• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fast and Furious Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Yes, yes, funny haha verse go brrrr.

Anyway, our pages are in disarray and are in dire need of revision.

Tiers
Fast & Furious was not always the high octane action thriller it has come to be. It originally started as a low-stakes crime drama with racing. As such, none of the absurd feats of strength were ever-present up until Fast Five, when the blatantly superhuman Luke Hobbs was introduced. It is also quite obvious that the characters bulk up over time as Brian in the first movie looks like a pool noodle compared to what he looked like in Furious 7. Given this, we should split the characters into different keys. To my knowledge, the first true instance of anything above 10-A comes from Fast and Furious 4, when Dom threw Brian into a wooden shelf. This would put them at 9-C at this point as Fenix died to this, which severely puts into question their 9-B rating. There's also this entire fight in Fast Five where Dom and Luke dent a bunch of metal objects with their strikes and break through a wooden wall.

However, in Fast and Furious 6, Dom performs this feat, which I have calced to be 9-B. Future installments past this point are consistently this level as Luke can fall down several stories, Dom can fragment a stone pillar, Luke is only mildly annoyed by rubber bullets that can hurt riot armor prison guards and the entirety of Hobbs and Shaw. Let us not forget that Roman is also straight-up bulletproof in the latest movie.

In summary, their tiers will look like this:

10-A | 9-C | 9-B
The Fast and the Furious - Fast & Furious | Fast Five - Fast & Furious 6 | Furious 7 - F9

Of course, this varies from character to character but this should serve as a general idea of where they should be in each movie.

Lifting Strength
As with the tiers, Lifting Strength needs to be split as well. I'm not very sure which movie Dom lifted the V8 engine, but it shouldn't scale to his lifting strength prior. Other notable feats include Brixton lifting a car and Luke pulling a helicopter from the sky. The latter two feats aren't calced but I'm pretty sure Luke's feat would be greater than Class 5. That feat needs to be calced and added to Luke and Brixton's pages.

Equipment
I'm surprised so much was left out of this part. To start, they should all have keys for them in their cars, which would likely make them 9-B at top speed and have Statistics Amplification with nitrous oxide. There is also an assortment of other powers through equipment like Temperature Manip, Technology Manip, and Fire Manip, Information Analysis, etc. More can be discussed in the thread.

Before we conclude, I would also like to point out that Luke and Brixton are blatantly superior to the cast in terms of raw strength. Dominic in Fast Five should not scale to Luke's feats in Hobbs and Shaw. In fact, none of the main cast should scale to Hobbs and Shaw. That movie was the first instance of in-universe superhuman feats, and as such the feats in that movie logically do not scale to anyone before it.

That should be all for now.

Last edited:
I'm kind of torn on splitting them into keys, they're never mentioned to have grown any stronger and while the bulking is definitely there that shouldn't be making them jump several times in Attack Potency the way you're implying. This is also ignoring characters like Luke Hobbs (who If, I'm reading this right) you're suggesting gets a key for his debut vs later in the series (despite the fact he never actually bulked and was always treated as roughly superhuman)

I'd also note the timeline; Fast 4 is only a few years before Fast 6 and Tokyo Drift takes place afterwards because Gisele's Death is why Han moves to Tokyo to get jumped by Shaw/fake his death, wheras you seem to have it that happens before Fast 6 in the key which is interesting.

Yes to the equipment and Hobbs calc should be done

I mean we can split them by meta reasoning, it's a very solid case.

Problem would be, Ovens has to prove they genuinely can't do higher feats in the keys he proposed, by providing antifeats (for the record bullets are kinda always sus to bring up)

Not everything really works by anime rules, where we induce power progression out of nowhere.

Right, I forget the timeline is jumbled with Tokyo Drift. Although, where in the timeline Tokyo Drift is is inconsequential, since it doesn't really have any feats and Han doesn't really fight in that movie.

Regardless, Fenix dying to a car ramming into him is a pretty blatant antifeat for 9-B scaling to the entire series.

