• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extraordinary Genius intelligence requirements for combat prowess

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
As the title says, are there specific requirements that a character has to fulflill, in terms of fighting capabilities, in order to be considered an Extraordinary Genius (or even Supergenius, who knows)

Ranging from blatant things like "mastering all martial arts/fighting styles in the world/existence/whatever" (or even just countless, hundreds etc...), having several years (dozens, hundreds etc..) of experience fighting against skilled warriors or other fighting geniuses (because fighting against a dummy for 1500000 years obviously doesn't count) or just matching them in skill even once, being incredibly able to read or predict enemy's movements, inventing techniques or other stuff that at the moment I don't have in mind.

Because I usually see them being listed as gifted or geniuses at most, maybe because their knowledge doesn't extend to other fields or it's more difficult to have a character that displays certain things, instead of having him building some impossible machinery.

In short, are some characters allowed to be ranked as such based only on their fighting capabilities? After all, some examples don't really match what a real human genius can do, I think.
All other aspects and displays of intelligence would still theoretically be considered, and might grant (or already grant) a higher level of intelligence when combined to fighting skill, but I'm stricly referring to only combat prowess, like if the other aspects of intelligence didn't exist.

Is kinda broad and vague, but the "predicting the future via mental gynamstics" is already it.

A extraordinary or super genius that is 100% combat related would probably be omniscient in relation to martial arts, so let me try o make some hypothetical feats.

Mastering all martial arts in the universe and combining them into one.

Predicting an entire tournament just by looking at the fighter's style.

Literally emboding combat.

Stuff like that

Thank you.

The question came into my mind by looking at this character, that I have never noticed being rated only as gifted. Knowing the series and the character, I updated him to Genius (It was self-explanatory enough to not requiring a CRT), but I was wondering if him and characters with similar displays of fighting ability should be directly Extraordinary Geniuses.

Normally, in turns of hand to hand combat; extraordinary genius and supergenius aren't really much of a thing. And even Genius is typically something a character would have to be really tactical to get genius, meaning Gifted is usually the highest possible intelligence ratings for any non scientist with only very few exceptions. But if people can combined scientific geniuses with their combat, then I can see it being a thing.

Thank you for the input.
What about characters that know all fighting styles of the world or similar (Like the Edge Master above, Yujiro Hanma, Machamp, people like Batman and Cap America and others) or even just dozens to hundreds?

Yes, even for Yujiro, but my question was if such rating can be achieved by fighting knowledge and prowess alone, without considering other forms of knowledge (limited only to that specific field, obviously.)

I’ll share my opinion, because I certainly don’t know the Answer 100% certain-
I don’t think it should.
Or, to elaborate more, I don’t believe it should without further explanation.

A lot of characters can be idiots, dumb as a rock, and yet contest with characters that have a thousand years of Fighting Experience or some arbitrary number like that. It’s most common in Fighting games such as Soulcalibur. But the Intelligence System on the Profile implies that’s their actual Intelligence, not Fighting Skill as that’s typically just a Skill Feat that can go under the Feats part of certain profiles.
The Intelligence system also says you should elaborate on this stuff, and so, so many Profiles don’t do this. It’s a problem with Stamina too, technically, but that’s derailing. So I’m a firm believer that it shouldn’t, and if they’re typically dumber than that it should either be listed as a Skill Feat, or say ‘Average, Supergenius Combat-Wise’ or something like that.

You are absolutely right on the last part and it was exactly what I was thinking of, just like many fictional scientists can create advanced machines but lack common sense, and many other examples.

In my honest opinion, I would honestly consider this as EG for combat;
  • Casually beating geniuses
  • Mastering Techniques/Martial arts that takes years (Let's say.. Atleast 50 years) in a instant
  • Copying complex attacks from scratch without understanding their concept (Take Goku mastering the Kamehameha without knowing what Ki is for example)
  • Adaptating to opponents more stronger/skilled than them
  • Creating abilities mid fight and getting more skilled in seconds against a strong opponents
  • Have years of experience
  • Knowing everything about the human body (This is actually more important than it seems)
  • Creating strategies/Plans to beat opponents stronger than yourself
  • Predict movements based on alot of factors
  • Casually knowing what your opponent is hiding or knowing what his attack does from glance
This is in my opinion

Last edited:
Back