• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Eficiente said:
Um... Where does Ninjask's Space-Time manip come from?
(1st off, sorry for all the words.) Hmmm. Apparently, it "Opened a hole through space-time to the Mirage Kingdom with sheer power.": https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/912264

https://youtu.be/dxjXQ6ci15k?t=4m15s (I'd think maybe those links should go on Ninjask's page as a citation or something.)

Seems to be Classic Sonic, who has Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Spin Dash, Homing Attack, Forcefield Creation (Of the fire and electricity variaties via Insta-Shield) |

BTW, among others, Ninjask's Leech Life was switched from its movepool for Absorb, as Absorb matched Leech Life's pre-Gen 7 power, & Leech Life in Gen 7 now hits harder -by base power- than Giga Drain.

So does Ninjask still have Leech Life? How do we treat its strength relative to other similar moves, if we assume their strength is notably different at all? Absorb for one, may have longer range, but not get buffed by Swords Dance.

But either way Ninjask has some form of Life Absorption.

So what can Classic Sonic do? Well it says Spin Dash... not that useful against a constantly flying bug. Homing Attack?

• Homing Attack: While in the air, Sonic performs a high-speed Spin Dash towards the nearest enemy.
In speed equalized, there's little guarantee that Ninjask won't dodge.... Or that Sonic will hit a Double Team afterimage. Or miss because Sand-Attack got sand in his eyes.

His insta-shields are Fire & Electricity, & both hit Ninjask for double strength via type match-ups, but....

• Insta-Shield: Sonic creates a temporary shield for a split-second that can slash enemies and items within their range without having to touch them.
Just a split second, & against Double Team & Sand-Attack & flight, in a speed equalized match? Might not be the easiest to hit with, but I can see it being at least semi-reliable.

What about Ninjask? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ninjask_(Pokémon)#Learnset

Harden for defense up, Screech to harshly drop Sonic's defenses... if it hits. Is a sound-based technique able to hit either of them in Speed Equalized? Speaking of sound, I wonder if Sonic will notice Ninjask constantly buzzing.... It could definitely thwart Double Team.

Ruby Ninjask moves around at such a high speed that it cannot be seen, even while its crying can be clearly heard. For that reason, this Pokémon was long believed to be invisible.
Sapphire If Ninjask is not trained properly, it will refuse to obey the Trainer and cry loudly continuously. Because of this quality, this Pokémon is said to be one that puts the Trainer's abilities to the test.
Emerald Because it darts about vigorously at high speed, it is very difficult to see. Hearing its distinctive cries for too long induces a headache.
hearing it assumes they aren't moving too fast for sound to reach them. Ninjask maybe gives away its position. & gives poor Classic Sonic a headache.

Agility is useless here, Mind Reader is banned, & Baton Pass is a forfeit.... Swords Dance, Harden, & maybe Sand-Attack & Double Team seem like Ninjask's best statistical options, but no guarantee it won't try to use. Screech is dubious at best but useful if it works.

Slash? Just crit chance. I doubt Sonic has berries to eat with Bug Bite, & I'm not certain if Ninjask will be able to land multiple hits with Fury Cutter. Maybe Fury Swipes if Ninjask landed Screech or used Swords Dance? X-Scissor? Pretty much just an attack.

Absorb might be useful for ranged HP drain, but Leech Life would be stronger, especially with Screech & SD. Depends which it has.

I'm honestly not sure. Ninjask's afterimages should be useful, but if they can hear it buzzing, it might not work too well, & Insta-Shields, if used right, could mean Ninjask has to get burned or zapped to land any attack but Absorb, if it can hit at all through those, but Sonic might need more than 1 use to win.

On the other hand, for all we know, Ninjask could BFR Sonic with a portal to the Mirage Kingdom. Maybe? It also has advantages in flight, statistics manipulation, & afterimage creation. Which of Absorb or Leech Life is more useful is debatable.

But if they fight correctly, both have trouble hitting each other; Ninjask's Flight, Afterimages (Maybe not if Sonic hears it buzzing.), Sand-Attack, Double Team & Harden & Sonic's Insta Shields. Life Absorption draws out the fight, & makes the stamina difference less clear. Oh & Ninjask maybe BFRs?

& Ninjask -& maybe Sonic- fighting optimally depends on them being smart enough to make the proper decisions, instead of just swinging & missing or clashing. In theory, if Ninjask never thought to use Absorb/Leech Life, & both just traded hits, Ninjask would likely lose by inferior stamina.

I don't know who to vote here.

As opposed to Absorb? Or both? Given that the most recent versions of Ninjask's movepools have Leech Life switched out for Absorb.

In any case, if Absorb has any range, it's 1 of the few ways these 2 can break their stalemate. Without Absorb, Ninjask HAS to get up close to attack Classic Sonic, putting it in danger via his Fire & Electricity Insta-Shields. How much can he use those?

It might also be possible CS is a more skilled/experienced combatant, which could go some way to landing or evading hits, or knowing when to Insta Shield.

Meanwhile, ignoring the possibility of the -admittedly, also close range, if slightly better range than CS's other attacks, supposedly- insta-shields counting as "Special" attacks against Pokemon, as opposed to physical, CS has to deal with Double Team & Sand Attack making it hard to hit. Harden amplifying Ninjask's Defense makes physical hits less effective if they DO land.

Also, supposedly, Ninjask's continuous crying causes headaches, apparently.... Which is only an issue if they're fighting slow enough to hear it, I would suppose.

I suppose one possibility might be, if Ninjask doesn't or can't use Absorb, with no way of getting past the Insta Shields, or only being able to do so with risk of great personal injury, since all of its attacks except Absorb are close range, it might lose due to CS's superior stamina & skill.

That said, CS stands to waste time & energy if he doesn't figure out Double Team &/or make good use of the limited tricks he has available to him. Not to mention, skill can only do so much fo a grounded fighter against a freely flying opponent, even in melee.

But even then, deciding via stamina seems dubious here, when Absorb/Leech Life is involved, & SD or Screech could increase the damage/drain of LL. Plus, there's the small BFR potential, I guess?

Back