I mean we can split them by meta reasoning, it's a very solid case.
TBH you could; I'm just pointing out my problems with the "Brian got jacked" idea
Problem would be, Ovens has to prove they genuinely can't do higher feats in the keys he proposed.
Yeh (He mentioned Fenix but iirc he doesn't fight anyone)
Not everything really works by anime rules
Not saying it does; mostly pointing out I can't recall anyone talking about getting stronger outside of "**** these movies got goofy"

Right, I forget the timeline is jumbled with Tokyo Drift. Although, where in the timeline Tokyo Drift is is inconsequential, since it doesn't really have any feats and Han doesn't really fight in that movie.
Basically yeah; Boswell is 23 in 9 and is very clearly not that old
Timeline be dumb. As for Han I can't recall him having very many impressive feats (so we could probably avoid scaling him to Dom and co)
Regardless, Fenix dying to a car ramming into him is a pretty blatant antifeat for 9-B scaling to the entire series.
Fairly true but I can't recall how he scales (I know he attacks Letty but that's with a gunshot to her fuel line) so that might just be an anti-feat for him and not the family as a whole.

I'll do some more research and see if I can find anything tho

There's also the cartoon, but I'm only in the first season. I'm not sure if Dom would scale to that.

There's also the cartoon, but I'm only in the first season. I'm not sure if Dom would scale to that.
How dare you have not finished the Fast and Furious anime yet?
Calling yourself a fan and shit.

In all seriousness it's fairly possible but that depends (I know the lead is related to Dom but no clue if they ever interact or if there's statements)

Dom's in the first episode, but he doesn't fight. He does threaten Ms. Nowhere tho.

Yes but the problem is he died from that. If he was 9-B, he wouldn't have, especially when characters survive much worse car crashes in later movies.

I mean that can be said about characters for every movie before Fast Five. There really aren't any physical feats in the first 4 movies and fights mostly just involve fisticuffs and at most, a car crash.

Hell, Tokyo Drift had a car crash that landed the lead in the hospital if I remember correctly.

Also remember that Luke broke his arm to a fall in Furious 7 and was completely fine leaping off a building and smashing through bulletproof glass in Hobbs and Shaw. So there should be a key separation there.

Yes but the problem is he died from that. If he was 9-B, he wouldn't have, especially when characters survive much worse car crashes in later movies.
What
Does 9-B now have a flat value or something?
He could've been just a lower end lol, like a 9-B person dying to a 9-B attack is not an outlier unless it was baseline or something
Also I don't think 1 antifeat is enough to justify them being lower, at best this's an outlier imo

I mean that can be said about characters for every movie before Fast Five. There really aren't any physical feats in the first 4 movies and fights mostly just involve fisticuffs and at most, a car crash.

Hell, Tokyo Drift had a car crash that landed the lead in the hospital if I remember correctly.

Also remember that Luke broke his arm to a fall in Furious 7 and was completely fine leaping off a building and smashing through bulletproof glass in Hobbs and Shaw. So there should be a key separation there.
There shouldn’t; Hobbs casually shattered a large table and parts of walls in his interrogation from Furious 6 and his feat in 7 involves landing back first into a car (flattening it’s Roof)

Even if you separate the keys Hobbs shouldn’t be split (especially since; given the meta reasons) he’s probably the most consistent - he is the guy that introduced the superhero spy insanity to the series
What about Hellbeast's claim he scales to fuckall?
Take this with a grain of salt for now
I haven’t watched Fast and Furious for a while so I might have forgotten something

Also while I'm here here's some RT's for the big dogs of the verse

Sadly Netflix removed the movies in my country (No more family) but from what I've seen the best feats are from Dom, Brixton (who is basically Black Superman) and Hobbs with characters like Jakob Cena (Doo doo do doo), Deckard, Owen being the ones who explicitly scale to these guys. There's a couple big dude henchmen who fit this (like the Jakob's right hand guy in the new movie who survives getting smashed through a billboard) but I feel that's mostly where the scaling ends.

Brian never fights Dom outright and mostly seems a lot weaker so he probably shouldn't scale and characters like Letty and Han (and the rest of the fam) never really do the same level of superhuman shit). Hell Han and Roman get memed on by my man Sub-Zero (please get this joke) Boswell also is probably the most grounded lead up until being a rocket scientist or some shit in Fast 9 so he definitely should not scale.

