...well, that being the case, I'll still nominate Zai with that being basically the sole decent page to my name these days and all. I do like all of @uninown's nominations quite a lot though, as well.

DnW0 said:
I wouldn't allow that one in the list without at least having some things fixed.

First of all, its powers and abilities section is far bigger than any other section in the page (unless you count the entire notable attacks section). This by itself wouldn't be bad, but said list is full of repeated powers (and yes, I checked for resistances and whatnot), which can be easily found with ctrl + F. I do also recommend putting the stuff about appearance and personality which the summary contains into appearance and personality sections. This isn't really required, but makes it a lot easier to read a specific section.

But just get rid of any repeated powers (note: a power, and then a resistance to the same power is ok, this should be a given) that are not of differing types as defined the pages of the power. (such as having conceptual manipulation (type 4), then in a different key having type 1. this would be ok).
I should not be able to ctrl + F and type powers that do not have types on their pages and see more than 2. If this is done, then I can consider it for the list.

Gal is going to get an update that would absolutely put him up here

At least I think

probably

there is a slight chance that won't be the case

either way I'm working on it

Yobo Blue said:
Fix the links.

They should be like [[Reality Warping]] instead of [https://fcoc-vs-battles.fandom.com/wiki/Reality_Warping]. (I only used Reality Warping for example's sake. This applies to every link on the profile). Links to other wikis are like [[w:c:vsbattles:Sephiroth]] (again, only used that guy for example's sake, use the links you need to use)

This isn't too big of a deal, so I guess it can go on the list, but this should be fixed. (There's a lot of links on the profile)

Eh, if any of my pages should be recommended it should either be Miria or Olierus (Leaning more towards the latter though for...obvious reasons.)

Though Tina Phillips was recommended last time as well and I think she'd be a great choice too. Whichever one you guys would think would fit best.

Drag-O-Drawgon said:
DnW0 said:
I wouldn't allow that one in the list without at least having some things fixed.
First of all, its powers and abilities section is far bigger than any other section in the page (unless you count the entire notable attacks section). This by itself wouldn't be bad, but said list is full of repeated powers (and yes, I checked for resistances and whatnot), which can be easily found with ctrl + F. I do also recommend putting the stuff about appearance and personality which the summary contains into appearance and personality sections. This isn't really required, but makes it a lot easier to read a specific section.

But just get rid of any repeated powers (note: a power, and then a resistance to the same power is ok, this should be a given) that are not of differing types as defined the pages of the power. (such as having conceptual manipulation (type 4), then in a different key having type 1. this would be ok).
I should not be able to ctrl + F and type powers that do not have types on their pages and see more than 2. If this is done, then I can consider it for the list.
To clarify, each repeat power refers to a completely different technique that utilizes it in a completely different way, so I see nothing wrong with the profile, but whatever... removed some things

I think we have a sizeable enough list, just gotta figure out which ones I guess would merit it more here.

Back