• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Expanding the References for Common Feats page

Yeah. And KLOL did not comment that to imply that my calculation is wrong or something like that, he simply commented that to clarify that the 9-C+ calculation was outdated and the updated version was already available a long time ago.

In any case, what I am proposing here is that the rest of the ends and the other two calculations that appear on the blog be added to the common feats page.
Yeah okay I get ya now, I didn't link KLOLs reply because I thought he rejected it, that's where that confusion came in.

Since we currently don't have a compression method you want to add that then, let me ping more cgms to see if we're cool with that then.

@KLOL506 @Flashlight237 @SeijiSetto @Damage3245

Tdlr for those pinged he wants to know if its cool to add the corrected compression method to the common fests page, he isn't replacing DTs frag method he's just adding this additinal method of breaking a neck via compression
@Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @Ugarik @DMUA @Damage3245 @TheRustyOne @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan @Armorchompy @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @CloverDragon03 @M3X_2.0 @Dark-Carioca @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Aguywhodoesthings @Agnaa @Flashlight237 @SeijiSetto

Does this seem acceptable to you?
Here are a few we haven't added so far.
Have all of them been properly accepted? I think that the ones that have been deemed very reliable should preferably be added.

Also, what other standard feats have already been accepted to be added in this thread, but were never applied to the wiki page despite this?

@Elizhaa @Starter_Pack @Colonel_Krukov @Just_a_Random_Butler @Shadowbokunohero @QrowBarr @Crazylatin77 @Zaratthustra @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Dereck03 @Therefir @IdiosyncraticLawyer @GarrixianXD @Catzlaflame

Would any of you be willing to help us out here by occasionally making new additions to the following page that our calc group members have thoroughly evaluated and accepted as reliable?

@Catzlaflame

Would any of you be willing to help us out here by occasionally making new additions to the following page that our calc group members have thoroughly evaluated and accepted as reliable?

Yes, I will do so. I have followed the thread now, and am awaiting any newly approved calcs.

Asking:

Any discussion on dimension creation feat for "smaller objects"?

Say from a bullet to a car to a large building to a city to a country something like that?
There is already a standard for this, we use weight to tier them.

1200 m/s is an unusually high-end for a sniper rifle (.220 Swift is not a common standard-issue cartridge). The better ones would be 7.62x51mm NATO/.308 Winchester and 7.62x54mmR for most standard battle rifles, marksman rifles (For urban engagement) and light-to-heavy machineguns, 7.62x39mm, 5.45x39mm and 5.56x45mm NATO for most standard-issue intermediate rifles, .338 Lapua Magnum and .50 BMG for sniper rifles (And in the latter's case, heavy machine guns). Helicopter artillery would use anything from an M134 Minigun to an M61 Vulcan, while something as big as the A10 Warthog would use the infamous GAU-8 Avenger or the more standard M230 Chain Gun.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I can move it if so.

I'm not sure if this is entirely possible, but would it be possible to calculate the durability needed to be immune to specific calibre of weapons? I find it really common in fiction that people are often able to tank bullets, without so much as flinching, and being able to get durability feats from these seems really useful. The following ammo types should probably be done if so:
  • 9mm
  • .45 ACP
  • 50 Cal
  • Shotgun Shell

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I can move it if so.

I'm not sure if this is entirely possible, but would it be possible to calculate the durability needed to be immune to specific calibre of weapons? I find it really common in fiction that people are often able to tank bullets, without so much as flinching, and being able to get durability feats from these seems really useful. The following ammo types should probably be done if so:
  • 9mm
  • .45 ACP
  • 50 Cal
  • Shotgun Shell
We just scale them to the energy yield of the bullets as a lowball as we can't convert their pressure values into AP as there is no viable displacement to use for them without taking it all into Tier 8 territory (Which we rejected before).

KLOL is correct that we rejected it in the past, so I'm not trying to carry on conversation, but you really should probably specify the type of shotgun shell. One would assume 12 gauge but there's a pretty huge disparity between that and something like 410 gauge.

KLOL is correct that we rejected it in the past, so I'm not trying to carry on conversation, but you really should probably specify the type of shotgun shell. One would assume 12 gauge but there's a pretty huge disparity between that and something like 410 gauge.
Most people resort to using the tried, tested and true 12 gauge but I'm not sure if there should be an overwhelming velocity difference TBF, a quick google search puts a typical 410 gauge slug right around the 400-550 m/s mark, which most shotguns operate at.

410 was just an example, gotta figure the disparity is about equivalent to the difference between huge rifle rounds like a .50 compared to something like a .22.

410 was just an example, gotta figure the disparity is about equivalent to the difference between huge rifle rounds like a .50 compared to something like a .22.
It's not as if we're just gonna average the speeds LMAO, each caliber will have its own value listed depending on what gun and accompanying caliber was Matrix'd.

being honest, I don't know why you're taking the opportunity to debate against noting something like that?

Well, you care more than I, as an American- whether that can be regarded with pride or horror is a conundrum I leave to you.

(just don't put "shotgun shell" if we're being specific about the rounds)

We have a discussion here that may be of interest:

Basically, there seems to be a real world test for the energy required to destroy a mobile phone. Should we list that external link in our page for standard feats?

We have a discussion here that may be of interest:

Basically, there seems to be a real world test for the energy required to destroy a mobile phone. Should we list that external link in our page for standard feats?
This seems like an interesting addition, it's a somewhat common feat in fiction after all.

Back