We need to probably note the above guys are the strongest explicitly and avoid scaling people to them unless there's consistency for that (we don't have many profiles but Brian is scaled this way). This comes back to my point on Fenix who really doesn't have many feats (outside of being a pretty cool Oddjob type) so him being merced by a 9-B attack isn't entirely an anti feat (especially since cars in the F&F universe are wild) and he did survive this car crash just before his death. This probably wouldn't be 9-B but it'd probably be a good street level showing for him and Brian and would give them 9-B with vehicles

Last edited:
Personally, I think the god tiers are Luke, Dom, and Brixton. Only the three of them have superhuman feats (If you don't count what happened to Roman in F9). Anyone else should backscale.

I'm of the opinion that feats in Hobbs and Shaw should not scale to anyone prior. The reason being that almost half of the superhuman feats come from this movie alone. Brixton being a literal cyborg, Luke pulling a helicopter, Deckard and Luke surviving electrocution that would have killed normal men, etc. There's also the fact that this fall breaks Luke's arm but he's perfectly fine after this fall.

Personally, I think the god tiers are Luke, Dom, and Brixton. Only the three of them have superhuman feats (If you don't count what happened to Roman in F9). Anyone else should backscale.
That mostly works but I'd add Deckard and Jakob to that list. There's no evidence Luke really grew in strength and we see Deckard was able to fight him easily in Fast 7 with Jakob pretty explicitly being relative (Cipher claims he's stronger) to his older brother.

I agree no one outside of maybe a few henchman (who if anything just bolster the top tier scaling) would be Wall level tho.
I'm of the opinion that feats in Hobbs and Shaw should not scale to anyone prior. The reason being that almost half of the superhuman feats come from this movie alone. Brixton being a literal cyborg, Luke pulling a helicopter, Deckard and Luke surviving electrocution that would have killed normal men, etc. There's also the fact that this fall breaks Luke's arm but he's perfectly fine after this fall.
Again I'd disagree, Brixton is cybernetically enhanced but we see he's not overwhelmingly above the duo since they take hits from and harm him pretty easily in the final fight (the real kicker is his Analytical Prediction/Info Analysis).

Luke pulling a helicopter is stupid but we see him easily flip rubble and easily uses minigun from a drone in previous films (the latter of which happening after an extended hospital stay). The fall seems like an anti feat but I'd note he was propelled by the force of an explosive in the first scan and was actively using his body to shield his partner (he even mentions this in the next movie) meaning he'd likely take more of the impact (compare how it seems Brixton landed first in the second video).

And again he crumples the car in both videos so they probably shouldn't be leagues beyond. The electrocution is also just Resistance to Electricity since we don't scale tanking electrical discharges to actual durability anymore (Darkdragon Medeus would know better)

There's currently contention with the Letty catching calc. As such, we will have to search for more feats to calc. I have an incomplete list here. But we will need to find a substitute soon lest we forgo a calc'd instance of 9-B.

So what currently needs to be done here? Should I send a notification to a few calc group members to ask them to calculate feats for you?

I think that somebody vandalised the page in that manner a while back at least.

I'm kind of torn on splitting them into keys, they're never mentioned to have grown any stronger and while the bulking is definitely there that shouldn't be making them jump several times in Attack Potency the way you're implying. This is also ignoring characters like Luke Hobbs (who If, I'm reading this right) you're suggesting gets a key for his debut vs later in the series (despite the fact he never actually bulked and was always treated as roughly superhuman)

I'd also note the timeline; Fast 4 is only a few years before Fast 6 and Tokyo Drift takes place afterwards because Gisele's Death is why Han moves to Tokyo to get jumped by Shaw/fake his death, wheras you seem to have it that happens before Fast 6 in the key which is interesting.

Yes to the equipment and Hobbs calc should be done
I agree with this. Also there's the bunker-roof-pulling feat in F9 by Dom that happened but that scene is not online yet, and obviously I feel hesitant to put it on imgur due to how it butchers quality.

The electrocution is also just Resistance to Electricity since we don't scale tanking electrical discharges to actual durability anymore (Darkdragon Medeus would know better)
The electrocution part should just be resistance, yeah, since Hobbs was grounded and not in mid-air (If it was mid-air scaling would have been possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back