• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FANDOM terms

Copetan

Your local Minecraft addict
Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Note: If you are not part of the Joke Battles Wiki staff, please do not reply to this thread!

It was recently brought up to us that this wiki has a problem with offensive language, so I just want to make sure that every staff member on this wiki is aware of this situation, and that you'll take the measures necessary to deal with this situation.

First and foremost, please sure that you have read the FANDOM terms of use, following these terms ensures the continued existence on this wiki on Wikia's servers.

Please make sure to look out for any potentially offensive edits on Recent Changes (Let me repeat: Recent. Changes.), since this shows detailed information about absolutely every new edit made on this wiki; I also recommend clicking on Special:Random once in a while to look over older pages on this wiki. If such edits are found, please delete them promptly, and warn the user about these edits. If necessary, don't be afraid about deleting entire pages, and if there is a a user who does this chronically, don't hesitate on banning them, if necessary (I'm looking at you Seol).

All in all, if you're a staff member, keep on your toes, and remember to enforce the rules of FANDOM and this wiki

Great to hear that you're willing to help, but only staff can reply to this page

"(I'm looking at you Seol)"

Jeez, just because I didn't ban Alexcar when i was supposed to I get this? the only reason I didn't ban him was because I was intigued by having a discussion with him, if some nobody comes around and starts spouting shit than I will ban them in a heartbeat like I did with Carlos

Also, ummm, I don't think my pages have any offensive slurs, but if someone finds one on one of my pages than feel free to remove it, if its a locked page than just contact me and I will remove it myself

Why did you assume it was because of Alexcar? If anything, I said that referring to Carlos' ban (Plus, you even mention it on your profile.)

I shouldn't have been so quick to unban Carlos, but I talked to him for a bit afterword and so far he has behaved himself

Seol404 said:
Also, ummm, I don't think my pages have any offensive slurs, but if someone finds one on one of my pages than feel free to remove it, if its a locked page than just contact me and I will remove it myself
I also want to point out that any phrase that could be considered as offensive should be removed, even if that phrase doesn't have any slurs itself.

Well if you find anything like that on my pages feel free to remove it then

I think I should mention that there are also three very specific words that FANDOM strictly prohibits under any circumstance. A certain C-word, a certain N-word and a certain F-word (the one that is used to denote homosexuals). These words, even if quoted, are grounds for being perma-banned across all of FANDOM network.

Crabwhale said:
I think I should mention that there are also three very specific words that FANDOM strictly prohibits under any circumstance. A certain C-word, a certain N-word and a certain F-word (the one that is used to denote homosexuals). These words, even if quoted, are grounds for being perma-banned across all of FANDOM network.
I've made sure not to use any of those words, but I still don't know whats classified as "offensive language".

There is also a fourth word that I am forgetting. I am sure they were mentioned over on VS as well.

Anywho, Seol, I think just not swearing excessively in your profiles should do the trick.

I don't really have any pages that swear excessively. (Not pages that I've looked at in the last month at least)

Megamangohan said:
Hold on, I see no way we can revise every page with bad words
I can start on it with Copebot, and I can definitely scan all of the mainspace pages, but it would be extremely difficult and time consuming to scan the rest of the 85 thousand pages on this wiki (this includes talk pages) and the 13 thousand files too (although I did it once before for another thing)

Back