• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Antvasima

Well, I don't think that they seem reasonable. I pointed out a lot of flaws with his complaints in my first post, which included really glaring flaws such as bringing up relative speed to feats where that isn't a factor, or saying that something didn't happen despite it happening on-panel.

In addition, it was accepted by the OBD and Endless Mike is a honestly a better calcer than Xcano, and more knowledgeble on Marvel than any of us here.

Well, I am in no position to say who is a better calcer, but LordXcano is our most active calc group member, and as such we should show him respect and listen to his arguments, not automatically dismiss them.

Anyway, is it really such a disaster that only half the feats were accepted? We can perform upgrades anyway.

In addition, I am pretty sure that I have (regrettably) read more Marvel comics than pretty much anybody in the Battleboard community. I do not remember most of them very well though.

Anyway, to answer some of Xcano's complaints Part 2:

>He is using a shot from another comic because they are most likely on the same planet, for reasons he explained. This allows him to accurately scale the distance and calculated the feat

>Don't see how that is calc-stacking, and he also doesn't say that he is calc-stacking, he is using the same attribute to get something else, and the speed is because he calculated the speed of those missiles on part 5.

>No, he isn't assuming from the narration, he is basing on what actually happened in the issue, and again, I really don't see how 1 minute is a bad time-frame, certainly no more unreasonable than randomly saying 2.5 or 3 minutes

>I don't think you can make any assumptions regarding Ternak's blast other than what's stated and shown in the comic, assuming otherwise is applying headcanons

>He was mistaken about human-reaction time, but that alone is a low-end because the blast is stated to have reached Galactus "almost simultaneously" as it was fired. And it matters because it gives a speed for High-Evolutionary's blasts which allows to scale to his attack speed and people who can react to him

>You absolutely can't be serious about this with Annihilus' feat. Literally no writer in the world would ever consider all which you just said, and the comic certainly doesn't. There's no need to apply excessive realism to a fantasy story which has acceptable breaks from reality.

>Flak Burst feat isn't aimdodging and the resulted speed is brought by mathematically scaling the characters and their movement. If EM considered it aimdodging, and his standards are far fairer than yours, he wouldn't have calced it.

>No, people complain about using e=mc┬▓ for stupid reasons, because that calculation often wields incredible results and people don't like that, regardless of why it makes sense. He has a whole paragraph explaining why it's 100% acceptable, so he's right here.

>He actually calculated the relative velocity and properly scaled things, so dunno why you are complaining about this

>Ben being shocked doesn't matter. It's still a feat that he did with a punch and can be calculated. Not every feat needs to align in result to be acceptable, and this is why Endless Mike is such a great debater, he calculates virtually every feat regardless of result.

>That still doesn't mean that Ebon Seeker still fits most properties of real life black holes and is a literally sentient black hole, but he obviously can be physically interacted with as that happens all the time in the comics. We can use the calculation to figure out his weight, which is low-balled, and then the KE of him moving

>60% isn't destroyed by the sun, Ego is simply sideways, look at the panel again. And Ben was at the center of the explosion so he was hit with pretty much most of this.

>It's 17 m/s, 11 m/s is simply the minimum while 17 m/s is average.

>She still contains it on-panel. If she didn't she'd be directly hit. Pretty sure that Reed isn't speaking hyperbolically but talking about what literally happened, and I don't think that a later retcons matters to what is stated on this chapter.

>Sure we can add them together because it's literally stated that he would make the crust burst. The minimum doesn't matter against what's stated.

I can still perform the upgrades since the relevant calculations are fine and plenty of Xcano's complaints are unsupported by what happens or aren't valid.

And I didn't disrespect Xcano, nor automatically dismiss his arguments. If I did I wouldn't have taken the time to answer them.

Okay. You can perform the accepted upgrades in the meantime.

I am fine with the Fantastic Four sans Johnny Storm "only" being MHS in speed, by the way. The meteor feat being Mach 200+ seems legit.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

I would also appreciate if you check through our Marvel Comics category for characters that scale from the Thing, and update the Hulk's profile with statistics for his Grey incarnation.

that is nonsense, hes the main FF villain and he's superior to them in every stat except Reed's intellect.

I have asked Matthew to help with slowly mostly abandoning the handbook scaling, yes.

And Doctor Doom and the Super-Skrull should be at least as powerful as the Thing, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back