• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate Manip?

Rakih_Elyan

He/Him
Apparently, divine energy such that I can feel is not the same divine energy that the gods and goddesses wield. Rather, it is the raw power from which they draw strength. Likewise, divine energy can’t be obtained from worshipping any single god. From what she said, it is only possible to unlock the Cleric class, which uses this energy, by equally praying to and drawing energy from multiple gods.

To no surprise to anyone, it was actually a beastkin that earned this class first. Though, not a felyn like I had been expecting, but a kitsune. According to Terra’s search, only two clerics had been born into the world, and of those only one was still alive.

As for the other energy, which I had no clue about at all, Terra identified it as Karma. When I bought the karma system to help Irena before, I had caused the world to begin creating karmic energies. But, this was a rather strange energy, from what she said.

For a mortal, karma is not something that can be controlled. Even for those that feel it, it is simply an omnipresent force at work in the background of the world. Even for gods, it is difficult to directly affect karma. I might be able to do it with my Fate domain, but none of our others would.”

After saying it like that, Terra seemed to sink into thought. “For this game system… think of karma as an invisible multiplier to luck. Someone with terrible karma, such as a mass murdering villain, will eventually have terrible things happen to them even if they have a high luck stat. On the other hand, someone who goes out of their way to help anyone in need, at no regard for their own safety, might be incredibly fortunate even without a high luck stat.

Before I could ask what I wanted to, she gave me a small smile, nodding her head knowingly. “Yes, as the Keeper you are able to directly change a person’s karma through the system. But why would you? What could one tiny mortal do that would merit that attention?”

“True…” I nodded in response. “Still, it’s good to know exactly what these energies are. Though, I have to ask. If divine energy is gained by drawing power from multiple gods, then why don’t I have the cleric job already? I mean, I did quests to become a priest for all of you.”

Terra’s smile faded slightly, shaking her head. “Because you’ve never actually drawn power from us. You never had to. With your own power, you have never been in a really difficult situation that made you ask us for help. Thanks to that… it’s unlikely if you would have ever gotten that job without someone else appearing to show you how.”

She did seem to have a point, and I had to agree. The most difficult situation I’ve been in was my fight against the pride of lions. And even then, I had massively outclassed them in levels. Had it not been for the fact that my Keeper levels are all over the place, I would have been able to take care of them all without getting injured at all.

-World Keeper Chapter 60

Is the karmic energy can be qualified for fate manipulation?

Back