• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fear Hax

I am curious about something for fear hax

If a character who has 0 will, does not care about anything, Not even for his own life

Would he be resistent to fear hax? Like, Someone forceably induces fear him

Character in question: Yu from "The Boxer"

I am curious about something for fear hax

If a character who has 0 will, does not care about anything, Not even for his own life

Would he be resistent to fear hax? Like, Someone forceably induces fear him

Character in question: Yu from "The Boxer"
If a character has 0 will, like a robot or a golem for example, then yes, fear hax wouldn't work unless said fear hax has feats on that level. However, the character you brought has indeed a will and can actually feel emotions, so he can get perfectly affected unless he gets a resistance or he faces a particularly minor/limited/weak type of fear hax.

Depends on the context.
A character in a mundane setting might still be affected by say, an aura or compound that induces fear. This may include if the character's lack of fear is biological or mental in nature.
It can still be a form of resistance, I suppose. The wiki defines it as "unconventional resistance" because the character lack something that the power acts upon.
I've seen characters who have unconventional resistance to soul manipulation because they lack a soul, for example.

This argument could also be applied to Ulquiorra. However, fear is not an emotion, it is an instinct. Something like Social Influencing that can cause fear manipulation may not work, such as a character who is infamous in-verse having a fearful presence for whoever knows them, as the character in question does not care. However, forced fear hax will still work because fear is a natural instinct, and unless they have no such instinct or their lack of will transcends this instinct and has supernatural properties where they can resist fear hax via their sheer lack of will to survive, they will still get affected by fear hax.

Back