• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate Servants Soul Manipulation

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
I've seen this around a few times, but I never brought it up before.

Servants can eat souls to replenish their magical energy. I can't find a specific scene, but it's something that is referenced in SN and Apocrypha a few times.

A lot of them would never do it in character, but should all servants be given soul manipulation/absorption because of this?

How does it work? Do they just rip out the souls of a human and then eat it or it's limited in some way? For example, all Soul Eater characters can eat souls, but they need to kill the person first.

They seem to need to kill the person first, and then they just eat their soul... I guess?

Assassin did it in Apocrpypha. I think Rider and Caster were doing it in F/SN. Rin said it was a possibility for Arturia to do when she was running out of magical enery.

Looking at the wiki, it says that Servants can absorb the souls and minds of people and convert them into magical energy. IIRC, FSN Rider and Caster used special techniques to absorb several people at once (Rider used her NP and Caster used the leylines of the city). I think Rider could also do it by drinking blood or something like that, as if she were a vampire.

A quote to determine whether they need to kill the person or not would be useful.

I think that they should get the soul absorption ability, yes.

As far as i know, every single servant can absorb/eat the souls of other people and use it as magical supply.

However there are some character like Arturia/Mordred, etc who would never do such thing, 'cause it goes against their moral code/don't like it/etc.

Would this apply to beings like BB, Kingprotea and Passionlip? They are listed under the servant category, but are AIs from the Moon Cell? And what about beings like Sieg and Ruler from Apocrypha and Mash from F/GO who are only pseudo servants or in human bodies?

Also, Gilgamesh's profile is locked, so can an admin or content moderator unlock that?

All Servants should be capable of this, but as Kami said, many of them would never do so due to their code of honor as heros.

BB and Meltlilith consumed many characters throughout CCC, albeit through their own special mechanics. Since Spiritron particles are used to replicate souls, I suppose it would count.

Sieg is a homunculus, so I wouldn't add it to his profile, nor would he ever do so in an actual fight. Same with Mashu.

I don't mind adding it to Gil's profile, but he'd once again never do this due to his personality.

And what about Ruler? She's a proper servant, but possessing a human body

I'm aware that most servants would never do it, but we should still add it.

@Monarch

I would probably rule out Ruler then. Since as you stated, she doesn't have a spiritual body to eat the souls with.

Pretty sure she had a spiritual body in the Orleans singularity. And when she is summoned in Chaldea she also has a spiritual body. So I think that should be added for both Rulers.

Ok. I've edited for all servants except for locked pages, AIs like Kingprotea and Passionlip, and those listed under S alphabetically. I'm going out for a few hours, so if someone else wants to revise those and the locked pages, that would be good. Otherwise, I'll do them when I get back

Back